Katie's TTC #1 Journey

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ah ye I forget that Canada is similar to the UK in healthcare in some respects. Thats something at least! (silver lining an all...!)

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

January 3rd, 2013, 05:42 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Yes I'm lucky that a lot is covered. It makes me appreciate living in Canada for sure. There is a province that actually covers IVF! (unfortunately not mine though!).

CD 18 - (? DPO)

I'm not tracking this cycle, so I'm not sure exactly where I am. I think I'm likely around 6 DPO, but I got the stomach flu the day I had EWCM so I'm not sure if my body delayed O'ing. Who knows. I'm enjoying not 'trying' this month though. After my failed IUI it's been great. I've done everything you're NOT supposed to do while TTC and I've loved it! Ha ha. Went in hot tubs, saunas, did quite a bit of holiday drinking, had lots of caffeine, didn't take my prolactin medication.... We BD'd quite a bit, so I guess there is a chance, but I'm not holding out hope

My holidays were pretty good, busy of course though! I guess that's what the holiday season is all about. Visiting and eating lots of food. Went back to my hometown for a few days to visit my family. My mom and her boyfriend just moved into a brand new house, so it was nice to see that. The stomach flu was a bit of a downer (I've never had one before - man was it nasty!), but it was gone in a couple days so that was good.

Other than that, not much is happening. When CD 1 comes around I'll be calling the nurse to book my next IUI. It'll be unmedicated again, because my RE can't see me until January 15th, and I can't change my protocol without talking to him first. I'm ok with that, I think it's worth giving it another try. Next one after that will be Clomid for sure though.

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

January 3rd, 2013, 07:31 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
After my failed IUI I did everything you were not supposed to do while ttc (including going on bcp ) and it was very freeing. Very sad, but freeing. I'm glad that you had a nice holiday! Hopefully you'll get your BFP this cycle, but if not hopefully your next IUI will take and you won't have to take clomid! GL and KUP!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

January 3rd, 2013, 07:58 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you're having some freedom right now. I hope the next IUI works!
January 3rd, 2013, 09:18 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I'll be praying the next IUI is a success! x
January 11th, 2013, 05:27 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
CD 2 - IUI#2

Here we go again! AF showed a bit early, which I'm ok with because it means I can move on to IUI#2. Of course a small part of me wished it would just happen over the holidays naturally, but I'm pretty realistic about things these days. Meeting with my RE on Tuesday to discuss the next IUI (and next steps etc.), and I have a long list of questions to ask him. DH and I were discussing last night what then plan would be if IUI#3 doesn't work (since we bought 3). He doesn't want to bother with anymore IUIs, he doesn't like the success rates. He just wants to fork over the money and do IVF. I'm ok with that, it's painful to think of having to spend that much money (i.e., no beach vacation for us this year!) but it will TOTALLY be worth it.

In non TTC news, I got a gym membership after years away. I actually couldn't workout, because I had some crazy AF cramps, but I'm excited to get back into shape again. I'm a thin person naturally, but man am I out of shape! I'm looking forward to feeling better again. I think it'll be good for TTC as well.

Looking forward to the weekend! It's been crazy at work.

I'll probably be MIA for a little while from JM. January 14th (Monday) was supposed to be my due date if I hadn't m/c, and I'm having a hard time with that, so I might try to distance myself for a little while. I don't want to miss any exciting news from Karin though - so I might check the grads journals now and again

January 11th, 2013, 06:50 AM
So sorry about your dd coming up. Take all the time that you need.

I agree with your DH, the success rate isn't great with IUI. We have to pay for IUI ourselves and with the low success rate and cysts that developed last time, added to the fact that IVF success rate is great, we thought IVF is the best option. I'll continue to update my journal detailing the process in case you need it, but hopefully IUI #2 will do the trick! GL and KUP!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

January 11th, 2013, 04:37 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Sorry, Katie I'll be thinking of you on Monday. Good luck with your IUI!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
January 16th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Hope Monday was okay for you.

Good luck with this IUI cycle. Hoping you'll get the BFP and not even have to worry about IUI #3 or IVF.
January 16th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope your due date went as well as could be. I hope this IUI works for you!
January 17th, 2013, 04:04 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Hope you're doing okay, Katie
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
January 22nd, 2013, 08:27 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Thanks everyone. DD came and went. I bought myself some flowers, had a little cry, thought about my bean, and that was it.

CD 13 - 1 DPIUI

So I had IUI#2 yesterday. It went well I think, DH's numbers were good. 94 million, 97% motility. Not as high a count as last time, but still a great number. They messed up our appointment times a little, so that was annoying, but other than that it went smoothly. I remembered to bring my iPod this time, so I listened to relaxing piano music while I was lying down afterwards. I felt about 100 times more relaxed than IUI#1, so hopefully that's a good sign. Appointment for b/w on the 7th, but will know before then because AF is due to arrive around the 5th.

I had an appointment with my RE last week as well. Wanted to talk about next steps, more testing I had read about etc. He wants us to try at least two Clomid IUIs before moving to IVF. Because diagnostically we are 'perfect', he thinks I can have success with IUI and would rather not move to IVF right away. He said "don't get me wrong - I get paid to do IVF" but he thinks if we can, IUI is a better option because it's cheaper, less invasive etc. So that's the plan now. 2 Clomid IUIs if this one doesn't work. However, he said that if my frustration level gets too high, we can move onto IVF after just 1. I like him that way. He gives his professional opinion, but still leaves it up to me.

Other than that, life goes on normally these days. SIL, BIL and nephew are coming to stay with us this weekend. It'll be fun to see the little guy, but this will be the first time I've seen SIL since she told me she was pregnant again. So that'll be hard but I'll do my best to just think happy thoughts for her.
Mom2JDub and Belita like this.

January 22nd, 2013, 08:58 AM
Yay on IUI #2! I'm glad that you felt more relaxed this time. That's great that you have such a supportive RE. Our RE encouraged us to make the best decision for us as well. GL this weekend. I totally get how you feel. My younger sister is pregnant with her second. It's rough, but I'm sure you'll do well this weekend. Soon it will be you, with a nice big bump!
Mom2JDub and Belita like this.

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

January 22nd, 2013, 09:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad the IUI went smoothly and that you felt more relaxed this time around. It sounds like you have a great RE and that he's giving you as much advice/information as possible so you and DH can make your own informed choice.

Oh and I hope your SIL's visit this weekend goes off without a hitch, i'll be thinking of you

January 22nd, 2013, 10:56 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholle ttc View Post
Soon it will be you, with a nice big bump!

Sounds like you have an awesome RE! Fingers crossed about this cycle.
February 6th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Thinking of you Katie! According to ff it looks like you are on CD 3. If so, I'm so sorry about your IUI. If you need anything, please feel free to pm me!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

February 7th, 2013, 10:06 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Thanks Nicholle Yup, IUI #2 was a bust, onto to #3. After that IVF. DH and I are tired of TTC so we want to bring out the big guns. My clinic has a few months waiting period till IVF so it might not be till the late spring.

I've kind of been trying to take a 'break' from thinking about TTC, hence my disappearance. I'm finding it easier to deal with things that way. I'm sure I'll be back in no time though I'm still silently stalking you though and keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!
Mom2JDub likes this.

February 7th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Thanks Katie! And I totally understand you wanting to take a break from ttcing and the boards. If IVF fails, I'll likely take a break from the boards as well.

Hopefully, IUI #3 is the charm and we'll see your BFP shortly!!!

Thanks again for all of the support!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

February 7th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry about IUI#2 Katie and I totally understand you needing to take a break.

Hopefully #3 will be lucky #3 for you and youll get a beautiful BFP!

February 14th, 2013, 02:25 PM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
CD 11 - Cancelled IUI#3

This was my first cycle on 50 mg of Clomid + IUI. I went in today for my ultrasound and bloodwork. There was only 1 big follicle in there ready to go, so the Clomid didn't do anything PLUS my endometrial lining was only at 4 mm (which is too low - they want at least a 7). So my IUI was cancelled The doctor gave me the option to continue if I want, but for $500 bucks I don't think it's worth it. He suggested that I cancel it and move onto Femara. I've heard lots of women on these boards using Femara, but apparently it's not accepted for treating for infertility in Canada. It's approved for use in cancer patients, and something for post-menopausal women. So I'll have to sign some sort of release form to use it. My appointment with my actual RE is on the 26th.

I was thinking, that maybe the Clomid didn't thin out my lining, maybe that's my problem to begin with? It might explain the infertility. I'm going to ask the RE if there are tests we can do to see if that's a factor, since I know that can be fixed.

Anyways, I'm pretty frustrated today. I was all geared up to have my IUI in the next few days, and now I have to wait another month. Grrrr. So much waiting.....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search