Amy (Boolajoojoo) TTC#1

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Super Mommy
Howdy, I'm Amy. As of the day I am starting this journal DH and I have been TTC for... a while. I've lost track.... but I went off of BC in... 2010, and we started to get serious at some point last year. I just turned 31, DH and I have been married for... 8 years.

I've done 2 rounds of Clomid at this point (100mg each), and my OB/Gyn says if we don't get a BFP this cycle we are going to start looking into possible underlying fertility issues. I have been diagnosed via ultrasound as having a couple of cysts on my ovaries, but nothing that was too alarming. My biggest concern at this point is an apparent luteal phase defect, since I've been charting over the past few months and have been Oing kinda late not had a LP longer than 9 or 10 days, and always early spotting the week before AF.

I think I O'd today, hopefully temps over the next few days will confirm that I am in the 2 week wait..... every cycle as of late has been crushing, with BFN after BFN.... if we're going to get all medical up in here I am probably going to need a place to vent... yup.

So that's all for now, it's good to be here!

Woo, you can check out Amy's crazy temps right here.
April 28th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Amy, so glad you started a journal! It's a great place to record, track, and vent when needed!

I know I've read that people have been able to use supplements to lengthen their luteal phase. Have you looked into any of those? (sorry I don't have more specifics!)

KUP on how things are going -- we're here for you, lady!
April 28th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Amy, welcome to the world of journalling. Its a great place to vent or just keep a record of things for posterity - esp if your starting down the MA route

Have you ever had a HSG? I found I had one blocked tube when I had mine so would really recommend it. Also, has DH done a SA?

Anyway, I look forward to following your journey!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

April 28th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Nerd
Ah, I didn't know you and your husband had been trying for so long. Were you ovulating on Clomid? Do you have a guess at what's been keeping you all from getting pregnant?

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
April 28th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Super Mommy
@ Jeralynn, I am taking a B-vitamin supplement this time around, maybe that will do something, but I was concerned that it might have counter-active effects against the Clomid? I dunno, I have used progesterone cream in the past during the 2WW and it had zero effect on the length of my LP. I don't know what other options there are in that department besides a prescription for progesterone so hopefully the B-vitamins do something, I've been taking them for about a month now.

@Jen, I will be asking about an HSG and bloodwork to check hormone levels and such at my next appointment. We really have no idea what's going on.

DH was supposed to have an SA, but the office we were "referred to" wouldn't do it because we didn't have requisition paper work from a doctor. I was explicitly told that we would not need an official referral, and when we made the appointment they didn't tell us that on the phone either, they didn't say a darned thing until we showed up for the appointment when they refused to do it. So DH and I had a tandem melt-down over the whole thing and lost the motivation to get it done until recently.... to make a long story short, he has an appointment in a couple weeks for a regular physical and is going to get a real referral for the SA... but we'll be going somewhere else this time.

@Sam, I have been ovulating on Clomid, but I was Oing before Clomid, just on day 21ish, of a 28ish day cycle. Clomid apparently got me to O on day 18 and 20, but LP is still short. So the Clomid might not be necessary, except to get me to O sooner, but I imagine that would be an even higher dose. This month I had some serious mood swings, and I am going to blame that on the Clomid... because it so not like me... just white hot rage. I am normally pretty layed back. I think I want more information before another dose of the stuff. Maybe I won't need it?

Sam, I hope the Clomid works for you and no crazy side effects.

April 29th, 2013, 06:57 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
to journaling!!!I look forward to following you on here

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

April 30th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to journaling! It is great to have a place to vent out to and record things. Good luck sweetie!

Married to my best friend

~*~**Proud Army Wife**~*~
April 30th, 2013, 10:32 AM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
Welcome to journaling! I look forward to getting to know you better.
April 30th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
to journalling! I too have a short LP. I've been taking close to 200mg of B6 with B complex vitamin for over a year. It has helped a bit, but for me personally, I think I have other fertility issues--possibly endo.

It sucks seeing BFN after BFN--that's why I don't test anymore.

Hopefully your ob/gyn will find out what's going on or refer to a RE which will likely help. I've been seeing a RE since October/November 2012. If you have any questions please feel free to ask or pm me.

GL and KUP!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

April 30th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks Nicholle, I'm trying to catch up on everyone else's journals, yours is one of the next ones I am going to tackle, I know you have been through an arduous process, and I feel for you... at least I can "use" it as a guide, and get some hints as to what the next steps might be.

Endometriosis is one of the first things I am going to be asking about, because it's not unlikely, and my insurance will actually cover diagnosis and treatment of anything relating to pelvic health issues... but as soon as it's fertility related, not so much....

Hope you have answers soon with the endo, and some treatment options to go with that. I can't really think of anyone who deserves to have a baby more than you (and everyone else on this board, but you have been through the wringer and you especially deserve it).

May 1st, 2013, 05:07 AM
Thanks Amy!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

May 3rd, 2013, 10:07 AM
Super Mommy
Holy crap, my temp was way high this morning. I've never seen it that high, and I don't feel sick, I feel completely fine. Could just be a one time thing, but it is so hard to not get my hopes up that it might be going triphasic.... I guess we will see what it does over the weekend. Today is 6 DPO, but FF says 7.... going to try to wait 3 more days to test because that is when AF would normally be due...no other symptoms right now either... normally I am already spotting..... this is going to be one long weekend.....

May 3rd, 2013, 11:38 AM
That is a high temp!! I cant wait to see what the ones through the weekend look like

Fx for you!!!!

Last edited by momology; May 3rd, 2013 at 11:39 AM. Reason: spelling error
May 3rd, 2013, 11:45 AM
to Elle! Have you been BDing recently, I hope so. I wouldn't be surprised if you ovulated later than you though. GL and KUP!

November 2012-IUI

Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

Have never seen a bfp.

May 3rd, 2013, 12:34 PM
My fingers are crossed for you, Amy!!!
May 4th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!!!!!
May 5th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks everyone for keeping your fingers crossed for me...my temps looks like they're tanking but it's weird, AF is due tomorrow or Tuesday and still no physical signs or symptoms, no spotting, no cramping, nothing. Maybe the B vitamins are working, if nothing else? Also, normally when AF comes, my temp jumps back up above the cover line a few times before they lever off for maybe a week and I don't know what that's all about. o.O Still going to test tomorrow. Not expecting much though.

Last edited by Boolajoojoo; May 5th, 2013 at 05:47 PM.
May 5th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Let us know the results of your test tomorrow!!
May 6th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Any updates?? Did you test??

May 6th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by momology View Post
Any updates?? Did you test??

Yeah... BFN.... but it's only 9 DPO, I only test this early because AF always comes so early, but still no signs of her so I guess there's still a chance? Maybe... I'm obsessive and will probably start testing every day til she comes... that's what ICs are for right?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search