Katie's TTC #1 Journey

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2012, 05:25 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
I didn't realize it was 12-12-12!!
Nicholle ttc likes this.

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

December 12th, 2012, 05:48 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
CD 21 - 10 DPIUI

Warning - I'm in a bad mood today! Tested, and of course got a BFN. Now, I know it's early so I still have a chance, but I've gotten to know my body pretty well the last year and a half, and I feel exactly as though I usually do around 10 DPO. My bbs are getting sore and a bit bigger, light low cramping (especially when I lie down). It's just hard because it's all so familiar.

I feel like rubbish. I know I'm not out until AF shows, but I'm having a hard time convincing myself that's the case. DH was so excited for me to test this morning - he was like 'get out of bed and go PEE'. I feel bad disappointing him, along with disapointing myself.

I've been thinking about having babies since I was 14. I like to dream about winning the lottery, it's one of those things that it's nice to dream and think about, although I know full well that I won't actually be winning millions of dollars ever. Having a baby is starting to feel the same way. I just want it to badly it doesn't feel like it'll ever be a possibility.

Sorry that was really depressing. It sounds like I've given up. I haven't. Just having a bad day that's all.

December 12th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
I know exactly how you feel. After my failed IUI (though, we don't know if yours has failed yet), I felt the same way. Having a baby feels like reaching for the impossible, which doesn't make any sense, since we are doing everything right to conceive! I haven't given up either, but I know that I'm becoming more and more depressed about this, so I'm going to talk to somebody. If you need someone to talk to, please PM me!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

December 12th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nicholle, if you need someone to talk to, you know where I am hun

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

December 12th, 2012, 08:27 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
December 12th, 2012, 04:07 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
December 15th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
December 15th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
December 18th, 2012, 06:27 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Thanks for all the hugs ladies. It really means a lot to me!

CD 2 - (Cycle 18 - natural cycle)

Well the IUI didn't work, but I'm trying to stay hopeful. We bought three IUIs, so it would have been a waste of money if the first one worked right? Trying to be happy that I can enjoy some holiday drinks, and DH and I are going to this spa Saturday hat we've had a gift certificate for 2 YEARS for. They have hot tubs, and different pools and waterfalls and such, and it will be really nice being outside with the snow around sitting in a hot tub. Anyways, I'm trying my best to keep myself positive.

I called my doc today and left a message about scheduling an appointment sometime soon to talk about the next IUI. The clinic is closed over the holidays, which is why I have to do a natural cycle instead of going right to #2. Not sure if we'll try another natural cycle, or move to Clomid. I'm really nervous about multiples, so I might see what my doc has to say.

Anyways, I'm going to try and focus hard on work the next few days. Hope everyone has a good week. It's snowing big fat Christmas-style snowflakes out today! Can't believe it's Christmas in a week!

December 18th, 2012, 06:57 AM
I feel ya. I'm focusing on the holiday drinks as well. Oooo, spa day! I love spa days!!! Enjoy! Hopefully IUI # 2 will do the trick! KUP!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

December 18th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad your keeping your spirits up with fantastic sounding holiday activities! I'm looking forward to plenty of bucks fizz and other christmas drinks too!

Spa day sounds fab, i'm jealous!

The reason we didnt do IUI this cycle was because of the same reason, the clinic is closed over the holidays so I feel your frustration!

December 18th, 2012, 02:42 PM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Just when I thought I had a handle on the IUI failing I get dealt this blow - SIL called - she's pregnant.... Again. She was pregnant when I started TTC, had since had the baby, who's now just over a year, and she's pregnant again. Sigh. I had a good cry after that.

The fertility clinic is making me come in tomorrow for my betas. WTH? I told her I was on CD 2 (full flow, cramps etc.) and she said 'some people still get their period when they are pregnant'. Umm..... really?

December 18th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Ugh sorry. I have been through that phone call. When I got the call that my SIL was pregnant, I was JUST coming off a loss. No fun at all.

WTH with the CD 2 betas??
December 18th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
December 18th, 2012, 03:27 PM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Thanks ladies. I can't imagine getting that call just coming off a loss Karin, I would have been a complete disaster!

I know. I want to just not show up, but then they'll charge me a cancellation fee. I hope it was a receptionist who I talked to on the phone and not a nurse, because otherwise it makes me very very worried.

December 18th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I'm so sorry Katie!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

December 18th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieKat View Post
I know. I want to just not show up, but then they'll charge me a cancellation fee. I hope it was a receptionist who I talked to on the phone and not a nurse, because otherwise it makes me very very worried.
That is really strange. I mean, seriously? For your sake, I really do hope it was a receptionist and not a nurse!

Let us know how it goes, anyway? So odd!
December 19th, 2012, 11:02 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
CD 3

So I just got a call from the nurse (which I had to pay $20 for) to tell me I wasn't pregnant. Ha ha. I was like 'yeah, I'm on CD3'. She said 'oh'. Which leads me to believe that either a) the last girl was a receptionist who didn't know what she was talking about or b) they've had people in the past have spotting or light bleeding and who coincidentally have had light periods in the past and thought this bleeding was their period. Anywho, moving on!

I have an appointment with my doc on Jan 15th to talk about the next cycle. That's the earliest they could get me in, and I'll likely have had my next period before then, so it looks like I'll just be doing an unmedicated IUI again (since I don't want to wait ANOTHER month) and then we'll move onto Clomid for the last. That's what my gut was telling me, so this is fate's way of telling me she agrees

Things are pretty busy getting ready for Christmas now, and then I'll be out of town for a little while, so I likely won't get on JM much in the next little while. Thanks again ladies for checking in on me! If I'm not back, Happy Holidays to all of you!!!!!! Thanks for all the support you've given me!

December 19th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry about your phonecall hun :hugs: that mustve been hard and ye I cant believe they made you have betas either?! especially since you probably had to pay for them right?

Glad you've got your IUI plan in place, Hope you have a fantastic christmas and new year!

December 19th, 2012, 12:26 PM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen@FirsAve View Post
Sorry about your phonecall hun :hugs: that mustve been hard and ye I cant believe they made you have betas either?! especially since you probably had to pay for them right?
I'm actually lucky enough that in Canada, they don't make you pay for most blood work. So that's a perk!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search