Sara's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Nerd
Yay for a birthday! My husband got blue around his 30th birthday, too. I am not sure any of us are where we THOUGHT we would be.

I so understand the family drama, by the way. I hope it's been a little more quiet for you lately.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
May 28th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Super Mommy
Well, sometime in the next 9 days I should be ovulating. In March I ovulated around day 17-18. In April, I ovulated around day 24. So now I am CD 16 today. I am trying not to make it a "must do" for conception reasons, but DH seems to be forgetting what the doctor and I told him about ovulation and conception. Last night he's like "I thought you are ovulating this weekend". I am expected to ovulate anywhere from the 29th through the 6th. We have to DTD BEFORE that. Sheesh. Men can be DENSE. I think I should have him complete all the FF lessons so he can understand the concept better. Last night we were both too tired to DTD, not to mention in my head I am thinking "I can't on Thursday, so maybe we should tonight, Wednesday, and Friday". WHAT?!

Sometimes I wish I didn't have the previous miscarriages and medical issues. I wish I were one of those women where the husband even thinks baby when walking past me, I get pregnant. LOL. It would make this all a lot less stressful. I really didn't want to be the wife tapping her foot, pointing to a calendar and saying "impregnate me here **points to date on calendar**, here **points to another date on calendar**, and here **points to yet another date on calendar**. Not to mention, when DH wasn't too interested last night, I sit and question whether it's because he's tired or because he really doesn't want to get me pregnant right now. No amount of discussion is convincing me that I am not pressuring him into this. What an awful feeling. He swears I am not, but I still can't get that into my head.

My birthday turned out well enough. Family drama was put on hold for a minute. I know my grandmother is not happy with me anymore by the fact that I got 1/5th of what I normally received for my bday. I'm so fortunate to have a family that is passive aggressive

This baby making thing is really taking the passion out of us and we haven't truly begun. I'm sure my family drama isn't helping any either.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

Last edited by sarav; May 28th, 2013 at 11:08 AM.
May 28th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Happy belated birthday!!!!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

May 29th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Super Mommy
I am sorry that things are so stressful right now! Maybe it would be less stressful if you just didn't include him in the details. Like just jump him when the time is right instead of telling him the time is right. Also, I just try to not to stress about it when DH tells me he isn't in the mood. It just isn't worth trying to force it and there isn't anything you can do about it so I try not to think about it.

May 29th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Super Mommy
Yesterday was a disaster. The family situation got much worse and it looks like we need to proceed with having my grandmother declared incompetent and getting custody of my aunt taken away. There were a lot of tears yesterday. This will be a battle. I now truly know how it feels to deal with a loved one who is losing their memory, but is aggressive and defensive at any suggestion of the sort. My grandmother is smart enough to know what's going on, just can't remember to pay bills, shouldn't be driving anymore, forgets conversations, and thinks it's normal to have accidents on the floor everywhere. OY VEY!

Despite all this... DH and I managed to DTD last night. It was a spontaneous jumping. I've always been prone to UTIs, so I am the girl that always gets up and goes to the bathroom after DTD. It was hard to lie on my back with my knees up to let gravity assist. DH and I joke that I am "marinating".

7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

May 29th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Nerd
Haha! I totally understand about marinating. I think laying on your back helps only mentally. I once got up to pee right away and husband surprised me by saying, "Hey! Don't waste it!"

I'm so so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I worked in assisted living for a while so I know how it goes. It's so hard on the family. Personality changes will come to your grandmother. As the brain deteriorates the filter goes first and elderly people can seem really rude. My heart breaks for you. Feel free to pour out your heart anytime about this matter.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
May 30th, 2013, 05:35 AM
So sorry about your family situation.

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

May 30th, 2013, 07:30 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry your family is going through all of that

I am prone to UTIs as well so I know exactly what you mean! My doctor had told me to always use the restroom immediately after DTD and now she says to lay there for 10 minutes. . . whatever works!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

May 30th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Super Mommy
Sorry about the difficult situation with your family.

I love that you use the term "marinating"!! I think I'm gonna have to steal it now.

May 31st, 2013, 03:03 PM
Super Mommy
DH and I dtd last night. Well timed cuz my first positive opk was just now. Planning some bd tonight and tomorrow for good measure. Already I am nervous about if I'll see my bfp this month, our first month trying.

Family drama is still going on. My grandmother keeps changing her mind on how she'll deal with all this: go back to MA with my aunt, go back and leave her here, now stay and get evaluated. My parents are handling it for now. I'm glad DH and I are getting some peace to try to get pregnant.

Btw,this was written on my brand-new kindle fire HD, thanks to DH, my parents and friends.

7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

June 1st, 2013, 06:38 PM
Super Mommy
DH was so cute today. He touched my belly and asked if I feel pregnant yet. What a sweet dork. I got the sharp ovulation pains on the left side and a very dark positive opk. DH says his balls are too sore to go for a 3rd night in a row, so hopefully we got things covered with bd last night, the night before and two nights before that. I sit here and dread the 2ww. I wonder if I would have the same early symptoms I had years ago when I got pregnant or not. I hope for father's day I can give DH a bfp.

My grandmother called me last night and today. She was confused about why I wouldn't allow her to withdraw a CD. Today she called to tell me I was right and have taken care of her financials well. It felt good to hear that. I hope things can get better for our family.

7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

June 2nd, 2013, 10:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother, I spend alot of time with people and their families who are dealing with alzeheimers / dementia or early memory loss like you describe, its always so hard on everyone early on, scary and confusing. Its sounds like you have a great family unit supporting eachother.

Yay for a positive OPK! I hope that you caught that eggie! Welcome to the 2ww!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

June 3rd, 2013, 08:14 AM
Super Mommy
Woohoo for well-timed DTD and positive OPK's!! FXed for you!

June 3rd, 2013, 09:27 AM
Fx that you caught that eggie!!! I hope the TWW passes quickly for you!

June 3rd, 2013, 09:28 AM

Hopefully you will get a belated birthday gift very soon!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

June 3rd, 2013, 09:57 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. I really hope I caught the egg too. The next couple of weeks are probably going to be pretty busy, which will help pass the time but wondering if I am pregnant is still constantly on my mind.

7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

June 3rd, 2013, 06:27 PM
Super Mommy
Ok, a friend of mine thought her new bf got her pregnant, despite her mirena. So last week she was talking about the names they discussed if she were pregnant. She told me their number one name for a girl... the same name DH and I decided on 18 months ago. I was furious! She knows about my miscarriages and how nervous I am about whether I can conceive or not. I told her our names a long time ago. I felt like she was trying to steal something sacred from me, like trying to steal our future moment.

Lately she has been an attention seeking drama queen, to the point where I barely want to be around her. Our friendship is getting old. I don't need drama from my friends. I have enough with family; family's blood.

Am I overreacting?

7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

June 4th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Super Mommy
I think that would definitely annoy me. But honestly, so many kids have the same names these days that I just wouldn't worry about it. Can you just put a little distance between the two of you until some of your feelings pass? That is what I have to do with those type of friends.

June 4th, 2013, 11:05 AM
That can be really frustrating I know how you feel. I think names are a super sensitive topic and one that really causes emotions to run high especially after a loss. I agree with Shandy - maybe take some time off from this friend. You dont need any added stress right now

June 7th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Super Mommy
6 DPO. I've had some extreme fatigue tonight causing some nausea. In my head I am hoping it means something. DH got a fortune cookie today that said "tomorrow your friend or partner will tell you some exciting news". Come on sore pregnant boobs! Show your ugly face!

7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search