Em's Way to One Journal (girlsofsummer)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree31Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2013, 03:03 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ohhh I hope that means you are Oing!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the same problem with my PNVs I think I tried 6 or 7 before landing on this one. I take them right after lunch every day with a full glass of water and things have been much better. Maybe my body got used to it?? not really sure but I haven't had the issue in almost a year now.

Have a great time at the wedding!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

July 21st, 2013, 07:38 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3

I am VERY FRUSTRATED tonight. I came back from a fun weekend at a wedding and am now worrying over why I still haven't ovulated. CD 22.

Stark white OPK on Friday pm. Nearly colorless one again this evening when we got home. Some EWCM yesterday (Saturday) and a pretty decent amount today, but more watery.

Honestly I will be so p*ssed off if that Vitex was helping me and I stopped taking it b/c of doctor's orders. I hate the way I'm anxious when I get up to see if my temp has gone up, and anxious when I get home to do an OPK. I hadn't thought about TTC much at all this weekend, and now I feel consumed with it again.

Unfortunately I feel like I have to temp -- eight, count 'em EIGHT DAYS-- of EWCM would lead me to think I had ovulated already.

Doctor said he fully expects me to have a regular-length cycle this time around, and if not, then I need to call him so we can start problem-solving.
July 22nd, 2013, 09:23 AM
CD23:

Ahh welcome to Monday. I actually have a ton of energy today. I woke up earlier than normal and feel very rested. That's unusual for me on a Monday! DH and I had some spontaneous morning boot knockin' so maybe that's why

So this is either a bad decision or a good one: I started taking the vitex again last night. I was re-reading Ashley's (plan4fate's) one reply where she mentioned how long into your cycle to take it for. My experience with it last month was great, and I tried to make this decision based on outcomes, not emotions. So we'll see.

I'm having odd feeling cramps today. Like it almost feels as if it's my hips hurting, but it's not. And there's weird pressure above my pubic bone. It doesn't feel like last month's O.
July 22nd, 2013, 10:13 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Em- maybe this is O time for you?! I never feel like I have the same "cramps" down there each month. It seems different all the time.

Can you post a picture of your more recent OPK?

Spontaneous boot-knockin (especially in the morning) ALWAYS always ALWAYS puts a smile on my face and tons of energy!! ;D
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
July 23rd, 2013, 08:03 AM
Yeehaw, +OPK (very quickly showed up) at 11 p.m. last night and again at 8 a.m. this morning. This a.m.'s may have been starting to fade just a teeny tiny bit, but I'm unsure.

Looks like last cycle I had two days' worth of +OPKs and ovulated sometime on that second day.

I've been having a good amount of cramps again, mostly on the right side, but today I had a pretty fair amount on the left side as well.

DH and I stayed up way too late watching "Django Unchained" (still hadn't seen it!) so we didn't get to fit in BDing. But since we did yesterday a.m. and will again after work today, I'm ok with that.
July 23rd, 2013, 08:28 AM
Super Mommy
Oh yay for the +OPK's!! That is great news and it seems like your body is slowly getting regulated. Keep up with the BDing!

July 23rd, 2013, 08:54 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Great news! Have fun!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

July 23rd, 2013, 12:15 PM
Ladies, if anyone is on, would love to hear your thoughts: do you think I ovulated today, as in I already have? (it's currently 2:15 pm here). I'm trying to decide whether I still have time to BD tonight after work:

7/22:
+OPK at 6 p.m.
+OPK at 11:30 p.m.
Cramping for most of the night, esp. on right side
Cervix is SHOW (soft, high, open, wet)

7/23:
Temp still at 97.7 (needs to be at least 97.9 for me)
+OPK at 8 a.m.
Still cramping, esp on right side
Cervix is soft, high, open, not as wet.
July 23rd, 2013, 12:56 PM
I think there is a chance you Od or will O sometime today!! It is so hard to say before hand but those all sound like good signs!! I would keep up the BDing just in case I am excited to see what your temp is like tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!
July 24th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would BD today even (not sure if you did last night or not). When we did IUI we were told to BD after the IUI and the day after that. Cant hurt right??

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

July 24th, 2013, 06:38 AM
CD25: 1DPO

Temp rise of .3 from yesterday. Sweeeeeet! I actually think I know when I ovulated last night. I was sitting in bed, having a snack and I took my temp - it was 97.6. Considering I had only been "resting" for like 15 min and went downstairs to get a snack refill before that (what can I say? I had the hungries!) that was low for me. Especially since my true resting temp that morning had been 97.7.

We had BD'd about an hour before that so I would like to think I timed it pretty darn well. And having BD'd the previous morning, I'm hoping that helped, too. Probably won't get to BD tonight as I'm going to a concert (a 90s concert, holla!).

So my first *official* TWW!!! Ahhh!!

Not getting my hopes up, just excited to be here. It would be pretty cool if I did get preggo -- DH's birthday would be 12 DPO and wouldn't that be a helluva surprise.
Nicholle ttc and Jen@FirsAve like this.
July 24th, 2013, 07:10 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck to you, Em!

That would be pretty sweet to be able to tell DH you are pregnant on his birthday!!

Have fun at the concert, I'm jealous
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
July 24th, 2013, 07:26 AM
yayyyyy Em!!!!!!!!! Woooohooo for O

Fx for you!!!!!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

July 24th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Yay for Oing!

What concert are you going to?

BTW, I'll be in your neck of the wood this weekend.

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

July 24th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Nicholle I'm going to the Under the Sun tour, with Sugary Ray, Gin Blossoms, Vertical Horizon and Smash Mouth. I'm so excited!!

Oh cool! Have a good visit while you're here! I literally haven't spent a weekend in Pgh since June --- getting kinda tired of all of the traveling :/
Nicholle ttc likes this.
July 24th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Super Mommy
Yay for O!!! :babydust:

July 25th, 2013, 04:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
for O!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

July 25th, 2013, 08:32 AM
CD26: 2DPO (I hope)

I posted this in the forum as a question. I'm anxious over my temps, and unsure of what's going on.

I had a temp of 98.0 yesterday, at 6:45 a.m. normal temping time (NTT to save me keystrokes). So far since charting, I haven't hit that temp when I wasn't ovulating.

Today, it was 97.7 at NTT. However, I was freezing then. Our bedroom was really cold last night and I couldn't stay warm (unseasonably cool here last night). I took it again at 7:55 a.m. and it was 98.1 -- DH had turned off the fan prior to that temp so I wasn't as cold.

Yesterday morning, I was slightly crampy, although not to the degree of the previous day. I did have a wet spot on my underwear in the evening so that threw me off, too. CM was open in the morning I think.

Today CM is high, firm and medium (could be closed -- but it is def not open so I put down medium). I'm crampy right now.

I put in the 98.1 temp for now.

Edit: Had red spotting tonight, red on cervix. Ashley also said to put in 97.8 adjusted temp.

Last edited by girlsofsummer; July 27th, 2013 at 07:18 AM.
July 27th, 2013, 07:34 AM
CD 28: 4 DPO

Grrr, I just deleted my whole post. Ok back to retype:
So I haven't had any more spotting since yesterday early afternoon. A little bit of brown residue remaining, but nothing much at all.

It occurred to me that I may have caused this bleeding. I have this benign condition where the cells that should be inside my cervix are actually on the outside. I've gotten post-coital bleeding for many years-- never very much, sometimes just pink but other times depending on how rough DTD is it can be higher amounts bright red blood. Really freaked me out the first couple times it happened.

I went to the dr for this past fall after getting a decent amount of blood following sex, and they were able to replicate the bleeding with a repeated poking of my cervix, for lack of a better description. Because of this and that I've always had normal, clean pap smears, I was diagnosed with that condition. It may go away, but it also may not, and it's just kind of "there."

The more I think about it, the more I think that's what may have happened. Especially at 2 DPO, I was checking my cervix more "aggressively" and often than I probably should have been. And yesterday, I had red around my cervix only after I checked it about a half hour before that. I didn't have any blood there when I initially checked it that morning.

That aligns with the fact that my cervix was closed. So there's a solid possibility that I caused the bleeding and the cramping was unrelated, or made worse by checking my CP more than I should have been.

On a side note, I feel like I have a UTI again
July 28th, 2013, 07:43 AM
CD 29/5 DPO

FF took my crosshairs away entirely this morning b/c my temps arent staying high. Im not surprised, but I still think I ovulated. All of my other signs were unmistakable. That combined with unseasonably cool temps here and Im not sweating it. We'll see what the rest of the week brings.

My sweet mom bought me Flintstones vitamins to try - hope i can actually take those.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search