TTC Baby Barnes - Kelley's Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree47Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2013, 08:07 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I figured I'd jump on the wagon and start a journal.

Today is CD10, my second cycle off of BCP. For those of you that do not know our story, here goes. We were TTC from June to January of 2012/2013. I got my BFP in January 2013 and had a m/c @ 6 weeks. We took a short break, and I made the decision to get back on the pill as we were planning our wedding. I was on the pill from February to July. I decided to get off the pill again because I was having such a hard time emotionally, very up and down with moodiness and seemingly depressed. I feel SO much better off the pill, and we decided to start actively trying again in July, even if it meant I was pregnant for our wedding. No such luck so far, but we are keeping our heads up knowing it may take a while.

My first cycle off BCP was longer than normal.....I had a 34 day cycle and O'ed on CD20. This cycle I started taking OPK's on CD7 just to see what happens. Here they are so far, I missed CD8.

Our wedding is September 21st- so there is still a chance I could be pregnant before then.......we'll see what happens!!!
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
August 19th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
to Journalling! Its a great place to vent or just keep a record of your journey!

I hope yours is short and sweet!

Hows the wedding planning going? I bet you're all about set now right? We're just pulling the last few bits together for ours and its not till November

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

August 19th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Its going well. I just have a few things left to do like finish up decorations & order a couple small items. We didn't go overboard with it at all which is nice. I know some people spend THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS.....we spent maybe 3 grand total.

I'm getting very excited...i I hope we have nice weather!
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

August 19th, 2013, 12:00 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
Yay! Another journal-er!

FWIW, I O'd late last cycle (CD24) and I think yesterday at CD13, so good call to start testing early. I'm VERY glad I started testing early this cycle because I likely would have missed it! Looks like there will be a couple of us in the TWW together!

Wedding planning is the best. I loved it so much. Actually I'm trying to make a niche for myself and become a planner. I do a lot of event planning now, and I just love it.
August 20th, 2013, 05:36 AM
CD11

Here's the latest ladies......all taken with FMU about 6 AM. I'm going to be so irritated if I O before DF gets home!!! He comes home late Thursday night.....

But, on the same hand, I'll be happy that my cycles are getting back to normal again.

Thanks Em, I am having a blast with this wedding planning too. I've already been married once, so I'm familiar with it. Oddly enough- I'm having way more fun with this one and way more excited about it.
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

August 20th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Super Mommy
Have you tried using them in the afternoon? I know a lot of times you can't use FMU because the chemicals don't build up until the afternoon for ovulation.

August 20th, 2013, 08:54 AM
I haven't done afternoon. Could I do evening? I work from 7AM-5PM Monday thru Thursday...and taking an OPK at work doesn't sound all that appealing to me. LOL Even tho....work is the place I tested last January and got my BFP...maybe its a good luck bathroom.

ETA: I usually take lunch at noon or one, so I guess I could test then everyday? Since I go home for lunch...
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

August 21st, 2013, 08:23 AM
CD12

I didn't even take a pic of my OPK from this morning b/c I was so irritated. It went light again on me. I'm hoping & praying it was just a fluke test because I REALLY would love to O when DF is home this weekend. If I dont, I'm worried it will happen while he's gone next week again.

But, in the last hour at work, I've started getting really crampy and gassy....thats usually a good indicator for me. So....I'm going to test again at lunch.

My heart is breaking for Elle today. So sad. Not the update we had all hoped for. Lots of healing vibes & good thoughts sent her way today.
girlsofsummer likes this.
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

August 21st, 2013, 11:17 AM
I hate OPKs more and more with each passing day!!

Gosh I hope you O soon, too. BD a lot anyway as soon as he gets in (i don't even know why I typed that, obviously you're going to be doing that anyway lol).
KellJoO likes this.
August 21st, 2013, 12:06 PM
Ok.... Here they are.

CD12
The top OPK is from this morning the bottom is from Noon

Here is the noon OPK on its own

And here are all of them so far... CD12 Noon on bottom ....

The noon OPK gives me some hope that I will still O this weekend. It looks darker than this morning...and about as dark as I've had leading up to. And yes, Em, we will be BD-ing like crazy this weekend anyways
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

August 22nd, 2013, 05:26 AM
CD13

I am reaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy excited ladies!!!! I think I'm going to get a positive, or else this is it!!!

Taken with 2nd MU @ 6:15 AM

All tests including one from 4 AM (had to pee wanted to test but knew it might be lighter which seems to be the trend with FMU) and 6:15 AM this morning.

Its starting to look pretty good, if thats not a positive its darn close. I will test again at Noon and see what comes up!! Sooooooooo exciting because DF gets home late tonight so we can have a good attempt to catch that EGGY!!!!!!!!
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

August 22nd, 2013, 06:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd say a smidge off being positive - I rekon that if you test again in a few hours it will be really positive! Go catch that eggy!!
KellJoO likes this.

August 22nd, 2013, 07:07 AM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! Catch that eggy!

By the way my parents got married on September 21st, 30 years later they are still on their newlywed vibe .
KellJoO likes this.

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
August 22nd, 2013, 10:36 AM
YEAHHHHH!!!!!!

You got this, girlie!!!
August 23rd, 2013, 06:07 AM
BOOM BABY!!!!!

Sooooooo happy!!!!

Taken with 2nd mu

We DTD last night and I have no shame in sharing this... It's like since DF knows we are really really trying again now... The sex is amazing. He was on fire last night- so passionate! And he made me lay in bed with a pillow under my butt for an hour after I'm excited that he's just as into it as I am.
We have a full weekend of BDing planned !!

One question.... I never remember what the time frame is for O after a positive test... Is it within 36 hours?

Oh.... And I'm thrilled my cycle is already back to normal!!! Looking at the calendar... If we don't conceive this cycle- I will be ovulating during our honeymoon- how perfect is that!!!
Jen@FirsAve likes this.
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

August 23rd, 2013, 07:52 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
woooohooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fx for you girl!!!!

After a positive OPK you usually O 12-36 hours later.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

August 23rd, 2013, 08:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wahoo! And yep between 12-36 hours after a positive OPK you'll O.

And yeah...Oing during your honeymoon would be perfect, although I hope instead you're all quesy because your pg!

August 23rd, 2013, 01:47 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
I've got my fingers crossed for you!!
August 25th, 2013, 12:10 PM
CD16- 1DPO

I'm going to guess that I ovulated yesterday. I got my positive on Friday and I got positives thru yesterday evening. I tested again today and it is slightly lighter but could almost pass for positive again. Anyone else experience this?

My nipples are incredibly sensitive - I slept without a bra last night and kept waking up because they hurt from just my tank on them! I'm a little gassy and crampy today too.

We have hit the BD-ing religiously this weekend. Thursday night, Friday morning, Friday night, Saturday morning, Sunday morning and we will at least one more time tonight for good measure!

This morning I wanted to get a session in no matter how tired we were! DF was apparently feeling frisky and couldn't last long- teehee! I told him it was ok we just needed to get the job done hopefully tonight is a little more enduring !

Best of luck to all of the ladies who O'ed this weekend or are close! Can't wait to get to the point we can test !!
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

August 26th, 2013, 06:07 AM
CD17- 2DPO

Wowza. What a weekend of BD-ing! I'm so glad that O time worked out to land on a weekend when DF was home. I think we have a pretty good shot this month, we covered our bases pretty darn good:

*Thursday night
*Friday morning & Friday night
*Saturday morning
*Sunday morning, afternoon & evening!

DF was so sweet, he was just as eager as I was. Its fun to see him so excited. I think now that the wedding is almost here, he's really wanting it to happen. He kept rubbing my belly and telling me to work my magic this week while he's gone. I wont test until I'm at least 8DPO...and then I know I'll be a crazed lunatic with testing. Good thing I stocked up on cheap tests.

Feeling very tired this morning. Didn't sleep well, its been in the 90's here all weekened and predicted to keep going thru the rest of the week. I'm so over this heat! We have AC but its just a small window unit and its still miserable to try and sleep.

Hope everyone has a great Monday.
girlsofsummer and momology like this.
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search