Amy (Boolajoojoo) TTC#1

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Super Mommy
Nothin' much new to report but I felt like updating the journal, and keeping it alive. We haven't been pulling all the stops this cycle, just trying to take it easy and de-stress, so that's been nice. My vision started to go all crazy at work yesterday, I could barely see my computer screen, and I finally called DH and had him bring me home because I didn't think I could even see to drive. I thought about going to the ER but the crazy colors and "sparkly" effects I was seeing went away and turned into a terrible headache, so I guess it was a migraine, which I've never had one before.... I felt terrible for leaving work, I've only been at this job for 4 months, and I am starting to look like a real flake, I called off once because of cramps, and this is the second time I've left early for problems that came out of nowhere... :\

The upside was, despite the headache, DH and I got to DTD last night because I came back so early, and I THINK I am about to O!

Anyhow, that's all for me. Bleeh...

~Amy. Anxiously awaiting our first.
June 18th, 2013, 11:24 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is a really bad migraine! I have never had one so bad. Hope you are feeling better today!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

June 19th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep thats sounds like migraine Aura to me, I smell funny things (usually burnt toast) and really lose my hand/eye co-ordination, not fun at all. I'm glad you're feeling better

Thanks for checking in...

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

June 21st, 2013, 12:11 PM
Super Mommy
Soooo.... I am pretty sure I ovulated yesterday, based on today's temp and positive OPK on Wednesday.

However, on Wednesday, DH DTD solo during the day even though he KNEW what time it was, so he was unable to perform that night. I was pretty ticked. I don't even care if he does the other 3 weeks out of the month. I guess my bases are still covered, we BD'd a few times earlier in the week.

Not that it matters... cue major spotting last night. I needed a pad, it was like a light flow AF day. I HOPE I don't have another week of spotting and another 9 day LP like last cycle. I am so freaking fed up. If this table didn't weight 400 lbs I would have flipped it over by now.

Sorry, I am venting, I am in a pretty foul mood right now.

And since we're on that course already, I am so freaking sick of how smug pregnant ladies and new mothers can be. "When are you going to have kids? Oh bmeneeaoeiasdfasdfasdfjsmugsmugsmugsmug. Being a mother is THE most important job in the world."

I hope none of you ladies on TTC#1 are going to be like that. Whatever happened to modesty? Sure, kids are great, I don't know if being a MOTHER is the most important thing anyone could do. What about fathers? Need I mention that plenty of people can't have kids, or simply choose not to, and that does not make their contribution to society any less important. What about people who find cures for deadly diseases? What about people in the military or law enforcement who protect us every day? What about the person that makes my hamburger when I go out to eat. When I need a hamburger, the people making and serving that burger have the most important jobs in the world. Don't be smug.

June 21st, 2013, 04:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Urgh, sounds like you've had a rough day today hun

My DF wouldve been in big trouble had he done that too, at least you got your bases covered earlier in the week!

Has the spotting eased up any? I wonder if id happened from you Oing? I hope your LP goes better than last time around

June 24th, 2013, 07:19 AM
that does sound like a rough day. Hopefully the rest of your weekend went better. How are you feeling today? Spotting go away yet?

June 24th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Super Mommy
My digging on the internet says it's most likely from ovulation. The spotting finally stopped, but it went on for about 3 days. The sites I read on said things like "it could mean you're extra fertile" or that separation of the uterine lining happens because of hormones during ovulation, and a few other random things. The thing is, this never used to happen and it's very troubling... and I got to thinking of all of these different unlikely things that maybe could be related or not related... and I think the most significant change is that a few months ago I stopped drinking tea because I went to donate blood and they said that my iron was low and asked if I was a tea drinker. I said yes, and they said the tannins in tea can block iron absorption. But aside from that, tea has a lot of good qualities, and different teas can have an effect inflammaton, menstruation, cycle regularity, and alleviate cramping which I think might all be part of the issue... so I figured, I will just allow myself to have tea again. I'm not donating blood anymore because of TTC, so I don't think I'm truly at risk of becoming anemic. Other than that... 4 DPO... we'll see what happened. I am itching to test! I hate the 2WW.

June 24th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
F/X'd that you are extra fertile this cycle which will result in a BFP!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

June 27th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Super Mommy
Ok.... I am going crazy here. I really hope this might be *it* for me finally. My boobies are sore... which is not really a tell-tale sign of anything for me because it seems like my boobies are sore every other cycle. I've been having crazy dreams and trouble sleeping, not pregnancy related ones either so it's not just because I'm obsessing about that. I was feeling light headed and shaky this afternoon... even though I had eaten... albeit not a ton but I normally don't get light headed or jittery even if I completely skip a meal or two. I hurried up and downed a giant glass of milk and ate a few ounces of ham and then I felt better after a while. None of these are really signs of anything and I am probably grasping at straws.... 7 DPO... normally I would start spotting tomorrow or the next day.... so we'll see.... but yeah... I tested this morning because of my short LP I would rarely get to test if I waited til 10 DPO... I thought I might have seen a line.. but it was sooo faint it won't show up in a picture, and it was probably an evap anyway...I had never seen an evap until this stupid batch of Wondfos. I'll test again tomorrow with SMU.... since I usually drink a ton of water right before bed... and I'll keep testing every day til AF shows because I'm flippin' crazy.... if AF shows on time I'll only have wasted 4 ICs total.... and if I use more than that, I'll finally be rid of this "bad batch."

June 28th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Your chart is looking good!! I hope those are all good signs for you

So have you tested yet today?

June 28th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just checking in....did you test today?

June 28th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Super Mommy
BFN.... still pretty early though.... that's what I keep telling myself.....

June 30th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Super Mommy
10 DPO BFN.... if AF doesn't show tonight I will be "late".

Prepare for TMI: There was a brownish tinge in my CM, I had to actually reach up in there to check though, no color when I wiped.

Feeling kinda crampy and just not good in general, but I got some bad news this morning... and waiting to find out what the reality of the situation really is... so I'm just pretty much a wreck overall right now. Going to try to go back to sleep because there's absolutely nothing I can do....

June 30th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry about the bad news

Hang in there

June 30th, 2013, 02:23 PM

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

July 1st, 2013, 08:30 AM

July 1st, 2013, 04:26 PM
Super Mommy
Okaaaaay.... 11 DPO BFN.... not sure if AF is on her way or not.

Also, the bad news yesterday just turned out to be a really stupid rumor. Basically my sister is a transient... not gonna sugar coat it... she has some problems.... and her "boyfriend" is crazy and started spreading this rumor that she had some how died and these two guys she was hanging out with dumped her body somewhere so they wouldn't get blamed... my family ended up getting the police involved and everything.

Anyhow.... I spent the last two days wallowing, half believing this rumor because no one knew where she was or had seen her in 5 days. She finally checked in with my mom... so everything is back to normal. We just all want to beat the crap out of the "boyfriend" now...

July 2nd, 2013, 05:56 AM
So sorry about the rumor. I would be furious with the bf too! Glad that she is okay though. Sorry about the bfns.

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

July 19th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Super Mommy
Ok, I think I finally O'd this cycle. DH and I BD'd the last 3 nights, and every other night prior to that, so it's as good a chance as I've ever had.... I haven't seen any spotting yet, which I've been spotting after ovulation about 50% of the time it seems like.

If we don't get a BFP in 2 weeks, the next obvious step is an RE, and I am ready for that. But the timing is lousy, DH might be changing jobs, and I might be starting a new one so insurance coverage is very likely to change... and probably I will have to hold off til the end of the year to avoid having a "pre-existing condition" when/if we change insurance.... I don't know if that's something that can be held against us technically though if there is never a gap in coverage, but I am paranoid.

Grr, I hate insurance companies.

July 19th, 2013, 01:57 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Yay for finally Oing! Give some luck to me, please!

Don't quote me, but I think part of ObamaCare was getting rid of the pre-existing conditions clause. I could be wrong, but check into it maybe?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search