Jeralynn's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree22Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks, ladies! Today I'm just going to see my regular doctor... I called back for a recommendation on which OBGYN to go to, and when I told a different nurse what was going on, she said that my dr would be a good first stop. So that's what I'll do. If nothing else, I need to get some blood tests ran before I go back for my neurology check-up next month.
May 6th, 2013, 01:07 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
How did your appt go?
May 6th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It went well... Dr. tested for Vitamin A and a whole slew of thyroid things (T3, T4, thyroglobulin, and something else that I don't remember...) that she and my neurologist are interested to see if they are connected to the headaches I was getting.

On the conception front: she's not too worried about this cycle being abnormal. Especially after we talked about all the thought I was giving it and the accident, and the apparent lack of ovulation. She recommended an OB/GYN and we decided that we'll see how this cycle goes and in the mean time, I'll schedule a pap for late June/early July. That way, I'll have been off BCP for 6 full cycles and hopefully we can see if I ovulate this month or not. That way when I go to the obgyn, I have some more solid info.

DH also had his check-up today. He's on an anti-anxiety med that we realized can cause low sperm count/mobility. After talking with his doctor about what we're doing on my end of things, he thought it might be worthwhile to go ahead and do a SA just to check things out. That way if things are abnormal, DH can ween off anti-anxiety meds this summer when things are super low-stress.

So, we have the SA kit, and DH's doctor said that we're in no rush to get it done -- just do it whenever things are feelin' good. Let me tell you... it was SUPER awkward to listen to two men discuss sperm. It's like the Dr wanted to use proper terminology, but mix in slang, and it was just weird... and humorous!

So aside from massive cramping tonight (which I'm trying SOOO hard to not complain about and be glad that I've started and I'm no longer in AF-limbo), I feel really good about this cycle. If nothing happens, next month, we'll go to the pros and get more advice. If something happens, then yay! Right?

In other news: 6.5 days left of school, my graduation crafts are going super well, all of our herb planters have herbs in them, and our garden has a fence! And our chicks spent their first full night in the coop (outside) last night... they lived! YAY!!!
May 6th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Super Mommy
Hooray, sounds like a game plan. Good luck this cycle!

Sounds like you've got a good doc to work with you.

Woo, you can check out Amy's crazy temps right here.
May 7th, 2013, 07:05 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a great plan!! So glad that your doctors are cooperating and being proactive.

yayy for the end of school being near!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

May 7th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
to Elle! My thoughts exactly!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

May 7th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you both have good doctors - makes a massive difference when TTC i think! great plans too, I hope DH is able to get his SA done without any hassle

Not too much school left now!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

May 11th, 2013, 01:50 PM
I'm sorry that the cramps were bad. How are you feeling now?
May 11th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Reba, I'm feeling GREAT now! Cramps were bad the first two days. It's CD 6 now and AF is gone (hopefully for awhile!).

I'm so excited for this cycle! DH & I are morning people... if ya know what I mean... and with summer vacation just around the corner, our chances to BD on our terms will be greatly increased! I can't wait... plus, taking OPK's will be easier when I'm at home more often!

Oh, and not having to work, but still getting paid... BONUS! (DH is on a 12 month pay schedule, so we'll only be short my sub pay which won't affect our monthly bills or anything.)

Today was a crazy day!!! I was up by 7:30, watered the plants, took care of the chicks, and worked out before DH was up. Then we hung out for a bit before getting ready to start our graduation party-hopping adventure! We had two parties for kiddos who I coached last year -- they live an hour away, so it was a bit of a rush to stop and spend adequate time with each and still get back home by 2 for our graduation ceremony.

The ceremony was lovely. It was small, quaint, and very personal. You can do that when your graduating class is only 15! I cried... because I'm super emotional like that. Then we went to 5 more parties for 7 more students. We ate way too much pulled pork, roast beef, chicken wings, cake, cupcakes, and punch. But... it was worth it. We had so many wonderful conversations, had so many students and parents thank US for being great teachers (which is quite the esteem booster, let me tell you...), and were able to acquaint ourselves with some VERY rural roads!

We left home at 11 AM and returned at 8 PM -- full, tired, and satisfied that we're sending these young men and women into the world with the preparation they need.

Tomorrow... we sleep in! Then garden.

My weight has been at a stand-still the last few weeks - which is better than a gain! So this week, I'm starting a 7 day Just Dance challenge. It sure had me sweating this morning! I hope it's the start of getting into a good exercise routine.

Ok... DH is fast asleep on the couch. I think I'm going to snuggle up beside him and do the same.
May 12th, 2013, 11:48 AM
I'm glad you are feeling better! And I'm glad that you had a good time at the graduation parties.
May 13th, 2013, 06:35 AM
That sounds like a really fun weekend!! So glad you are feeling great - I love to hear that

Hope you guys had a wonderful and relaxing Sunday in the garden!

May 13th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
TEST RESULTS came back today............................................. ........................

.................................................. .....................everything was normal.

Which is good. But it means when I go to the neurologist, he's going to have no idea what is causing my headaches. If we can't fix those, we keep treating the symptoms with the pills. I've lost 12 lbs, but can't seem to lose anymore. It's frustrating.

But on the positive side of things, nothing is wrong with my thyroid. My vitamin A levels are good. So that's good. Even if it puts us back at square 1 with my brain.

I just hope that my OB and my neurologist get along... when I get pregnant, I'm going to need them to be a team. I'm so scared that the hormone changes that come with pregnancy will reek havoc on my poor, fragile brain.
May 13th, 2013, 01:27 PM
I am so glad all your results are normal!!! I know that doesn't help much with the curing your headaches area. . . My sister has the same problems with terrible migrains and she has tried everything from medicines, quitting caffeine and sugar, and massage and acupuncture. Still no answers So I know how frustrating that is!

Maybe the pregnancy hormones will be the magic kick your body needs to kick the headaches. . . wishful thinking but you never know

May 15th, 2013, 01:09 PM
I'm glad the tests results were normal.
May 20th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Waiting to O is making me anxious. At least I feel that I WILL O this month.

DH & I bought tons of fresh fruits and veggies this weekend in an attempt to jump start our healthy eating. I got it all cut up today, and I have a good feeling about it!

Jumping back into exercising has been hard. I'm going to come up with a written plan. I think that will help me stick to a schedule. I mean, without school, I have no excuse, ya know?!

I did pull out a tote of spring/summer clothes and some cute tops that fit me two summers ago (but not last summer) are fitting again! My favorite pair of shorts that I couldn't even BUTTON last summer will zip and button -- but are still a little snug. My goal is for them to fit/be too big by the end of summer!

Losing the first 10 lbs was so easy... this next 10 lbs is going to require work. But I think I'm finally ready to COMMIT!!!
May 20th, 2013, 02:35 PM
on the weight loss! That is awesome. I'm just throwing this out there; but weight watchers really worked for me. I have lost 45 lbs since joining the program. I would still like to lose at least another 5 lbs, maybe even 10 lbs; but seriously it worked. You should be so proud, you are already taking the right steps! Congratulations again! XO

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

May 20th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've thought about WW online. But here's my thing... and help me out if you know... I'm worried that I'll start it, lose the weight, then stop and gain it all back. I want to make sure that even if I lose the weight at a snails pace that it's because I'm making lifestyle changes that will STICK... ya know???

Any advice?
May 20th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Nerd
Here comes the gym instructor to ask: are you a member of a gym with classes? I highly recommend trying some group exercise classes. They are really motivating and will introduce you to others who may inspire you and hold you accountable.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
May 21st, 2013, 01:59 AM
Congratulations on the weight loss!! I like Sam's suggestion about the gym.
May 21st, 2013, 05:25 AM
With ww online, you really don't stop. Once you reach maintenance (your goal weight), you continue to track, your weight, your food, your exercise, etc... It really is a lifestyle change. I also agree with Ashley. I love working out, it really does feel so good! Find a workout routine/class that you like and go with friends. If that's too much, too soon, just walk. Right now, as I'm still healing, I can't really work out like I used to, so I'm just walking at a moderate/fast pace for an hour a day. GL in whatever you choose and definitely KUP!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot