Ashley's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree235Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2013, 01:52 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
Thinking of you! I hope you're doing ok...<3
October 9th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, today is my first day at work and it is crazy. I am in pain and its the achey kind of pain. Not good.

I have some news that I thought I would share with everyone. Last month Joe and I were pregnant but due to all of the Xrays (<maybe), pain meds, muscle relaxers, etc. I miscarried at CD 37. It's ok and I am fine with it. I had a feeling and I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. I may think I want it now but this may not be what god wants for me and joe right now.

Post-Accident wise: I am doing ok. The nerves in my neck and back, along with some muscle damage is really doing a number on me. We are not TTA, but we are definitely having fun.

Weather-wise: I absolutely LOVE fall!!! I have bought a few pairs of knee high boots this year and the outfits are gorgeous, comfy and sensible. My friend and I are planning a "Welcome Fall" party. I am excited!

Married to my best friend

~*~**Proud Army Wife**~*~
October 9th, 2013, 04:15 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh Ashley I am so very sorry for your loss and all you have been through. I hope you heal quickly and your pain goes away very soon.

A welcome fall party sounds so wonderful. We are hoping to have a fall/pumpkin carving party soon. Sending positive vibes your way Ashley
AshleyO likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

October 10th, 2013, 05:06 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
I'm so sorry for your loss, Ashley. I'm sorry about the accident and that you are still having pain, too.

The fall party sounds really fun.
AshleyO likes this.
October 11th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you very much ladies. It just felt nice to be able to say it. I am oddly ok with it.

I am looking forward to having monday off. Yay for bank holidays!

October 23rd, 2013, 08:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Today ~ very interesting. So I am either 16DPO or 11 DPO. Thank FF!?!?! Gggrrrr...these blue dye tests are killing me. Keep getting actual (what I think) are false positives during the time limit. I bought 2 boxes the other day because they were so cheap and now I regret it. Talk about false hopes. I bought some wondfos that should be here on Friday so I will test again with those that evening if AF is still not here. I would love an answer either way.

October 24th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Feels like AF is coming. Some dull low pressure today that has me going to the bathroom every so often just to make sure she isn't coming before I can put a tampon in. Other signs of AF's impending presence making herself known ~ I am tired today, still feel like I am getting sick, still bloated, and all I want to do is sleep.

CM is still dry, CP has dropped low and it is firm.

On a Non-TTC note: Joe's packet for the army is all finished so he is going to do MEPS on Tuesday! Which means Monday night I will be sleeping alone. *sigh* I am so proud of him for chasing his dream. I am a little nervous though of possibly being pregnant while he is gone to basic. I would rather be pregnant while he is gone than actually having to go through childbirth and having a newborn while he is gone.

Weight Loss Journey

Total inches lost: 14 3/4in.

Weight: 185.4 ~ 5 pounds down!

I have lost 2 pant sizes so far!

October 24th, 2013, 12:12 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
I'm sorry to hear about the miscarriage Ashley... but congrats on the weight loss!!!!
AshleyO likes this.
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew and Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel and Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d,Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d,Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d,Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, PCOS, Insulin resistant.
150mcg Synthyroid, 500mg Metformin (aiming for 1500mg)
October 24th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Ashley! I am proud of you for all of your weight loss! Very very inspiring!

October 30th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I am forgetting that I had another loss last month. I just expected it to go back to normal. On CD 42 now with AF not in sight. I don't even know if I Oed. At this point I think I am going to give up. Maybe I really need to focus on me. My doctor keeps telling me that losing some weight will drastically increase my chances. I am thinking I got to excited this month. I need to step back from it again.

On non-TTC news~ DH did fantastic on his MEPS testing! He is hoping to enlist next week. I am scared, proud, happy, nervous, and pretty much everything under the sun about this. It is a huge life changing decision. I just hope it doesn't drive a wedge between us.

October 30th, 2013, 12:15 PM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ashley I'm so sorry..........I didn't get a chance to read up on your diary until just now. Its never easy dealing with a loss, but you are handling everything with such grace. You've been through so much in the last couple months.

If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here!
AshleyO likes this.
Cautiously Expecting #1

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
October 30th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Kelly! You have been through a bit too little miss! That's why I am so glad that I have all of you.

October 31st, 2013, 06:37 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
I think I am forgetting that I had another loss last month. I just expected it to go back to normal.
I am so sorry Ashley - I keep doing that too I think taking some "me time" is a great idea. I know it is hard and I never actually do it but I always wish I could. It is really hard not to get excited every cycle.

Congrats to your DH that is really great! Big life changes are always scary and I hope this is a wonderful one for your family.
AshleyO likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

October 31st, 2013, 11:59 AM

I'm so proud of you for your weight loss!!!
AshleyO likes this.
November 1st, 2013, 08:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay! AF finally came today! SO happy just to have a sign of something, even if it's not a BFP.

November 2nd, 2013, 04:13 PM
I love you, Ashley!!!
AshleyO likes this.
November 4th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Aw love you too Reba!

DH is hoping to hear back from the Army today. Fingers crossed that he swears in on Friday! He is so anxious and nervous it is pretty adorable <3

Weight Loss Countdown to 145:

Today: 183.4

November 4th, 2013, 09:42 AM
My fingers are crossed for your DH!!
AshleyO likes this.
November 4th, 2013, 12:02 PM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes! FX for your DH to hear some wonderful news!!

And congrats on the weightloss!!

I need to join that club too....I did so good two winters ago and lost a bunch of weight but its slowly but surely creeping back up on me. I suppose the fact that I'm sitting on the couch doing NOTHING has something to do with it! : / What are you doing to lose weight Ashley?
AshleyO likes this.
Cautiously Expecting #1

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
November 5th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Kelly! We are still waiting to hear back form his recruiter.

As far as weight loss goes...It has been an interesting journey this time around. I attribute most of those inches lost to hot yoga. I feel much less bloated since I started doing it. I also upped my water intake to pretty much right around 90 ounces a day. During the day for food, this is what I have switched to:

Breakfast: Protein shake and a piece of fruit or veggie with coffee

Snack: veggie with ff ranch dressing, just a little! piece of fruit, usually a small cut up green apple with a little of peanut butter and a stick of cheese

Lunch: Protein shake and some nuts and a piece of fruit

Snack: low fat string cheese and a veggie with some ranch and a protein, like nuts, peanut butter and a small piece of fruit

Dinner: I have cut out red meat almost completely. I eat red meat about only once a month. It has been hard but I seriously feel better. Portion wise: You should get 6 ounces of meat. Cut way back on starches and grains. If I have rice I measure 1/2 a cup and load up on veggies. Drinking about 4-6 ounces of water before dinner has helped me huge. I have been doing grilled chicken breast with 2 veggies and a side of potato or rice (mainly for DH).

Also, if I make tacos, I don't eat the tortilla. I make a taco bowl and focus on the veggies and protein. Cutting out as much processed foods as you can is the way to go. I thought people were crazy when they told me I needed to eat more to lose weight but they were definitely right.

Fish is good for you. I love shrimp as well. Eat alot of veggies. When it comes to losing weight think of it this way. our body will focus on burning sugar before fat so if you eat a ton of fruit vs. veggies you will not lose as fast. These are all things that I have learned recently and it is working!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search