Jeralynn's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree22Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2013, 05:20 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
You are doing such a great job Jeralynn on the ww program! Purchasing healthy foods is a great first step in the program. I've noticed since joining ww that my diet has changed. I eat a ton of fruits and vegetables and lean meats. I've cut out a lot of fats and processed foods as well; but I still go out to eat at least once a week and eat whatever I want when I do (using the 49 points). Keep with it and you'll see amazing results!

I'm so hoping that you O'd and that this cycle is it for you! GL and KUP!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

May 31st, 2013, 07:13 AM
Super Mommy
Good job on getting WW friendly foods at the store!! Having good food in the house really makes the whole process a lot easier.

I would encourage you to try a lot of different things and find both snacks and desserts that are low on points and very satisfying for you. Having something like that to fall back on is nice for those hard days. For instance, I get these mini snickers ice cream bars which are only three points. If I want to be "bad" I have one of these so even if I don't have points left for the day, I am only using three of my weekly points.
Nicholle ttc likes this.

May 31st, 2013, 08:26 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so glad you guys had a good mini vacation sounds wonderful and yayyy for O!! Especially on a mini vacation that is extra fun

You are doing so great keeping up the WW! Just having healthy food around the house is so helpful!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

June 2nd, 2013, 10:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like the WW is going great. Food shopping when I first started out was a chore but I found it definately gets easier as I got more familiar with the points of everything. One of my fav go-to treats is a curly wurly!

I'm jealous of your mini vacation, sounds perfect!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

June 2nd, 2013, 12:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the WW support, ladies!!! This weekend has been ROUGH! Here are all of the things that I keep begging DH for. (Thankfully, the closest grocery store is 20 minutes away or I'm sure I would have caved and fulfilled some of these cravings yesterday!)

Donuts (asked for them CONSTANTLY yesterday morning), Reese's, No Bake Cookies, these cookie bars made with chocolate chips, reese's, peanut butter, and sweetened condensed milk. (oi!)

I ended up having the following: A snack-pack pudding (3 points) with a dollop of fat-free cool whip, a few hours later DH made rice krispy treats (2 points), and before bed I caved and had 1 tablespoons of chocolate chips (2 points). So while 7 points went to chocolatey/nummy treats, at least I didn't cave in too badly! Right?

Headache news: I go in on Wednesday for my 4 month check with the neurologist. My guess is that I'll pay the co-pay for him to say that he likes where I'm at and that I'm not having any headaches. I've lost a good 15 lbs since the spinal tap, so he'll say to keep working on losing weight or getting pregnant before we try to go off the topamax since it's working. And... I'm okay with that.

TTC News: This next week needs to speed by. I hope I can find something to keep me super busy so that I don't think about POAS constantly. I have mixed feelings this cycle... I think it's the best chance we've had so far, but I know I'm overanalyzing all the symptoms that I have and so I'm probably not pregnant. Who knows?!?!

Other news: Yesterday we were asked to direct a children's play in our little town, so we have that to try to get started. I have no more details to share or else I would... we have a community meeting to attend on Monday to hopefully get more information.

Oh, and our anniversary is on Tuesday!!! We have no plans yet. And probably won't until Tuesday morning. That's kind of our style... What did you get your DH for your 2 yr anniversary???
June 3rd, 2013, 05:18 AM
Considering your cravings and the fact that you are in the dreaded tww, you did great on ww! You should be so proud!

Directing a play, that should be fun! Can't wait to hear more about it!

GL at the neurologists office and happy early anniversary!!!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

June 3rd, 2013, 08:39 AM
Super Mommy
Happy anniversary!!

Way to go on the WW stuff. It sounds like you are doing a great job. Just be patient with yourself and keep your focus and you will succeed!!

June 3rd, 2013, 09:02 AM
You are doing so great!!!! I hope everything goes well at the neurologist and that the next week passes quickly for you!! Fx for you!!! Will you be testing or waiting till AF is supposed to show?

Happy early anniversary!!!

June 6th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Nerd
Jeralynn....when are you testing???
June 6th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Saturday!
momology likes this.
June 6th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Neuro update: The appointment went well! The nurse was so proud of my weight loss and told me that she's done weight watchers for the last two years and loves it -- she said it may get hard but to keep up the good work. She also made sure the neurologist said something about it. (I know because he came in and said "My nurse told me to congratulate you on the weight loss!")

Anyway, the plan is to stay at the low dose of the meds for now. He said that since this dose is working now and has worked the last 4 months, that it should work the next 50 years if I have to stay on it that long. It does such a great job of keeping the spinal fluid in check that we shouldn't have to worry about every having to up the dose unless 1)the headaches come back, 2)my eyesight starts to get blurry, 3)I start getting ridiculously clumsy.

As for pregnancy, he said that by the time I go to an OBGYN (which he recommended a few that he's worked well with), if we make a plan that involves any MA that he wants to ween me off 2 months prior. If in the mean time I become pregnant, he said that we'll still be OK, we'll just have to ween me as soon as I know.

He did say that the greatest risk we take is a baby developing cleft lip/palate, and while he feels that it would be a quick fix and is not the worst birth defect out there, he'd like to prevent it if possible. He recommended that I up my dose of folic acid from 8 mcg/day to at least 1,000 mcg/day until I become pregnant and then he'd even like to see me go up to 4,000 mcg/day. (this is if we get pregnant before weening me off of the meds.)

I seriously got lucky with this doctor... he is a great fit for me. With my crazy diagnosis of Intercranial Hypertension, there is no known cause. The only known fixes are medication and surgery. I'm so lucky that he's not insisting on surgery right away. And that he's so willing to accommodate me during a pregnancy since one of my biggest fears has always been my headaches. I know that if I'm not medicated I will be miserable!!!

TTC News: Testing on Saturday, by then I'll be 12 DPO. Hopefully I'll get something because my sister will be staying with us on Saturday night and then Sunday we'll go to a birthday party then leave directly for the in-laws. I'm getting so excited for our Chicago trip! But would really like to not have AF show up while we're there... I'd much rather just be pregnant...
remisue16 likes this.
June 7th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Your neurologist sounds great! Glad that you like him. Hopefully the headaches won't be miserable when you are pregnant. A lot of times our body changes during pregnancy, but your headaches won't be as bad as you think.

GL tomorrow! I hope that you are pregnant for your Chicago trip as well!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

June 7th, 2013, 06:46 AM
That sounds like an amazing doctor!!! I am so glad he is willing to work with you on everything and that he is a great fit - I feel like that is so rare these days.

I cant wait for tomorrow please KUP when you test I know I will be coming by to check on you!!! Fx for you Jeralynn!!!!!!

June 7th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Is it possible to get evap lines on like... 5 different tests??
June 7th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Possible, but not probable.

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

June 7th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you had a great neurologist appt, he sounds really supportive. And its great that he and the nurse congratulated you on your weight loss!

and erm..the tests.. we are anxiously wanting to see the pics on the thread on the main board - the links are password protected!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

June 7th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Since we got such mixed results today, I called my doctors office. I'm honestly petrified at the moment. Given that just YESTERDAY we spoke to the neurologist about the plan for weening off topamax, and the fact that we are going out of town for a week, and that Sunday will be CD35 (making it 5 weeks from the start of my last period)... I just freaked.

The nurse said that my doctor is out and only she can order a blood test for me. I could go in today and get a urine test done, but I was so peed out by that point that we decided that this would be the plan of action: test again Saturday and Sunday (if necessary), if no AF by Monday morning call and the nurse will ask the Dr to request a blood test first thing. That way we can get one done before we leave for Chicago. That way, if I need to start weening myself, I can. (I'm at 50 mg now, I'll take 25 mg for a week and then be done... it'll be rough... ) I did check and if this is all actually happening, we have some time before the mouth starts forming, so hopefully we can avoid cleft palate/lip...

I don't know. I'm terrified. I don't think this is real. I just feel like I'm going to wake up tomorrow and get stark white negatives and AF will show and that will be that... The other part of me thinks "OMG!" DH is a wreck -- really withdrawn and more quiet than usual. He told me that he doesn't know at what point this will all seem real to him. I told him that if we keep seeing lines, no matter if they get darker nor not, it means SOMETHING. I think that helped?

I've felt nauseated all day. I think it's because I've been too nervous to eat. I'm way under my points today, but I just know if I eat, I'll puke.

Ok. I'm going to go watch a show before I go to bed. Wake up and test. (DH had us get two more brands today... so I'll be posting like 5 tests for you to see in the morning.)

I just want to say, no matter what happens, that I'm so grateful to have found you ladies. You have been such a source of inspiration, strength, and knowledge for me the last three months. I pray every night that you get your BFPs soon -- I know you will all make great, caring, loving mothers.
June 9th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The only tests I have in the house today are wondfos... and of those, I only have one batch left! I took some and the line was so faint! I'm trying not to panic because this was the batch that have had lighter lines the whole time.

I just need it to be tomorrow so that I can go to the doctor and do a test there. Maybe hearing it from a professional will make me feel better?

I know this for sure: My boobs are killing me. PMS never causes them to hurt THIS bad!

And in packing for Chicago... do I take pads/tampons just in case??? It seems so pessimistic, yet realistic at the same time.

One cute thing -- Yesterday I did laundry.
DH - "I'm so proud of you for getting all this done!"
Me - "It was no big deal... just laundry"
DH - "Yeah, but you were multi-tasking!"
Me - "No... I pretty much only focused on that..."
DH - "Well, now no matter what, you're multi-tasking!"
momology likes this.
June 9th, 2013, 01:26 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
I would take pads and tampons just in case, but hopefully you won't need them!!
June 9th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Super Mommy
Awwwww. I hope you have a good trip! I am looking forward to seeing an update on the Dr's appointment. Hope everything is looking good!

Woo, you can check out Amy's crazy temps right here.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search