Niccole's Kick Start AF/TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BabyBirdies

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2012, 03:45 PM
Hello! I'm Niccole (and a newbie) TTC#1! So, at this moment, I'm trying to regulate my cycles, which are crazy wacky. For example, I'm on CD 48 of my current cycle and my last period lasted 19 days I have been tracking my periods for three years. My average cycle is 150 days Why the crazy cycles? I blame Depo shots lol. Before them, I was so regular, you could have paid your rent by my cycles! But after the depo, it took me 18 months to have a period and it's been crazy ever since! Anywho, I have been researching a way to get back on track w/o BC, which I really don't want to use.

And here's my plan:
I have decided to use Progesterone cream to kick start my periods and track my BBT and use an OPK to test for O. If I don't O, then I am going to try Soy Isoflavones to see if I can't 'force' O.

Today is my first day of the Progesterone cream. I will go for 21 days and then stop to see if I get a visit from AF

If anyone is thinking about using progesterone cream/soy or have used them with success (or failure for that matter) I would love to hear from you!
September 23rd, 2012, 09:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Niccole, I'm Jen one of the co-hosts of this board. Sorry your having such a difficult time with your cycles.

I always like a lady with a plan so i hope your does the trick. I havent had any experience of either myself but there maybe someone else around here that has.

and KUP on how it turns out

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

September 23rd, 2012, 10:13 AM
Thanks Jen!
September 29th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Well, I've been on natural progesterone cream for 9 days. The day I was going to stop to bring on AF was October 5th. However, I had some spotting on monday (24th) and then on Thursday(27th) and now I'm having what seems to be AF! So my dilemma now is that I don't know whether or not I should keep going with the NPC or should I stop and let AF keep going? I have been taking Folic acid and just started B6 yesterday, but I doubt that has anything to do with it. I cut out caffeine completely as well since the 26th. Any suggestions would be mighty helpful! Thanks!
October 5th, 2012, 09:53 PM
So, I decided to just let AF happen! I am on CD8 today, after a 6 day AF! Although, I did an OPK today and it was positive, then did another one and it was negative! So weird! But I think it may have been that I went to the bathroom too soon (I had went about an hour before the first one) so I think it was a false positive. I did not see a surge in BBT and I don't believe I have EWCM, so, I'm going to keep testing and see if I can't catch me an O lol I have also started Vitex (as of yesterday) so I'm hoping that will help with the regulation of AF!

Last edited by niccolem; October 5th, 2012 at 09:55 PM.
October 7th, 2012, 08:57 AM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
Hi there!! Good luck!

I also have some irregular cycles (shortest is 28 days, longest is 43), so I can understand a little where you are coming from.

Really interested in how things progress. I have also heard good things about vitamin D (D3) as a help to regulating hormones - most of us in the Northern Hemisphere are in the lower range of normal, and there's some research to support that being on the higher end helps fertility. Just a thought for you!
author1975 likes this.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

October 19th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the reply BabyBirdies!

Today is CD22. I had no clear indication of O. My temps seem to be all over the place (but that may be more of my fault than anything) and I have seen no EWCM. As I mentioned before, I got a +OPK on CD8, but figured it was a false positive since AF had just finished. I noticed in the last two days that my CM was heavier, as in more of it than usual, and seemed a bit waterier. However, I only got -OPK's. Now my issue is that I started spotting yesterday (CD21)! Just a warning, but this may be TMI- I was checking my CM last night and was completely shocked when I saw a small pea-sized blood clot! Eww, and what in tarnation!? SO, I put a pantyliner on and went to sleep. This morning when I tempt'ed I saw blood, went to the bathroom, but there was none on the pantyliner, only lightly after I wiped. I'm not expecting AF until at least a week from now (assuming that the vitex worked and I miraculously have a 28 day cycle). Any ideas? I'm just not sure I O'd at all and now this strange bleeding..gah Maybe AF just couldn't wait lol that would be my luck, I never see her, then she starts showing up too soon!
October 19th, 2012, 10:54 AM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
Some people get bleeding around the time of ovulation? No idea!

Have you thought about alternative treatments? I recently started acupuncture (mostly for migraines), and I've read a lot of interesting stuff about working with them to help regulate cycles - mine aren't so bad, but maybe for you it might be something to think about?

Good luck!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

October 20th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was thinking the same as Jess about the bleeding, I have a friend who always, without fail, bleeds a bit when she ovulates (great moneysaver for her as no OPKs needed lol)

I hope you figure out your cycle soon and KUP

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

October 23rd, 2012, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the GL ladies!

Well, here's how it has gone down so far. I'm on what would be CD26. Spotted CD21-22, nothing CD23, spotted CD24 then light flow "CD25" which in that case is now cycle two CD1. OK, that's fine. AF showed early, no worries, that's better that going 100+ days without her! However, today CD26/CD2, I had med flow in the morning, light this afternoon, and now at 9pm, nothing! Now I'm confused! I'm used to 5-7 day cycle, and now I see nothing after a few days of spotting and one light flow. Haven't been temping because I was sure AF was coming. Checked and no EWCM today when I noticed there was no flow. I just don't know what to make of it. Is it AF? Oh, what's a girl to do?
November 7th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Is there any way you could have ib? It's usually a week before af is due and it is usually really light? I know my period usually last for 7 days and I had very light bleeding 2-3 days last month . I just had an off cycle for some reason. So i would say you either have an off cycle or ib? Sorry I am not much help
November 7th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the reply!

So what ended up happening is that on what would have been CD29 I got a steady AF that lasted for 5 days. So, I decided that I would count that as CD1 and the rest as strange spotting. I thought maybe it could be IB but then AF came so, who knows ! I also did a PT on CD23 and got a BFN. DH said maybe it was just trying to give itself a jumpstart lol
I skipped the Soy this cycle and I am going to continue the vitex and if I get another "normal" AF (as in, at least on time lol) then I will skip the vitex next cycle and see if I get AF on my own! I have not detected any ovulation though Not last cycle and so far not this cycle (I'm on CD13) but I guess I will just have to take one problem at a time!

GL and baby dust to the rest of you!!!
November 8th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Well hopefully you will detect ovulation this month soon Baby to you
November 9th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Hi there,

I'm also Nicholle! Hopefully your cycle is regulating and you will get your BFP in no time!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

June 4th, 2014, 06:43 AM
Well, I haven't posted here in FOREVER! But I thought I'd give a quick update. I moved to Germany lol and we are still on the baby grind I went to the doctor in April because I had a CRAZY AF and she started testing me for PCOS (which I have long suspected). I have actually had 3 cycles not insanely far apart like usual. Feb was 60 days (suspected O on CD51) April was 39 days (suspected O on CD31) and I'm currently on CD 20 (FF says I O'd on CD10, but I don't think I did) so I'm waiting it out. I have still not had a positive OPK ever. Faint line? Yes. Faint lines that get progressively darker but never darker than the control? Yes. And boy is that frustrating! I tried the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor but my cycles are just too wacky. Now I'm using the Fertile-Focus Ovulation microscope (I just got it last week!) along with copious amounts of cheap internet OPK's and I have been religiously tracking my BBT. Based on FF, my LP is only 8/9 days . I'm also taking a pre-natal, Omega-3, and B6 oh, and I took soy iso's this month CD3-7 too... obsess much? Yes. Yes I do. My test results from the doctor showed everything was normal except my triglycerides were high and my fasting blood sugar was 94 (has to be 100 to be considered pre-diabetic, but still, that seems pretty darn close!) An ultrasound last week showed I have a small cyst on my left ovary and had a few 3-4mm follicles as well. My right had "few peripheral cysts" and I was told my ovaries did not meet the criteria for PCOS. So who knows what going on! However, I've lost 18 pounds so I am hoping I can kick start my cycles that way.
June 5th, 2014, 01:11 AM
Well, trying to figure out full ferning vs partial has been fun. Not really. I think I will soon get the handg of it! FF says I O'd on CD 10 but I'm still not buying it. Temp dropped again today but so far, barely any ferning on my microscope and I haven't done an OPK yet, it's too early (I usually test around 2pm and it's 10am here) I don't think the SI's worked, but who knows! It looks like I may be in for another longish cycle.

I was going to link to my chart but not enough posts yet! Soooon!
June 9th, 2014, 12:49 AM
So in the time that I have been using IC OPK's, I have never gotten a positive. Well, on 6/6 I FINALLY got a positive! I had been sitting there waiting, contemplating the idea that maybe these cheapie OPK's don't work, then BAM! positive! I was soooo happy! FF says I O'd on 6/5, the day before my +OPK. In addition to my +OPK I had EWCM (a lot!) for the first time too on 6/7 (the day after the +OPK). One of my temps is wonky on my chart so I am thinking that I may have actually O'd on 6/7 but I can't test that theory until tomorrow's temp we have been good on with our BD so I'm hoping we caught it! I also think I have a short LP so I have fingers and toes crossed that this month will be it! Also, I have noticed a lack of "symptoms". My BB's aren't sore like the last couple cycles, I don't feel bloated, no headaches, and no back aches. At least not yet. I thought it was weird! I only felt really sleepy on 6/6 (progesterone I'm sure) but that has been all. usually I seemed to have felt a bunch of things and now nothing!

My Ovulation Chart

My Blog: www.Paleo4PCOS.com

Last edited by niccolem; June 9th, 2014 at 12:56 AM.
June 10th, 2014, 02:05 AM
Well, I am indeed 3 DPO! Considering that my LP seems to be only 8/9 days, it isn't quite the TWW, but it sure feels like it! I am hoping that it's longer though, since this was the strongest O I've ever had ( a TON of EWCM, clear temp spike, AND a +OPK the day before with full ferning!) We BD'd the day before, and two days before O so I'm hoping we caught it! We were out of town on O day so we shall see! We got a referral from our doctor to have a fertility evaluation done, so we are in the process of setting that up too. Excited and nervous!

As far as "symptoms", my BBs started to be sore today, which seems pretty typical for me. I was dead tired 1DPO, but I know that's the progesterone Other than that, nada! Let the 2WW commence!

Last edited by niccolem; June 10th, 2014 at 02:08 AM.
June 12th, 2014, 04:24 AM
I'm 5 dpo today and my temp is still up so that's good I suppose. I have had tender BBS yesterday and today and I checked my charts for the last couple cycles and I don't usually have tender BBS at this point (it's usually around O and AF, not really in between) plus a little bloated feeling in my abdomen. It's only 5 dpo so there's not much to report lol. I've been taking prenantals, omega 3, and B6 for three months now too. I have noticed that after my super wacked cycle in February I haven't spotted AT ALL during my cycle! I'm thinking that may be due to the extra vitamins? I went Paleo a month ago but the spotting stopped before that. Also, I'm wondering if the SI's are what caused such an obvious ovulation this month (since I've never really had EWCM and I got my first +opk )or could it be that I have lost 18 lbs since mid-april? Hmmm so many questions!

Tags
irregular period ttc , journal , progesterone cream , soy isoflavones , vitex

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search