Em's Way to One Journal (girlsofsummer)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree31Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2013, 08:31 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
I started taking Vitex today after venting to my husband last night about my body taking so long to get back to normal. I am the least patient person ever, so waiting 9+ weeks to get my period has been excruciating. So, after thinking that I ovulated again, Iím not getting a good BBT rise. Granted, Iím only using a .0 decimal point thermometer, and thereís a chance that thermometer could be crap, but I just donít know.

Last night I was getting upset. I never thought it was going to be this long. Thatís on me Ė my expectations were too high. Iíve been working really hard for the past year on managing expectations of myself and other people, and it looks like I failed this time.

DH told me not to worry and just be patient and let my body do its thing. It didnít really help - I know he was trying to get me to chill out and put me at ease but I still felt crummy. My worry monster side takes over and I start thinking, ĎWhat if this is a sign of bigger problems?í

I was going back and forth about taking the Vitex for dumb reasons (what if my period comes on my beach vacation?) and legit ones (what if I screw up my cycle more?). But I decided to start taking them this morning. My annual exam is schedule for July 16 Ė which gives me a solid month+ to take Vitex. So if nothing happens by then, at least I can ask for Provera or something.

So off we go. DH had a dream last night that we had twin girls - which is very ironic because every dream that I dream about having children it's twins (and my mother, sister and MIL have the same dreams about us --- weird!)

Iíve got a huge work event next week that I coordinate, and a week after thatís done I leave for Mexico for a week. Time to party it up and drink like I wonít be able to do for a long time probably
AshleyO likes this.
June 12th, 2013, 08:38 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
to journaling!!!!!

Sorry you have been in limbo for so long I know how frustrating that can be I hope the Vitex helps you.

I hope you have an amazing time in Mexico!!!!!

(That is super weird about the dreams! Maybe it is meant to be )

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

June 12th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Nerd
Your first journal entry is exactly how I felt for my TTC journey. I'm a planner. And I read and read and read about coming off the pill and I read what to expect and how to get pregnant. When my cycles were dragging on endlessly I became more frustrated than I ever had in my life. You want a clue. Waiting is the worst. Especially when you are waiting to get to a productive waiting. I'm sorry your body hasn't had a period yet. Hang in there.
girlsofsummer likes this.
June 13th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Sam I really appreciate your response most of all, especially with the light at the end of your tunnel!

Thanks so much. I feel badly complaining about it, especially when there are women here who having been TTC for so long and are so patient, and I'm not.
AshleyO likes this.
June 13th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Nerd
You've been patient for at least 82 days. That's something.
June 13th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
to journalling, I find its a greatplace to vent frustrations and moans. I hope yours doesnt end up being too long though!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

June 13th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh Em!!! You sound just like me girl! If onyl we could all get together once a week and do a B***h about TTC night filled with chocolate, wine, or whatever tickles our fancy! I am not patient and I keep thinking well what if this and what if that, etc. etc. DH just says "Darling it will happen when it's meant to happen." I am always like what the hell kinda answer is that?! lol. I am a planner and not very patient!

I do hope that your journal here is not very long and that soon you will be able to start a BFP journal! It has taken me 6 months to learn to just take a step back from my TTC efforts and let loose a bit to help my mind from stressing out, it also helped the spotting stop as well!

Have a ridiculous amount of fun in Mexico lady! You deserve it!

Married to my best friend

~*~**Proud Army Wife**~*~
June 13th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Super Mommy
I hear you on expectations! After suffering losses with my ex, going through a lot with my health, and then finally marrying my soulmate, I thought getting pregnant should be easy now. Everything is right so it should just HAPPEN. Then sitting and thinking that if it doesn't happen it's your fault. I am a worrier too. I overanalyze and worry.

Hang in there. Maybe we should all think of skyping. I have a paid membership so I can conference with many on Skype, as long as I initiate each video call.

Although I haven't been ttc long, I've suffered losses and waited all my life to be a mom. Should count for something. No-one should begrudge you a good vent.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

June 19th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Blazing fast +OPK this morning with SMU. I'm very hopeful that this will finally be my O. I just have a gut feeling. I didn't take pics for each of them, but the progression has been great. I'm slightly crampy today, more so on my right side. Very much hoping that either tomorrow or Friday I'll wake up with increased temps.

I would be amazed it if did happen and if it was because of the Vitex. I have SO MUCH EWCM it is crazy. That was the only reason I used an OPK to begin with a few days ago -- it was just so much and it still is.

DH still prefers to wait until I have at least one solid AF b/c he is afraid of miscarriages. We know more than one couple who have had suffered MCs, and in one case the marriage ended. I told him a) there were other things at play in those marriages before the MC b) MCs can help any time.

I get that he's trying to cut down our risk, and I agree with the school of thought that we probably don't' want to be fertilizing an egg from this cycle anyway. But I say after I get one period it's time to get down to business.

I have to laugh, though, because the one thing I did NOT want was to get AF on vacation, and now there is a chance that I will. Doh!
June 24th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Super Mommy
I think you guys are right about waiting until next cycle to fertilize an eggy. Hope AF doesn't come while you are on vacation!! Have fun!

June 24th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope AF stays away whilst your on vacation but I do hope she decides to show her face soon!

I think I would agree about waiting until next cycle to try and catch that eggie, then you know you've a better chance of catching a fresh healthy egg and a happy 9mos

June 26th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Hope you are enjoying Mexico. Sorry if AF arrived while you were there. KUP!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

July 9th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Can't believe I'm CD10 already! I used a FF calculator to see approx when I will O based on a 28, 30 and 32 day cycle, but then I realized I'm only assuming I'm going to O on a regular schedule this cycle.

My gut is telling me that I'm going to. I can't help but think that the Vitex helped me O and then have my period. I had so, so much EWCM. So naturally I'm thinking, well, if it helped me O and get AF, it's going to even me out this cycle. But the other part of me thinks that O and AF were inevitable and maybe it was just a coincidence.

But again, my gut is telling me that my cycle will be on track from here on out. That is nerve-wracking and exciting! Like, omg we are *really* going to have a baby!

My mom, who is so sweet and so excited for another grandbaby, bought me this book the other day ("It was reduced to $3.50!") called "You: Having a Baby." I just started it, it's pretty good so far!
AshleyO likes this.
July 17th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Ugh I am feeling like crap today. So, so tired, stomach feels weird and i just generally feel gross. I just want to crawl into bed.

Pretty sure that I have no luck with OPKs in the morning. I swear every single morning I take is lighter than the night before. I'm going to wait until after work from now on.

This is from around 5:30pm yesterday
July 17th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I tend to feel crappy around O time - maybe its that

July 18th, 2013, 07:30 AM
CD 19. My CM seems to have dried up today. TMI, but usually after I have a bowel movement, CM seems to be pushed out. So I can always definitively tell what kind of CM I'm having. I didn't have any today.

DH has been on my case about chores and stuff lately, and we started off the morning on a bad note. I think it's the heat that's to blame for our little spats lately -- our AC broke and the house is miserable.
July 18th, 2013, 07:58 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hmmmm maybe you will have some more CM throughout the day? Sending some O dust your way!!

I hate starting the morning off wrong Hope your day gets better!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

July 18th, 2013, 09:39 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just started reading your journal, Em.

It is miserably hot here too. Luckily we have A/C, we spend all of our time at home in our bedroom where the A/C is located. LOL

I hope your day gets better, its no fun starting out on the wrong foot.

I think I know what would make it better! Since you got your positive OPK this morning, you and DH better get to BDing tonight!!! That always puts me in a better mood
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
July 18th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
My CM would occasionally come and go throughout various cycles. Hopefully you'll have watery or EWCM very soon! GL and KUP!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

July 19th, 2013, 01:00 PM
My underwear was wet today and I had a bit of EWCM. SO tired of waiting already! I'm the most impatient person ever!!

My doc gave me several samples of different PNV to try. I am still getting bad heartburn from all of them, no matter when I take them. Well to be fair I haven't taken them before bed, but that just doesn't make sense to me b/c my acid reflux gets worse when I'm laying flat.

I made an appt with a gastroenterologist as recommended, but its not until the end of August.

Have a good weekend, all -- DH and I are off to Philly for a wedding, one that is promised to be head-over-heels extravagant. I hope that means it's still fun and not stuffy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search