Katie's TTC #1 Journey

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2012, 10:16 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
I think it's time for me to start a journal!

For those who don't know me, I'm Katie (30) and DH and I have been TTC #1 since August 2011. We started getting checked out by an RE in the spring. I was told I have slightly elevated prolactin levels (and a polyp - but that's gone now) and am taking medication to manage the levels. Otherwise I seem to be ok. DH is fine, tests came back great. 'Unexplained infertility' it is! I had a missed miscarriage at 10.5 weeks in June 2012. It's been quite a journey so far and I've been so happy to have JM! It's been a sanity saver that's for sure! Hoping with all my heart I get my sticky bean soon

CD 3

After taking last cycle off because of an MRI I am actually excited to get back into tempting/OPKs. Imagine that! I thought I would be glad to have a break from it, but turns out not knowing what's going with your body is worse for me. I think I'm going to try Robitussin for CM this cycle, I've heard quite a bit about it, and my CM situation is less than desirable so hopefully that'll help.

I have a meeting with my RE on the 19th to discuss the results of my MRI, but also to talk about 'next steps'. DH and I have decided we're ready to move onto IUI (unmedicated to start - because I always seem to ovulate without any problems and we'd rather not have multiples) next month so I'm going to try and convince my RE it's time Hopefully he agrees. We're the ones paying for it so hopefully it won't be a hard sell

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

October 4th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Yay!!!! You started a journal!!!!

It took me a year to start a journal too!

Hopefully your RE will give you the go ahead for an IUI. I've never heard of an unmedicated one....Either way, I hope it gets you your BFP!

I'll be journal stalking!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

October 4th, 2012, 05:44 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
for starting a journal!
October 7th, 2012, 06:28 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
I know my doc won't do IUIs unmedicated, but I have known other people who did them. If they do want to use medication, ask about Femara rather than Clomid. It has a lower mutiples risk.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
October 9th, 2012, 05:16 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Thanks guys Jenny - yeah I had read that some docs won't do them, so I'm not even sure if it will be an option in our case. Thanks for the tip on Femara.

CD 8

Happy (belated) Canadian Thanksgiving!!!!!!

I had a super super busy weekend, and now I'm sick with a head cold . I always seem to have bad timing getting sick right before I ovulate. I had a wedding to go to this weekend, plus hosting out of town guests, plus had some family get togethers. It's been a busy one. I'm at work today, but thinking I'll likely end up going home early and sleeping for a few hours.

I forgot to mention that I'm trying acupunture this cycle again. I had started it last cycle, but since we weren't trying, it was mostly just to get used to it. The place I'm going specializes in fertility acupunture, so that's pretty great. They also work in conjunction with my fertility clinic where my RE is, they offer it for IVF patients (right before retrieval I think). I've heard so many good things about acupuncture, I hope it works! I have a few appointments before I O, and then they 'let you be' after that.

October 9th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Good luck with the acupuncture and continue to let us know how it goes! I think I will look into that before IUI and/or IVF!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

October 12th, 2012, 06:32 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
CD 11

So I got an almost positive OPK last night, so fingers crossed I get a good one tonight and don't miss my surge (it sometimes happens with me). No O pain yet, which is odd, but I didn't get any last month either so maybe it's something to do with acupuncture.

Speaking of which, I have my last acupuncture session of this cycle tonight. I'm finding them more relaxing and less uncomfortable now that I'm getting used to it I think. There are still points where it's sensitive and a bit sore, but all in all, it's much better. This cycle they have been attaching the needles up to a device that sends electronic current through the needles and keeps them vibrating for the whole time they are in (25 mins). It's a strange feeling, like a pulsating. Hopefully it works though!

In non TTC news, I'm really excited for a weekend without too many obligations. We've had a busy summer with weddings and other events, and this weekend we just have to ourselves! Of course that means there are a ton of errands we want to get done, but at least we can pick and choose and do it on our own time. We are also going to go for a hike to the trail place where DH proposed, since the fall colours are at their peak right now, and it will be nice to celebrate our proposal-anniversary
Nicholle ttc likes this.

October 12th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thats great about the acupuncture, its something i've half considered but im not a big fan of needles so im not sure whether id go for it or beable to sit there for that length of time.

I hope you get your positive OPK this cycle

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

October 12th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Glad you are enjoying accupuncture! I hope you get some good BDing this weekend, so you catch that egg!!!!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

October 12th, 2012, 08:36 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I love those weekends of nothing! We aren't there yet, we've been going strong since summer, but after next weekend, we will be! Enjoy every minute!
October 12th, 2012, 09:45 AM
wastcougr's Avatar Adopting One of Each!
Yay for starting a journal!

I've never done acupuncture, but it sounds interesting. Of course, being a type 1 diabetic for 25+ years, I'm pretty sick of needles, but I've heard so many good things about it. I'm curious how it works for you and Jessica. KUP, of course.

Yay for lazy weekends, as well. DH and I have some errands to run as well, but otherwise a pretty low-key couple of days for us, too.

-Christi
October 17th, 2012, 08:06 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
CD 16 (3/4 DPO)

So my weekend of nothing turned into a weekend of errands. I knew that was going to happen, but at least I got to sleep in a bit AND DH, the doggies, and I got to go on an awesome hike to see the fall colours. We went to this 'waterfall' (it's only a waterfall in the spring) and the dogs got to explore about. They are terriers, and love that sort of thing. They didn't want to leave

I never ended up getting a positive OPK, but it was super close on Friday and I had strong O pains and I did have a temp rise on Monday/Tuesday, so I tweaked with FF a little to get an O date. It's either Saturday or Sunday. It doesn't really matter, I just like to know when AF is due to arrive.

I have an RE appointment tomorrow afternoon and am super excited about it. ). I get to find out the results of my MRI (if I have a tumour in my pituitary gland - they can cause elevated prolactin levels). and 2) My RE wanted to wait until December to talk about 'next steps' but I am going to tell him that DH and I want to move on to IUI now! So yeah, super excited. It's strange that I'm not at all nervous about the MRI results, just looking forward to moving forward with MA. Ha ha.

October 17th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Good luck at tomorrow's RE appt!!! Everybody is going to RE's aren't they! Hopefully we'll all get our BFPs very soon because of it!!!! And it goes without saying, but definitely let us know how it went!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

October 17th, 2012, 10:19 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Sounds like you went on a nice hike. This time of year is good for that stuff!

Good luck tomorrow!!!
October 18th, 2012, 04:55 PM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
CD 17 (4/5 DPO)

So I had my RE's appointment this afternoon. It went fairly well. Got the results of my MRI - turns out I do have something in my pituitary gland. It's called a "pars intermedia cyst". My RE didn't know much about it (and admitted that, since he's an RE and not a neurologist), but he didn't seem concerned at all. It does explain why my prolactin levels are high though. He's going to do some more research on it, and call me if anything serious comes up. I'm not too worried about it. I can always get it sorted out AFTER I have a baby if need be. Priorities

I asked him about next steps and he said he'd like to give it a few more months, but I told him DH and I are ready to move onto something more aggressive. He was fine with that, and we talked about the different IUI options (with Clomid, injectables etc.). They do unmedicated IUIs at my clinic, which is great news. However, there are a few more panels of blood work that DH and I need to get done before we go forward with the IUI (HIV, Hepatitis, etc.) and DH has to go for another SA (his last one was March, but apparently they want a more recent one if you're going to do IUI). So, the ball is rolling! I was hoping to be able to get started next cycle, but 10 days really isn't enough to get all this done and results back etc. So one more month doing things the old fashioned way. I was a bit disappointed about this, but in the grand scheme of things it's not bad. I'll meet with my RE in a couple weeks to talk about all the test results, and do the consent signing, and pay the bill (eugh!) and then we'll get going! We're going to start with an unmedicated (likely with HCG trigger) IUI and then go from there. My RE likes to be cautious because of the risk of multiples which I am a fan of 100%.

I also took the rest of the afternoon off and took the dogs for a nice long walk in the off-leash park, and had a nice nap on the couch. It's pretty awesome only working half a day - I could get used to that!

Phew - that turned into an essay. Thanks for anyone who read it to the end!!

October 19th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Katie, I'm so glad that your RE appt went well and that he's given you the green-light for IUI (even though you have to wait a month ). Hopefully the pars intermedia cyst is something that you can address after you give birth!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

October 20th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Great update about your appointment Katie, i'm glad your RE is on board with moving forward, one cycle to wait will go quickly by the time youve both had your tests done etc. so excited for you!!

Im hoping to go give my doc a similar kick up the bum at my next appt but we shall see!

October 22nd, 2012, 07:44 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Thanks ladies

CD 21 (8/9 DPO)

I really try not to let myself notice IPS, but it's hard! My BBs have been quite sore the past week, and that happens a lot with me after I O, so it's not big deal, but there is also this little voice in my head that's telling me they are sore in a 'different way'. I tell the voice to shut it . Last night I was feeling nauseous in bed and DH was like 'what kind of nauseous??? ' and I said 'NOPE - we're not doing that'. Ha ha.

So since I'm not allowed to talk abotu IPS, there's really nothing much to report. Had a busy weekend getting stuff around the house/yard done, visiting with friends, had in-laws over for dinner on Sunday for MIL's birthday (had yummy chinese food and cake!). We're dog sitting for them starting tomorrow, so we'll have 3 dogs for 3 weeks. It'll be busy!!!

October 22nd, 2012, 08:39 AM
Have a great week Katie! I hope the week flies by! GL and

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

October 22nd, 2012, 11:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
3 dogs for 3 weeks...definately sounds like chaos lol! Have they all met and spent time together before?

GL with the IPS, I hope the rest of your 2ww goes quickly!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search