Ashley's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree235Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2013, 11:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well ladies here it goes. I am a little nervous and excited to start keeping my journal. I am excited because I have lots of good thoughts and prayers from a lot of people but I am nervous in general. I am definitely a worrier. I haven't been on BC for about 5-6 years. So today is CD 9. Nothing out of the norm for me.

Doctor said I have to learn to control my stress because that is whats causing my 45 day cycles. If I cannot control it naturally I will have to get on some medication and I do not want do that! I did good last month, a normal 35 day cycle for me yay!

We have put the fertility blanket that Joe's grandma hand quilted for us per her orders

This month I am temping daily, using OPK's, checking CP and CM, taking prenatals and will be trying pineapple core after Oing. Fingers crossed that this will be our month and we will get a BFP!

I am trying to lose a couple pounds while TTC.
February 22nd, 2013, 11:28 AM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
Hi Ashley!

What are you trying for controlling stress? I have heard good things about exercise, yoga and acupuncture

Good luck!
AshleyO likes this.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

February 23rd, 2013, 09:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey there! Right now I am trying exercise. I used to love running so I am slowly getting back into that! Signed up to do a 5k in april so that should be fun!

We just found out last night that come mid this year we will have to short sale our home that I had planned on raising our children in so I am a little upset about that but it's all for the better.

I have been looking into some yoga! I heard its fun!
February 23rd, 2013, 12:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay for starting a journal Ashley! I found it really useful and a good stress/anxiety reliever to get my thoughts and worries out of my head and onto paper (so to speak..)

Im sorry to hear about your house, is there any chance you wont have to sell?

Are you using an app/website or paper form to track your temps? If your using fertility friend you should put a link to your chart in your siggie so we can stalk your chart!
AshleyO likes this.

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

February 24th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
to journalling! I'm so sorry about the stress! Working out (high impact cardio and jogging) helps me a lot. Also, deep breathing exercises and yoga. I've tried to do meditation, but I, like you are a bit too anxious for this one to stick!

I'm so sorry that you have to short-sell your house.

Hopefully this will be your cycle and you'll see a bfp very soon! GL and KUP!
AshleyO likes this.

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

February 25th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! That means alot to me that ya'll are on here calming me down so to speak. As for the house...I feel like it is a blessing in disguise. Right now we are house broke and it is killing us. When we move into something more affordable it will be better. This house has brought nothing but bad juju on us! Three weeks into purchasing it we were broken into and I walked in on them while being held at gunpoint.

Our house is about 1600 square feet, we have had 2500 dollar water bills last year, 1000 electricity bills, etc. I think that the house was built on bad land honestly. So we are going to put it on the market in April. This way we will have more room for expenses when we get pregnant with our little one!

On a different note. I have a good feeling about this month being our month. Joe's grandma died last year on March 1st, coincidentally Joe's other grandma found out we were TTC and made us put the Fertility Blanket on the bed also. So we shall see. I have been feeling kind of down lately about TTC. I know we haven't been trying for very long but I guess I assumed because I hadn't been on BC for so long that it would be easy and fast

How naive of me! Oh well. Everything happens for a reason and DH has been trying to find ways to get my mind off of TTC. I am pretty sure that it is working!
February 25th, 2013, 10:01 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow Ashley I am so sorry for all your house problems!! I can't believe you were robbed that must have been so scary I am glad no one was hurt!!!!

I started out the same way - thinking it would happen fast and then we couldnt even start trying for 6 months once I came off BCP. It is one of those things in life that you have no control over which makes everything so frustrating!!!

I hope this is your month and everything works out with the house!! A good distraction is always nice - glad DH is able to help you out!!!
AshleyO likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

February 25th, 2013, 12:40 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
Exercise is the best stress reliever, in my opinion!!!

I'm so sorry about the house situation. The robbery sounds terrifying. I hope that the robbers were caught and sent to jail. I hope that you and your DH are able to find a new house that you love.
AshleyO likes this.
February 25th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! I am temping but getting super frustrated because I don't understand my chart. I am going to try to post the link to my chart!
February 25th, 2013, 01:00 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yayyy post the link to your chart!!!! I love chart stalking

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

February 25th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't seem to upload the link right for my chart! HELP! lol
February 26th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Hey Ashley,

I so know what you mean about thinking that you would get pregnant right away. I thought the same thing. Most people in my family are fertile, so I thought, no problem, I'll be pregnant in 3 months, 6 months at the most. When I wasn't pregnant within the year, I was worried. Hopefully, that will not be the case with you and this will be your month! GL and KUP!
AshleyO likes this.

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

February 26th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Nicholle! I feel a little down this month with TTC. I have a lot of stuff going on so I have definitely not been obsessing over TTC like the last month!

Things going on right now, I am feeling very angry towards my SIL. With all the things wrong with her, I found out that she was trying to get pregnant all along!!
GGGRRR!! She has no job, barely got her GED, smokes pot all the time, doesn't have a reliable vehicle, her parents pay for everything, etc. Why does she get to have a baby and I don't?! I say things like this but then I just feel bad for feeling this way and I cry. Emotional much? Same thing with my sister. It's like they are twins in the same situation!

I am not a mean person at all. So it hurts me to feel this way but right now I can't let this go! I do believe and I try to remind myself that everything happens for a reason but in this situation it is hard! Then you have these women that are like oh i just had unprotected sex once and boom! What are the odds?!

Anyways, I didnt mean to rant but I needed to get that off my chest! All I want is to see two pink lines on a test! Oh well!
February 26th, 2013, 10:43 AM

Totally know how you feel!

AshleyO likes this.

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

February 26th, 2013, 11:30 AM
I completely understand how you feel. It's very frustrating that life isn't fair.
AshleyO likes this.
February 27th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well today is not a better day...I had some O pains yesterday along with EWCM. Not going to O yet but still. I need to bust out of this little sad cloud that I am hanging in! OPK's are getting darker so thats good. I have my written test for the sheriff's departmwnt this saturday so I am nervous.
February 27th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Nerd
Good luck with your test!
AshleyO likes this.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
February 27th, 2013, 05:14 PM
GL with your test, Ashley! I'm sure you will do well.

I know what you mean about being stuck in a sad little cloud. I struggle with depression/anxiety, and it can be very hard to feel better.
AshleyO likes this.
February 28th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Today was definitely a better day! Maybe I just needed a day off to relax?! Started yoga today, man that stuff is hard! Hoping to knock some pounds off quickly for TTC!

Talked with a Financial Advisor yesterday about the house and he agrees with the non profit org. thats helping us situate the predicament were in. He thinks we should sell the home and hopefully we might break even on the house. I want to start packing but I think it might upset DH. Quite honestly I might cry but we have a lot of stuff to sell and pack.

Got some more EWCM today I am pretty sure O is right around the corner! Trying to not get super excited but sometimes I can't help it! DH is crossing his fingers that this month is our month! He is absolutely adorable, I love him so much!
Nicholle ttc likes this.
February 28th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Yay about EWCM, yoga and your awesome DH! Get to bding!
AshleyO likes this.

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2