Arianna's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2013, 05:04 AM
Ariw's Avatar Veteran
Hey girl's since today is my first appointment at my new practice (the same midwives who run the midwifery center I want to deliver at) I figured it would be a good time to start my journal.

I've been here since April but I will Re-introduce myself for new girls who join in.

I'm Arianna (Ari..) I'm 22 and my Dh is 28. We were married in May 2012 (together since July 2009). We have been TTC our first since April 2013.
I had come off of mirena (had it in for 2 years) and our very frist cycle off mirena and ttc we conceived. We found out May 3rd (the same day I started my Doula workshop!)
I was very excited and couldn't keep my mouth shut...I told EVERYONE! Except DH's family, we were waiting until mothers day. We went and toured the midwifery center and I set up my first prenatal appointment with them.

Well May 9th (2 days before mother's day) I started spotting when I woke up. I freaked and called my mom who assured me everything was fine and it had happened to her with all 3 children and there was no way I was miscarrying...so I convinced myself to relax and go to work..
When I got there I went to the bathroom one more time and I knew...I was miscarrying.
I called the midwives who couldnt tell me anything since they hadn't seen me yet so I call my other Gyno who brought me in asap.
And that was the beginning of a 2 month long possible etopic miscarriage.
A month into the bleeding I was given methotrexate after being admitted to the ER and given an ultrasound the revealed "something" in my right tube
A month later my HCG level was back to 0

I am now at 34days since the bleeding stopped and still no sign of AF showing up..and BFNs

I am so excited to go to my appointment and get my new midwife's opinion on my situation and see what our plan will be for ttc again

That's it for now
I'll update after my appointment
August 1st, 2013, 07:07 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
to journaling Ari!!!!!!!!!!!! I am looking forward to following your journey I am so glad you have your first appointment today - I can't wait to hear how it all goes!! I hope you guys come up with a wonderful TTC plan

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

August 1st, 2013, 07:08 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Best of luck with your appointment. I've explored a midwife place nearby and am still torn on whether I want to go that route or not. I'd be curious to hear your initial experiences.

When is your anniversary? DH and I got married May 13, 2012 <3

I hope you either get AF or a BFP soon -- the waiting game is the worst.
August 1st, 2013, 10:13 AM
Ariw's Avatar Veteran
Thanks girls,
Em- we got married 6 days after you on the 19th

My appointment went AMAZING! I couldn't stop smiling when I left!
There are 3 midwives in the practice and they like you to see everyone when you get pregnant (not that I am) because you never know who will be on duty when you go into labor so they like you to get to know everyone.
The one I saw was the same one who did the open house Dh and I went to when we were pregnant. She is AWESOME!
So smart, so kind, and so sincere.
She went over my entire history with me from before I got mirena, through the miscarriage ordeal up until now.
She actually made me go over the timeline of conception with her like 5x and she wrote it down because she couldn't believe how fast my fertility returned...not that it did me any good ha

But she talked me through everything, and we/she decided there is absolutely no medically necessary reason for me to wait 2 cycles to try again....

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!

EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR!

She explained that the medicine I was given is completely out of my system within 2 weeks (I got it 5 weeks ago) my folate levels would have returned to normal within a couple weeks and the prenatal I'm taking has more than enough, I don't even have to take my extra supplement!
The reason the Dr "probably" told me to wait 2 cycles is so they will have a track record and a "defense" if something were to happen to my next pregnancy
Example- if I lose a second one they don't want me blaming them saying they didn't tell me to wait long enough etc
But since I chart we will have a pretty good idea of conception date and can monitor it accordingly
She wants to do a 6week ultrasound to make sure my next one is in the right place, but other than that she said I am perfect and normal and there is nothing to say I can't try again after my period (with is hopefully coming soon..she said I'm still in the normal range of time between miscarriage and next period)

She as a person is so wonderful...I felt like she was trying to get to know me and cared about what I was going through and was genuinely happy for us (for ttc)
She asked about my husband and how long we've been together and our wedding and was just so sweet and she even got teary-eyed at the end when we was telling me to relax and enjoy our moments together and that her children are grown and she still looks back fondly on the moments they decided to try for a child.

And here was the best part- She gave me the biggest most sincere hug when I left...
not a "this is my job but Im going to pretend like I care" half hug...it was the real deal. And I loved it.

This practice is exactly what I've been looking for..real people who really care about women and treat you as an individual and a human being and not another chart.

So needless to say I am over the moon excited to start my period and start this whole process again. I know there is a higher possibility of etopic (maybe since they never knew for sure if it was etopic) but I am ready and willing to take the leap of faith and try again!

Woohoo!
August 2nd, 2013, 04:51 AM
That sounds absolutely wonderful. That woman sounds like a Godsend. Really, she could be like so many other doctors who just churn women through their practice, but she decided to actively take part in her patients' care, AND have emotions and not be a robot! And that is rare these days.

that you and DH can start trying again right away!!!
August 2nd, 2013, 08:12 AM
Super Mommy
Wow, that place sounds wonderful! Makes me wish I lived there so I could go there.

I am so excited that you guys can TTC again ASAP!! Woohoo!

August 5th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Ariw's Avatar Veteran
Calendar day 39!! Ugh! Stupid AF! Where are you???
August 6th, 2013, 07:42 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sounds like a wonderful appointment!!! I am so happy for you it is great to be in a practice where the people will listen to you and care

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

August 6th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmm...thats funny, I couldve sworn that I'd posted in here before

Anyway, great appt. Fab news that you can ttc again soon!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

August 7th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Ariw's Avatar Veteran
Cd 41 (from day I stopped bleeding)

I emailed my midwife and asked if there was a time that I should be worried if my period doesn't come back in. She said if it doesn't come in the next 14 days they can give me progesterone. I really hope it comes back on its own..I don't want to take more drugs!

I thought I saw the slightest tiniest bit of spotting this morning when checking my cp/cm..but it could've been "something else" from last night :/

Please come back AF!

I had to stop myself from buying a lot of 18month old boy clothes. They have this facebook site for women/moms in my area where you can post things for sale and I got a lot of newborn-3months clothes (boys) for my 2 friends that are having boys (but ofcourse they are both having big babies so I will probably get all the newborn sizes back.... And I told myself I should get this 18m lot too because it was cute and really cheap... but it was winter clothes and who knows if either of their boys will be in 18m sizes during winter...and thats a year and a half away! So I finally started thinking rationally and passed on the clothes...I have been on a bit of a spending spree lately

And I've got to stop! We have a "safety net" that we don't touch unless we have emergencies, and then we have another savings fund for a baby which we had fully funded but then came my ectopic emergency room visit and there goes a chunk of that fund! GRR!
And DH wants to get our kitchen counter tops replaced (1500) the electrical in this house is all screwed up and half our lights dont work..his dad is coming in to town next week to look at it and help fix it (he's a handy man for sure) so hopefully that won't cost the 5k an electrician would charge to rewire the house...I REALLY need a new washer and dryer..they are so old it is to the point where we are super impressed that they still run. But the set I want costs 1400 so needless to say we need to start saving and stop spending!
And we had a discussion last night about me quitting my job to focus on finishing my doula certification (and volunteer with a group I'm really interested in through church)
That would be 3 months without pay so 2400 we'd be missing out on, plus a cruise in sept that is paid for but we will still be spending money during it, plus gas or plane tickets to get to FL, plus plane tickets for my conference in oct, plus alot of other stuff that will wipe out our savings if we let it!

After saying all this I will be heading grocery shopping where I will probably drop 150bucks on a weeks worth of produce for smoothies..ugh

I wish I could be the susie homemaker that saves her family loads of money every month by being frugal and stuff but sadly....I'm not.
Goal for when I'm a sahm ...one day!
August 7th, 2013, 08:35 AM
I'm feeling the same pressure you are now - $$$.

You know, there is so much pressure to be just what you said: Mrs. Susie Homemaker that saves money, and clips coupons, and can cook perfectly and Pinterest the heck out of things and just be perfect. I don't think women ever stop feeling that pressure.

But we do the best we can, right? I think so

I also hope to be at least a part-time SAHM when babies come!
Ariw likes this.
August 7th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Ariw's Avatar Veteran
AF FINALLY showed her face!
SO happy to see her (never thought I'd say that)
Time to get back into ttc mode!
No alcohol (with an exception for saturday since it's a friends 30th birthday party)
No sweets, processed foods, junk
More exercise, veggies and fruits, water, and BD (after Af is gone of course)

YAY!
Hope it happens quickly again!
I have a feeling the next 4 weeks are going to by SOOO slowly!
August 10th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Ariw's Avatar Veteran
CD 4

Feeling renewed. Dh and I decided to continue TTC and not worry about the cruise..if it doesn't happen before then fine, if it does we will have even more reason to celebrate (just without alcohol)

We spent the morning drinking coffee and looking through house floor plans and costs to build. Talking about our "5 year plan". As of now we are on track to buy our land (I'd like minimum 5acres) and build our "dream house" to grow and raise our family in...in 5 years time. Depending of course on Dh's job and what he can find in Indiana, Arkansas, or Texas around that time..or maybe our future will be here in va.. I hope not though! This is NOT where I want to raise my children!
His family is in Indiana, mine is in Arkansas, and I grew up and adore Texas... So those are my choices...plus all have a lot cheaper cost of living than here!

Anyways it was nice to sit and chat about out future together. We haven't got to spend a lot of time alone the past couple months..which is terrible considering everything we've gone through..the day we found out we lost our baby dh couldn't even go home with me..he had to go straight back to work due to the huge project they've been on that he is lead developer on since then it has been much of the same...a lot of work and little time together.
So I am really enjoying today...

And with that I'm going to sign off and spend time with my love

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
girlsofsummer likes this.
August 11th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Very glad you had a nice weekend together. It is so important to renew and refresh your relationship.

And I applaud your TTC decision! Sounds excellent -- best of luck, Ari! <3
August 11th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Ariw's Avatar Veteran
Thanks Em! Hope this is both of our months!
August 13th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Ariw's Avatar Veteran
CD 7

I've been soooo busy at work the last few days...and I still have 2 more days ...5 days in a row is too much for retail. Especially a cashier at whole foods ..constantly have a line! For 8 hours straight!

Dh's dad came into town today..going to help us fix some stuff around the house, door that's broken, electrical and possibly counter tops!
But I can already tell I will get 0 time with dh boo
I'm getting excited about TTC again .
I think dh and I finally agree on a name for our first girl
Ellanora Grace . I wanted Nora but he didn't like it. And I like classic names and also family names ...I have a great grandma Ella that passed away in 99 so I thought of Ellanora and go figure, he loves it. Woohoo because I will certainly be calling her Nora
And if we have a second girl it is between Adelae and Kathryn (Kathryn's his moms name and I love the name Kate)
I'm obsessed with baby names..especially girl names. Love thinking of them

Anyways I've had a huge headache tonight and it won't go away

As far as TTC goes I've been taking my prenatal and green smoothies with maca and pineapple core in the mornings

That's all I've got. Hopefully these next few weeks go by fast and I get back into the swing of TTC things
August 14th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Super Mommy
I'm sorry you have such a bad headache!

I love that name for a girl! I also love to obsess about names but DH doesn't really like to so it makes it difficult.

August 14th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope DH's dad is able to help you get some stuff fixed around the house, its always a bonus when you have friends or relatives that can help with things like that to help save some cash.

I'm sure that you and DH will make up for the lost time once his dad leaves. I can understand it being hard to have any alone time when you have a guest in the house!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

August 17th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Ariw's Avatar Veteran
This cycle is going by so quickly! Its already CD 11!
I used opks on CD 9 and 10 and forgot to this morning but will do one this afternoon
Not expecting anything, just being cautious.

Next week is supposed to be my fertile days so hopefully opks back that thought up!

Friday is dhs company boat party small company of about 30 guys and I'm sure I've mentioned before they do a lot of family events. This one is adults only (and the provide childcare back at the office..yea they are pretty awesome) open bar , DJ, on a yacht.... Yes please! I was so worried I wouldn't be able to go because I have to request off two full weeks in advance and I forgot to BUT I got Friday off completely without even requesting it. Horray! So I went dress shopping yesterday and at banana republic I tried on a really cute navy blur peplum...I've never tried that style and thought it would accentuate my love handle area which I DONT want but to my surprise it hides it perfectly and not to toot my own horn but mannnn did it look good! Hehe but I held off since it was $$$$ and I went online this morning and the price was cut in half!!! PLUS an extra 35% off on top of that. Needless to say that dress is on its way
Very excited...

Hoping this month keeps working out and I get a nice surprise in the form of a pee stick at the end of the month/beginning of next month

My theory is that last cycle (in April) I overdid the pineapple cores.. I was eating one whole core a day in my smoothies. And what I'm reading says to eat one pineapple in 5 days starting on day of ovulation to help with implantation so maybe I had way too much and the little egg implanted way too early?? I know it sounds unlikely but that's my theory. So only 1 core for me this cycle and only starting to eat it on day of O. See how that works out
August 20th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Ariw's Avatar Veteran
Cd 14

Almost that time!
Got an almost + opk today at about 3pm..thanks Ashley for the reminder to test more than once a day!
Hoping in about 2.5 weeks we get good news...man oh man how I'm hoping and praying and wishing!

Until then I'll be here obsessing over opks and in a couple weeks over pregnancy tests haha

Water intake has been crappy but doing well with food and exercise
Im down 5 lbs since I started..about 2 weeks ago ..not bad..but I'm thinking some of that was just water weight

Hopefully in the next day or two Ill have something to report as far as O goes...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search