Ashley's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree235Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, Ashley, I do not think you were out of line with what you said to her. Maybe it's exactly what she needed to hear! I hope that her behavior changes...

As for the sunlight thing... I'm so glad you saw the dermatologist!!! That is crazy, and I'm glad that it will go away and that you can treat it with sunscreen and steroid cream!

I also avoid lots of sunlight, and this summer I'll have to be even more careful. The headache meds I'm on will cause me not to sweat, and I'm prone to overheating as it is... so it's double bad! Here's to a sun-screened, big hatted, huge water-bottled summer for us!
AshleyO likes this.
April 9th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Nerd
Wow! What's very interesting is when I was talking with some international students in my department at school, they didn't have a word for "sun burn", but one of them actually described it as being "allergic to the sun". And then to hear that there is a way to be allergic to the sun!

I stay out of the sun because, like Reba, I am fair skinned. It doesn't take much for me to burn. My husband likes to kid me that if I drive enough my left arm (the arm closest to the window) will burn.
AshleyO and ImALittleTeaPot like this.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
April 10th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
I wouldn't be able to be around my sister either if she was having an abortion while I'm ttcing.

Wow, allergic to the sun! If it makes you feel any better, I can't be in the sun either. I've never tanned (super fair skin) and I've had cancer, so no sun for me. Glad to hear that this may go away in a few years.

on getting so many offers for your house! I'm guessing that you accepted the highest/best offer!!! When is the close date?

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

April 10th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! It always makes me feel better to know that I am not the only one that would say that. She called me again last night and I only answered because today is her bday. So I said happy early bday and she preceeded to tell me how she got drunk and feel out of a car and broke her wrist, but they don't have money for the abortion yet...GGGRRR!!!! Needless to say it was a VERY short conversation...

Nicholle I am very pleased to announce that we did accept an offer last night. The man that we are accepting the offer from had a very warm heart. He has cancer and told us he only has about 10-15 years left on him. He does a lot of missionary work and is involved with his church. I know for a fact that God led him to find our house. The devil may make things happen to take our house from us but God made sure that a decent and kind person will get it.

It was a bitter sweet thing last night to see Joe sign those papers and I am even tearing up now writing this but it is for the best. Because we are short selling it, the estimated time from of the close date is anywhere from 5 months to a year. So we still have a ways to go! As far as the skin goes, I will just have to wear flowing long sleeved shirts lol!

The flowy and thinner shirts seem to be in this year anyways so I will just have to go and stock up!

On the TTC side...I have had an excess of watery CM the last 2 days. To bad DH and I cannot BD right now. Ever since AF ended, like last month, tons of EWCM and watery CM. TTC has kind of been put on the back burner lately and I assume that it will for the next few months. We will see though.

Married to my best friend

~*~**Proud Army Wife**~*~
April 10th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

April 10th, 2013, 12:12 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
I'm sorry that your sister said more things to upset you. I think she's being very irresponsible. I don't blame you for not listening to her. I would not either. It's not something you need to hear. *HUGS*
AshleyO likes this.
April 11th, 2013, 12:50 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry you are really dealing with so much right now you are amazingly strong. I think you have handled your sister well. It is just a really tough situation I am not sure there is a better way to talk to her right now. I am glad yall were able to sell your house to a good person. I hope that will help to start alleviate some of your stresses.

Hang in there! You are really handling it all very well i think you are stronger than you know.

AshleyO likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

April 11th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Elle! It's extremely hard right now! I just feel numb. DH has had some issues lately so we haven't been able to BD. It's been about a month since we have BDed. I think that has something to do with my feeling numb. I think that I am confused on how to react to everything. I know that god will not give you anything you can't handle but I feel like I am about to break... I really don't know what else to say.

Thank you for thinking that I am strong. I sure don't feel like that right now, but it's good to hear.

April 11th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am also afraid that I will have another CP after last month...How strange to say that I will be excited and worried if I get my BFP!

April 11th, 2013, 05:19 PM
I'm so sorry that you haven't been able to BD for a month. I know that can be very stressful. I had to have a procedure done before we started TTC and we had to take 4 weeks off from DTD. DH was fine, but I was sad the whole time.
April 12th, 2013, 06:28 AM
TTC is so stressful and it is very normal to be nervous about it after what you have been through. I think many of us have felt that way and I am sorry it is something you have to go through.

I hope you are feeling better today!
AshleyO likes this.

April 12th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. Today I do feel a little bit better! It has been a rough last couple of weeks for me. Everytime I think about selling my house I break down in tears. (Just did, oh man!)

I went and renewed my gym membership yesterday, so that will be our new hobby. We have to quit playing pool here soon. We did the math and we are spending at least 200 a month on it.

On another sad and disgusting note lol, Joe and I owe 3000 in taxes because no one told us to claim married at the beginning of the year. We didn't claim marrie don our W4's until june....Blah!!

April 12th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Super Mommy to be
wow Ashley. I guess I'm behind on your journal. Hugs to you. Your having to deal with a lot! We're here for you!
AshleyO likes this.
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins
April 12th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Nerd
Ugh, Ashley. Life needs to cut y'all a break for a second! You are handling it really well. The house thing is no small matter. But it's on to bigger and better plans.

UGH taxes. I don't know when my husband plans to file ours. I'm nervous bc normally I take care of my own. That way I know they are correct. Plus the husband has back taxes that he owes. Ugh taxes.

Hang in there. You will get through this. And you and your husband will be a stronger couple for all that you survived.
AshleyO likes this.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
April 12th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Ashley!!!! So sorry about the taxes that is so hard!!!! I agree with Sam. you and your DH will have an even stronger relationship through all this.

Gym is a great new hobby!!! I am glad youa re feeling a bit better today. Hopefully you will be feeling better every day.

April 14th, 2013, 09:39 AM
I'm really sorry about the taxes. Tax time is so stressful, and it's the worst when you find out that you owe money. I really like getting it back instead. *lol*

Yay for renewing your gym membership!!!
April 16th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you ladies. Sorry I have been MIA lately. Been feeling kinda out of it. We finally got to BD and (sorry if TMI) it was epic! The last couple of days my CM has been creamy so I am wondering if I Oed? So maybe we might have caught the eggie, probably not though. I am NOT going to get my hopes up. Would it be awesome, yes. But I am not going to cry if it doesn't happen...maybe...

Still waiting to hear something from the house people. We got about 18 inches of snow out at the house! This isn't spring weather, this is the winter we were suppose to have, a little late though! DH and I went and got new workout bags, bought DH some protein powder and pre workout stuff. I got some new running shoes. They are my absolute favorite!!! Nike Flex is what they are called.

April 16th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Yay for new running shoes! And yay for epic BD!

I'm really sorry that you have been feeling out of it. I have, too. A lot has been going on. I hope that you feel better soon.

That's so crazy that you have snow! It's actually been spring-like here.
AshleyO likes this.
April 16th, 2013, 11:57 AM
This is a good update Epic BDing, new running shoes, and workout bags!!!

Fx crossed for you!!!!!
AshleyO likes this.

April 22nd, 2013, 09:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am finally back at work! Thank god. I was getting cabin fever. It is one thing that I am at home by choice but totally sucks when you are sick and bed ridden at home.

So the last week has been crazy as far as TTC. I believe that I Oed because my nipples hurt just to touch them and I haven't had my actual breasts hurt in years! Extremely tired yesterday too. Took an FRER last night and thought I saw a line, took it out and there was an if-ish line. Come back and hour later, it is a line with pink in it! I don't get excited because I know in the back of my head it is an evap line but I can't help myself but get a little excited...

POAS this am with another FRER.....BFN..ugh. I am done with pregnancy tests. I do have some WondFos coming though! So excited! Maybe it's just to early or maybe this isn't my month and we will just have to try again next month. Either way, DH said he loves us being back to TTC au naturale. He said it is more tantalizing lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search