Em's Way to One Journal (girlsofsummer)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree31Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2013, 04:02 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
I'm really sorry that your doctor was so tactless. I think that sometimes doctors forget that their patients are people with feelings, fears, and concerns.
September 5th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Super Mommy
Just dropping im real quick to say congrats! I saw on the main board you got your BFP!

Very excited for you!
girlsofsummer likes this.

Woo, you can check out Amy's crazy temps right here.
September 6th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Ariw's Avatar Veteran
Sorry about the jerk Dr. I had a horrible one when I was miscarrying and was treated like a stupid teenager who got knocked up during prom and was better off m/cing
Some Drs forget they are speaking to actual humans with feelings...sad

I hope you find a better Dr with a heart not made of stone!
And sooo good to hear everything is going well!
Cant wait for more updates
September 6th, 2013, 07:23 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is such a terrible terrible terrible thing to say to a new expecting mom I am sort of dumbfounded. Calling something nothing that means everything to a person is just. . .well I dont think JM wants me to say but that makes me furious! I fear if a doc said that to me I would slap them. I hope you really hear what all the other ladies are saying and know it is what your doctor should have said. "Congratulations! You are pregnant. It is still very early so we should be cautious but everything is looking great so far and I will see you back here in a few weeks!" I really hope you find a better doctor!!!

I am still very excited for you and dont let one bad doc visit get you down too much. I am so looking forward to more updates from you!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

September 6th, 2013, 07:42 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Yes it was truly awful but I really thank all of you for taking the time to respond and give your well wishes and get p**sed off along with me!

I don't know if this is how it works at other practices, but there are 8 doctors there. And I thought I was going to see *my* doctor, so I was surprised to get this new chick. The nurse said that b/c I'll have whoever is on call delivering me, it's good to meet/see as many of the doctors as possible. That sounds dumb to me. I might be paying a visit to the local midwife center now, although I don't know if my current insurance covers it.

I definitely plan on filing a complaint and having them mark my chart that I will not see that doctor again. I chose to stay with this practice b/c my doctor is awesome.

So that's that. I'm feeling better today and am sincerely trying very hard to put my faith in God and let whatever is going to happen, happen.
AshleyO likes this.
September 6th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know I'm a bit late but I'm sorry about that jerk of a doctor, jeez bedside manner! ! I think its a good idea to put in a complaint and make sure you don't have to see her again. Early on you need reassurance not some *** telling you something you're already well aware of

My gp surgery wouldn't even see me till 10 weeks about the pregnancy, even then it was with the midwife. When I saw the doctors about the morning sickness they were pretty good and understanding though. I hope you have better experiences from here on out hun!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

September 7th, 2013, 07:44 PM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
I agree with Jen, I hope you have good experiences from here on out!

Bad doctors upset me so much - good doctors can do such amazing things, and then these guys just mess it up. Sigh.
girlsofsummer and AshleyO like this.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

September 8th, 2013, 11:46 AM
I think it's a great idea to mark on your chart that you don't want to see that particular doctor again.
September 10th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Hope no one minds that I am continuing to update this!

I called my OBs office yesterday and talked to the scheduler. I do not have that doctor for my 8 week appt and was told all I need to do is talk to the nurse when I go in and she will mark my chart that I'm not to be seen by her again. I still need to track down the practice manager to file a formal complaint.

DH and I are looking into the local midwife practice. I am really not a fan that I won't be seeing one doctor throughout my pregnancy. I'll see if I can request that at my next appt, but if not, we may go with a midwife. My midwife practice orientation is a few days after my OB appt, so at least I'll know where I stand.

Otherwise, everything is good. I'm very nauseous today, after not being nauseous at all yesterday! Funny how that works. I'm craving salt and carbs and can't stand the thought of eating my normal breakfast (yogurt, fruit and granola). My breasts are sorer than ever and I'm tired come 8 p.m. although hot flashes wake me up. I can't stand DH's cologne, soap or deodorant, even though he's been using it for years and yesterday he said I was "being mean to him" about stupid stuff. oops

I am in no way complaining -- I'm fascinated by these changes taking place and I'm a-ok with eating more
September 10th, 2013, 08:33 AM
I'm glad that the office is being cooperative about making sure that you don't have to see that doctor again. Maybe other patients have complained about her, too. If she made that comment to you, I'm sure that she has said similar horrible things to other people, too.

September 10th, 2013, 09:28 AM
No worries on continuing to update your journal here for a little while - I wanna keep tabs on you.

A quick request - if you're posting in other parts of the board, if you can just turn off your signature, that would be awesome. It's sort of a general policy around TTC#1 to not have pregnancy tickers in signatures on general posts. Not that we don't love you, but I think you understand!

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

September 10th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you're not feeling too poorly - eat whilst you can is my advice! Poor DH, I have a new hate for smells too, especially morning breath

Dont worry about posting here for a while, I just started a grads journal today at 12weeks. We love to hear about your journey!!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

September 11th, 2013, 08:48 AM
I am very, very sorry about the ticker, ladies. That was callous of me and I realized after it posted. I didn't know you could turn it on/off so easily, but I see where you can do it now. So please accept my apologies as I never meant to hurt any feelings. <3
September 12th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Super Mommy
Please continue to update at least for a little while before you start your grad journal. Hopefully we will all be going through this soon and it is very informative to hear about the appointments, symptoms, etc. Plus we just want to hear how you are doing! I'm glad you have been able to eat... and I would follow Jen's advice on that one.

September 12th, 2013, 08:09 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm totally jealous of your sore boobs, cravings, and smell aversions.

Best of luck to you, Em, at your next appointment. I hope it brings GOOD feelings this time.
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
September 12th, 2013, 11:54 AM
No worries on the ticker - it's one of those things that you don't realize until it's too late, unless you've been paying a lot of attention

Hope everything is going excellently!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search