Beth's Journey to a bfp

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Nicholle ttc
  • 1 Post By momology

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Beth2008's Avatar mommy in the making
So I used to have a journal in this section a long long time ago, so I was just reading it again and decided I wanted to start fresh. I love the journals because it is a way for me to keep everything logged and get my emotions out in the open.

Here's my story, I'm Beth (28) and DH is Aaron (30) and we have been ttc since August 2011. I was diagnosed with pcos around that time as well as hypothyroidism, I had a scare a little while back because they thought they found a nodule on my thyroid but it turned out to be a false alarm. My family doctor said that my levels are not low enough for synthroid (I took it at one time, but they said I didn't need it). I have a roller coaster of a ride ttc our first. We have had to put it on hold a couple times due to family illnesses and my DH had to have surgery last year about this time.

I'm currently taking medicine wise a prenatal, finished provera (on CD 4), and starting my clomid tomorrow. We have decided since it was so stressful last month that I am not going to be temping this cycle, taking a mini-break from that. I also use pree-seed and it seems to help a lot.

So I have rambled on enough, I tend to want to say way to much at times lol.

Thank you *Kiliki* for amazing siggy!

May 13th, 2013, 01:19 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
to journaling!!! I look forward to following your journey (hopefully the ttc part wont be too much longer)

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

May 15th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Thanks

So I'm on day two of clomid and so far no side effects, but I know that will change. I'm going to stock up on opk's and hpt's tomorrow hopefully or Friday either one. Today I still have light bleeding from AF but she is just about gone, along with my emotions lol. I dread the effects from clomid because I always get so whiney and moody taking it. My poor DH just listens to me though.

I tried to buy some lemons today at the store to try the lemon detox drink thing I have heard about but they were out of them, so hopefully by tomorrow I can buy some at wal-mart. I'm just ready to try just about anything to get a healthy bfp.

Ok on another note my five year wedding anniversary is on the 24th of this month, hopefully I would have already ovulated by then so I can focus more on my dh and less on babies lol. I think we are just going to plan to go on a picnic and just enjoy some alone time together, we decided that all access to the outside world is going to be turned off because we get so many texts and phone calls from random people all day long.

Well that's about all I have right now, hopefully I'll have more ttc related stuff to talk about later

May 15th, 2013, 06:01 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
Welcome to journaling! I look forward to getting to know you better!!
May 16th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Thank you

So I am thinking if I can remember it even though I'm already on cd 7 that in the morning I might go ahead and start temping again just to see what my temp does this cycle. I'm feeling good so far about this cycle due to the fact that there is so much less stress in my life right now, and things are finally starting to turn around. I didn't get to buy any new opk's today because I ended up working late but I will be able to tomorrow since I get off earlier. I'm kind of exciting that I will be off work all week next week and I'm hopeful that my fertile time will happen then so we will be able to bd anytime we want.

I feel like everyone around me is getting pregnant, and I'm trying so hard to stay happy for those people but part of me is jealous, and I truly hate that about me right now. I would want them to be happy for me and I'm trying to do the same. Deep down I just want to curl up and cry sometimes when I see others with their bfp's knowing how hard I have been trying. That's one reason I love these boards, there is women going through similar situations, and I'm always very excited and happy to see any of you ladies get your bfp's.

Ok that's my whining for the evening, clomid must be kicking in lol.....

May 17th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Super Mommy
I am looking forward to following your journal. I think we all feel that way when we see others getting pregnant when we want it so desperately. It only compounds with the length and difficulty of your TTC time. You have the right idea of just trying to be happy for them but also allowing yourself time to have your feelings about it.
May 19th, 2013, 11:59 AM
So I finished my last clomid pill last night, now the waiting game begins. I'm excited and I feel so hopeful that it will work for me, I'm nervous as well. I'm off all week so I'm praying that I ovulate sometime soon so I will be able to bd anytime we need to.

I'm excited that next weekend is memorial day weekend and I will hopefully get to spend it with my family, IF I ovulate in time because I don't want to be out of town unable to bd during my fertile time. But if I am out of town we will have to figure out some how to bd lol. I have a busy week even though I'm off work, spending most of it with my dh celebrating our wonderful five years of marriage, and eleven years as a couple.

May 19th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Nerd
Sounds good. I think clomid had me ovulating this cycle. I'll be crossing my fingers for you. Do you use OPKs, temp, or how do you check for ovulation?

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
May 20th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
to journalling Beth! I hope that clomid works for you! Beware of the dreaded side effects. Hopefully you won't have any, but for me the hot flashes were the worst. GL and KUP!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

May 20th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Sending O dust your way!!!!!!! Fx that the clomid does the trick for you!!!

June 3rd, 2013, 06:12 AM
Sorry I'm WAY behind on updating my journal, I have had so much going on with work that I've been on here lurking and posting occasionally but haven't had time to really update.

I'm currently on CD 25 with no ovulation yet, but have been having lots of EWCM it started out on CD 19 as creamy mixed with ewcm for a few days and has turned to complete ewcm on CD 23. I know I can ovulate late on clomid but this is getting annoying.

I scheduled an appointment and the closest I could get in was June 24th because I wanted to give me a chance to ovulate and if I don't by the appointment I'm begging for 100 mg of clomid, and I'm going to get my metformin back because that seems to help with my pcos. I guess it's looking like if I don't ovulate I'll be shooting for a March baby.

June 3rd, 2013, 09:26 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Hey Beth,

Thanks for the update! Hopefully you will O soon and get your BFP shortly! Definitely KUP!
Beth2008 likes this.

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

June 3rd, 2013, 09:28 AM
Glad you updated! Sending some O dust your way!!!!!!!

Beth2008 likes this.

June 3rd, 2013, 10:34 AM

My opk's are FINALLY getting darker, I will test again later tonight at about 9 or 10 and hopefully it will be positive either then or by tomorrow. I just hate that my body is so crazy that I can't even have one good early ovulation.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search