Amanda's TTC #1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2013, 05:22 PM
amandabanana's Avatar Regular
My name is Amanda and I am 33 years old and my husband is 37. We've been married for a year and a half and have been actively been TTC for 3 mos. We're hoping to conceive by the end of this year and if not we will both go in to get checked out so we can see if anything else can help.

This is a busy time of year, especially for my husband because he is a farmer, so he's been working hard to harvest fields while also working his regular full time job. So it has been challenging to time things right, especially since I have a strange work schedule of 18 hour shifts overnight so two nights a week I am not home.

But this cycle we were able to time things pretty well. I used an opk and we managed to dtd during high fertility and peak times. So my fingers are crossed that this cycle could bring us good news. Today I'm 9 DPO and I took a test using an IC with FMU today but it was negative. Hoping that this week will be a good week and AF will stay away. AF should arrive on the 18th so we'll see I guess.
October 16th, 2013, 08:29 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
to journaling!!!!!!!

Have you tested again? Fx for you!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

October 21st, 2013, 01:04 PM
Thanks, I tested last Monday and it was negative and AF arrived on Wednesday, two days early. I was really disappointed because I was hoping that this was the month, but of course everyone hopes that.

I went to the doctor for an unrelated issue and mentioned TTC and she asked me to let her know when it's been a year of trying and then we will get checked out. She said sometimes it takes a while for some people and we've only been trying for a few months, so we're not going to give up. She did check my thyroid and it's normal, so hopefully a few more months of trying will bring great results.

AF just finished so I'm anxiously awaiting ovulation so we can try again. My hubby's been extremely busy working out in the field so I haven't seen much of him lately. Usually when he comes in he takes a shower, eats, and goes to bed. As soon as his head hits the pillow he's out. Poor guy is so exhausted but I'm hoping that he'll take time off from work over the next few weeks to focus on harvest so he won't be so exhausted at the end of the night.
October 21st, 2013, 02:47 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sorry AF showed Fx that this is your cycle!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

October 24th, 2013, 08:38 AM
So I had talked to my psychiatrist about getting off my medication Citalopram and he had me slowly wean myself down from 60mg to 20mg. Unfortunately, I've been experiencing a lot of anxiety in the past few weeks and I think it's because my med was reduced. So I saw my doc yesterday and he suggested that I increase my dose to 40mg and see how I feel.

It's kind of frustrating because I really didn't want to be on meds when I do get pregnant, but at the same time I can't stand the anxious feelings and it might be better for me to be more calm and relaxed during pregnancy. My doc said that there isn't much evidence that this med causes birth defects but I wasn't sure if I wanted to risk it.

Anyway, I started using the OPK so I'm hoping that I will O next week and the timing will be perfect because I have Sat-Tues off work. Hoping that this is our month!
March 23rd, 2014, 12:43 PM
After trying for about 8 months I finally got my BFP yesterday. I told my hubby, my mom and his mom. I'm obviously excited but at the same time kind of terrified and things are feeling a bit surreal. I worry that the tests were wrong and maybe I'm not really pregnant, but my breasts hurt like crazy and I've been peeing like crazy as well. So I know I'm pregnant but I can't stop from feeling like it isn't real. This is my first ever pregnancy so naturally I'm nervous. Yesterday I ended up taking 4 total pregnancy tests, 2 ICs and 2 FRERs to make sure and today I took 3 ICs and they were all positive. I gave all the rest of the unused tests to my hubby and made him hide them somewhere I won't find them so I will stop wasting them. I kind of feel a bit crazy lol. The crazy thing is that I haven't missed my period yet, it normally should be coming this Wednesday so I don't feel like it's all real yet. I think once Wednesday has passed and no AF, then it will finally sink in. Please someone tell me that I'm not crazy and that 7 positive pregnancy tests means I am pregnant. I couldn't sleep very well last night and woke up at 3:30am so I'm thinking about taking Tylenol PM or Benadryl tonight so I can get some sleep before work in the morning, but I'm not completely sure if it's safe.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search