Courtney's TTC #1 Adventure!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2013, 10:09 PM
PinkHurricane's Avatar Super Mommy
I thought it would be great to start one of these, especially since I have been getting a little more anxious about the whole process and just need to relax. I know writing is something that has always helped me through many things and I think it would be a good idea to put all of my thoughts in one place to keep from feeling overwhelmed!

To start off I would love to give some background information! My name is Courtney, I just turned 25 years old, my husband (who's 22) and I have been happily married for a little over 10 months and we just began officially TTC our first little one this cycle! I have been on birth control for almost ten years, started with the pill when I was a teenager to help regulate AF and then got Mirena during a time I was very sick and the medicine I was taking was cancelling out the pill. I had Mirena the full five years, and my husband and I decided to go ahead and get it taken out in May. I then went back onto the birth control pill, and after thinking it was possible we could be pregnant and getting a negative test result (I had Mirena taken out mid cycle, started BCP a few days later), and both of us feeling extremely disappointed, we realized we were ready to go ahead and begin TTC for our first baby!

This cycle began with having a very normal AF after years of it being almost spotting like (thanks to Mirena) so I have a good feeling that my body is quickly adjusting after coming off of the birth control last month. My husband and I have always wanted to have a large family, so starting now is ideal! I am super anxious and stressed about stuff I shouldn't even worry about, mainly because I had been on birth control for so long, but that's in my nature. My goal is to change my anxiety about things 'not going right' and just to relax and enjoy the ride of TTC!

Last edited by PinkHurricane; July 18th, 2013 at 10:12 PM.
July 19th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey Courtney to journalling! Its a great place to get your thoughts out and help with the stress of TTC

I hope your journey is short & sweet!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

July 19th, 2013, 05:48 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Courtney!! Welcome to journaling I am excited to follow your journey in here - I also hope your stay is short and sweet!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

July 19th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Super Mommy
Hi Courtney! Glad you decided to start a journal! It is a great way to get all of your feelings out and also to go back and review things later if necessary. I hope your stay is S&S!!

July 20th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Thank you so much for the welcome ladies! I am very excited about this journey and the things to come!
July 24th, 2013, 10:47 PM
So FF keeps going back and forth on when I O'ed and if I even O'ed. It's driving me pretty crazy! It's most recent decision is that I ended up Oing on CD16, which was Saturday, so that puts me at 5DPO today (7/25). It looks like everything was timed well, so hopefully I end up preggo! I am also trying not to get too excited though because since FF has gone back and forth so much on whether I O'ed or not, I may not have O'ed yet, or might not O this cycle. Being off BC for this first full cycle is making me nuts, I hope my body regulates quickly!

Now I'm rambling. Just wanted to update for personal records. My husband and I are keeping our fingers crossed and just hoping for a BFP later next week before we go on our honeymoon!
July 25th, 2013, 03:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

July 25th, 2013, 05:53 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Courtney ! :wave:

Good luck to you in your TTC adventure. I was on BCP for over 10 years before we started trying too. Hopefully you get your BFP very soon!
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
July 30th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Thank you Jen!! And Kell thank you as well, part of me thinks I never want to go back on BC even when we do get preggo and have a baby and just try natural family planning. I want my body to naturally produce hormones if it can! I wish you luck in your TTC adventure too! Are you getting married soon? (I think I remember reading about you and your fiance planning your wedding, camo dress too??) Sorry if I am wrong, I'm starting to figure out who everyone is!

So this morning I am 10DPO, having some symptoms but realize they can be pre-AF symptoms too, that is what drives me nuts about the TWW, some pregnancy symptoms mimic AF and vice versa. I took a FRER this morning and it was negative, so hopefully I will have a solid answer before we go on our honeymoon this weekend, so I know if I can ride the big rollercoasters or if I should just ride some of the less 'jerky' rides.
July 30th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Super Mommy
Yea, it is still early as far as testing goes!

I hope you get your positive before the weekend!

August 1st, 2013, 08:36 PM
So I went and got a Walmart cheapie to go along with my FRER. I am going to test with the cheapie in the morning, I should be 13DPO at that point, and then break out the big guns (FRER) Saturday morning at 14DPO. We are leaving town Saturday for our honeymoon/1 year marriage anniversary trip so I would love to know if I am preggo or not before we go so I can plan activities accordingly, such as being able to ride roller coasters at Disney World, being able to taste drinks around the world in Epcot, etc.

I am super excited though either way, seeing how my first natural LP is at least 12 days, so I think that is a good sign in general!

Thank you for the encouragement Remisue!
August 2nd, 2013, 08:09 AM
Super Mommy
Any results?!?! FXed!

August 8th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Well after getting a negative result Saturday morning, I packed my bathroom bag with items for AF's arrival, my husband reassured me that we will get pregnant when the time is right, and we set off on our trip! Disney World has been so much fun! I realized Monday I was getting cramps and feeling irritable, which is very rare for me. I told my DH that AF was probably about to start, he said I could be preggo so Tuesday morning we took my last cheapie and got a faint line! We then got another test in the hotel store later that night and tested Wed morning and it was a darker line, though blue dye, but we were so excited!! I posted a thread with pics of the tests on the TTC board. So I called the doctors office and I will go in to get tests and confirmation when we get back in town next week!!!! We are so happy and excited, I've been super tired, little crampy, backache, and slight nausea, so hoping to have great results from the doctor next week!!!!
August 8th, 2013, 12:25 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
!!!!!!!

I saw your post on the TTC board (I was going to reply, but I get the impression that some of those ladies on that board don't like intruders).

SO EXCITING!!!
August 8th, 2013, 01:48 PM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I saw it too. SOOOOOOOO Excited for you. Congrats
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
August 8th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Ariw's Avatar Veteran
Yay!!!! Congrats Courtney! So excited for y'all!
August 21st, 2013, 06:25 PM
Hey ladies we are back from our trip and back to work, much to our not wanting to get back into the work groove! But I did get blood work done with confirmation of the pregnancy and it was positive! We had our first appointment on Monday to just do paperwork and they gave us a goodie bag of neat stuff! We are super excited, I won't have my first ultrasound until Sept 9th but I am remaining positive that our little bean is healthy and developing well. Thank you for all of the best wishes everyone, it means a lot to me!

Best wishes for y'all on your journeys as well!!!!
August 21st, 2013, 09:16 PM
Super Mommy to be
wow, congrats to you!!
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search