Courtney's TTC Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2013, 04:23 PM
Courtney
Okay, I just looked. I think they are ClinicalGuard tests. I've used the HPTs and the OPKs. They seem to work well for me anyway

Last edited by CandC2012; December 24th, 2013 at 01:23 PM.
December 23rd, 2013, 11:20 PM
Courtney
Well, we DTD tonight again. I took a Mucinex shortly beforehand, and I also used Pre-Seed this time. I bought a tube of the stuff a couple months ago but never got around to using it, so I'm going to try it some this cycle. Not sure if it's really necessary to use both Pre-Seed and Mucinex, but whatever

I'm a little frustrated with DH... His libido has been rather low lately, which makes baby making kinda tough. He wants a baby just as much as I do, and so he gets it done, but he just never acts interested. I have to remind him every night that we have to BD. I just don't know why he's been so uninterested the last few weeks. He's never had this problem before... I mean, he wasn't acting like a teenager or anything crazy, but we've always DTD pretty regularly, with him initiating it 98% of the time because he's always had a higher libido than me. Lately, he can go a week or two (probably more, I don't know- usually by that point I'm initiating!) without being bothered at all. I'm considering buying some maca for him.... Its just been a little disheartening for me when he never seems to be in the mood :/ It makes me want to just avoid it altogether, because I don't want to force him to do something he doesn't want to do! But obviously I can't avoid it right now, I'm trying to make a baby! Ugh. Super frustrated.

Okay, little rant over. In other news, I've probably eaten my weight in Christmas cookies lately... lol I had a goal to lose 10 pounds by Christmas (I don't know why, I should have known better!), and I was down about 5 pounds, but then I started making a bunch of cookies. I always forget how yummy sugar cookies are! And I've been having way too much fun decorating them all pretty (...and then eating them all. Ahem.). Seriously, I need kids to do this stuff with

Okay, bed time for me! And my inner child is coming out, because I am SO excited it's almost Christmas!! I may do something fun tomorrow night to make BDing a little more fun/exciting. Thinking about moving things to the guest room, maybe lighting some candles...not sure yet. Whatever I can do to try to get DH interested!!

Last edited by CandC2012; December 31st, 2013 at 09:38 AM.
December 24th, 2013, 10:31 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for BDing! Have you ovulated yet?

I hear you on the lack of interest thing. My DH doesn't seem all that interested lately either............which is tough because its crunch time. He's had a lot of stress lately so that isn't helping. Lots of stuff going on with his mom.. so he's worried about that. But, he does make a good attempt even though I know he's got other things on his mind.

Merry Christmas to you and I hope you catch that eggy!!
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
December 24th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Courtney
Nope, haven't ovulated yet. I started the BDing early since I had EWCM on CD10, so I thought maybe I was going to O early, but now I think I probably won't O for several more days (the 27th was my original guess for O time), which makes me feel even worse about dragging DH to the bedroom every night! Oh well lol. I'm still going to keep it up, and he just has to deal

Yeah, I think it's probably stress that's messing with DH lately. There's a lot going on with work and end of the year stuff and planning for next year. I think once January is over he should be good, but that's a long time away!

I haven't had any more EWCM the last few days, which bums me out. The Mucinex seems to be making it really watery though, which I'll take- still better than my norm! Congrats on your EWCM btw, that's so exciting!! I know that feeling of never getting it and then FINALLY having some! I hope this is your month! And Merry Christmas!
Married in August 2012. TTC #1 ever since.
May 2014: Finally got our BFP!!!

December 24th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Courtney
Hmm... I'm beginning to wonder if I AM going to O early... It's CD 13, I usually O on CD 16, but I'm having little twinging cramps (super light, not painful, but definitely noticeable) on my left side, and my bbs are starting to feel tender already. I usually get sore and sensitive bbs right after I O, and then it lasts for the entire LP. I've never noticed it before O in previous cycles. So I really don't know... my temp was still low this morning, so I know I haven't ovulated already, but maybe I'm ovulating today?? DH and I will be BDing just in case! Probably my body is just playing tricks on me, because I *really* want to O already so I can get into that TWW and start testing!! Lol.

Last edited by CandC2012; December 24th, 2013 at 01:31 PM.
December 24th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Courtney
DH isn't feeling well, so no BDing tonight. Sigh. Hopefully I'm wrong about the O pains, I would feel bad not BDing if I am ovulating right now!! I suppose I will know by my temp tomorrow.

December 25th, 2013, 05:50 AM
You had plenty of BDing in leading up to if you did O already- but based on your temps doesn't sound like it.

I usually get very sore breasts right after O as well and it usually fades off after about 6DPO or so. When I was pregnant it only got worse though!

Hopefully you can get him to bd again today! Merry Christmas hope you enjoy your day!
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

December 25th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Courtney
Well we ended up BDing last night after all! DH totally surprised me. He wanted to "snuggle" last night before sleep, and then snuggling led to other things lol. I was pleasantly surprised, since he hasn't acted that interested in a while!

And I did have a bit of a temp spike today, so I'm guessing I either O'd yesterday or I'm going to O today. I remember last month I did the same thing, where I had a little temp spike right before the real temp spike for O. (Not sure if I'm making sense lol.) But I'm feeling good about our chances this month, anyway!

December 26th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Courtney
Well, I think I am in the 2WW now! Temp was a little higher today I'm guessing FF will give me my CH tomorrow I'm not sure if I'm 1 DPO or 2 DPO, but I'm going to go with 1 just so I don't test as early lol. It's nice to have that BDing pressure off anyway-- DH was not enjoying the scheduled activity!

December 26th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Courtney
I'm a little confused... I had a glob of EWCM today. I think I O'd already, is it normal to have EWCM a day or two after you O?? Maybe it's just weird for me, since this was the first cycle I even really HAD any EWCM (thanks to FertileCM, EPO, and Mucinex!! Lol) so I'm not used to seeing it at all, let alone after O.

Hopefully it doesn't mean that I haven't actually O'd yet...

December 26th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Courtney
So, I'm going a little crazy with the posts today, but whatever. I have a lot of emotions building up and the whole reason I wanted to do this journal was to prevent that from happening!

This 2 week wait is going to kill me, I can already tell. I have so many hopes for this cycle, because I really put forth my best effort, but that scares me to death because I don't want to be completely crushed when/if AF shows BUT, at the same time I don't want to be super negative and pessimistic, or as I like to call it, "realistic" (which is my excuse for anytime I'm being negative and pessimistic, to make it sound better lol).

I'm already trying to see signs of pregnancy... and I'm 2 DPO. This is not a good sign for me! I've just... I guess I had given up trying for the last several months, hadn't really been paying very much attention to my cycle or really trying to time things or anything. I had gotten so discouraged from not getting my BFP yet, and I was tired. Plus we have had a lot going on-- we have moved 4 times in the 16 months we've been married, and right now we're in the process of buying a house which should hopefully close sometime in January... one last move and finally we will be settled! So it has been a bit hectic of a start for us. Now we are feeling like we could stay here for a long time, we found this house that is PERFECT for us, and for raising a family, and life is (hopefully) slowing down a bit. So I guess I haven't really had as much time to focus on TTC until now, so I haven't stressed about it. We didn't use BC and we tried to time things as best we could (as in, if we felt like it), but we weren't really trying.

Now this month, I've done a lot- we BD'd 5 days in a row during the days before O and day of O, I used Mucinex and Preseed to give the swimmers some good stuff to swim in, I've been paying close attention to my body... I've done everything I know to do, and I feel like this might be my cycle, that maybe the waiting will finally pay off... but I am so afraid of disappointment. I don't want to have a meltdown at the end of the 2WW because, once again, I've had a BIG. FAT. NEGATIVE. I almost hate testing anymore because I hate that single line so, so much. I don't want to set myself up for disaster.

I'm already gathering together a game plan for next cycle, so maybe if I focus on that I won't focus so much on this cycle, and how it might end. I also need to stop obsessing about TTC lol. I've spent waaaayy too much time on here lately, and it's not really good. I don't work (wanted to be a SAHM, thought I would get pregnant right away, so didn't bother finding a job after marrying DH...) so I'm home all day long, which gives me lots of time to think about TTC and read about TTC and lurk and read everyone else's stories of TTC. It's starting to consume me a bit, and I don't like it. My house is getting messy, so it's time for me to back away a little bit lol.

I know this is a long, rambling post, and if anyone has actually read this all, I applaud you lol. In summary, for what I am feeling right now, I want to not obsess over this TWW, and try to focus my time and mind on other more productive things, while maintaining a hopeful--but not *too* hopeful--attitude about the possible outcome of this TWW

Okay, off to bed for me! I feel much better now, getting that all out!

December 27th, 2013, 08:17 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there I am Elle I just caught up on your journal and wanted to say hello and welcome to the board!!

First I really wanted to echo Kell's concern with the BCP I am not sure what you decided about that but it took my body 6 months to regulate after coming off of it and I have known many women to have those issues. I have heard of going on BCP before IVF before or for other medical reasons but I am not really sure why you would in your case.

I also took a peek at your chart it looks like you may not be able to temp at the same time every day and depending on weather you temped early or late on some of those days it looks like CD12 or 13. Your chart is looking oretty good so far and you do appear to be ovulating. The only thing is that since all 4 of your last temps dont appear to be from the "right time" that can really impact what your chart says.

it can be so stressful to know you did everything you can and not get your BFP. The lack of control when TTC is the worst part of it all. I have really let TTC consume my life for the past 2 years. I often try and take a step back and realize there is still a life to lead but I know how hard that is. It can be really hard not to start feeling negative but hang in there hun!! I am keeping my Fx for you that you will get your BFP soon!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

December 27th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Courtney
Hi Elle! I read through your journal and congratulations!! You had quite a journey leading up to this BFP, and I'm praying for a sticky bean for you. Sounds like everything's going well so far.

Yeah, I had my own misgivings about the BCP, so I've decided not to go with it. I would like to get DH to get a SA done, but I think that's about how far I'm interested in going, medically, for right now. Insurance won't cover anything, and we don't have the kind of cash for anything to check for more serious issues at this point.

Hehe, yeah, I'm a little bad about waking up at the same time every morning... *sheepish*. I try, I really do.... This month has actually been pretty good for me, I don't get up at the same time every day, but I've been pretty close, usually within an hour. In previous months I never paid any attention to what time, and I could always see a clear thermal shift at ovulation, so it hasn't been a huge deal. I've never had rocky charts like some, which is nice.

I'm about 97% sure I O'd on CD 13, just because of ovulation pains and breast tenderness that day, but we BD'd from CD 10 to CD 14 so we should be good! The only thing that's odd for me this cycle is the slowly climbing temps... usually I have a much more dramatic thermal shift and then an up-and-down pattern throughout the LP before a decent drop leading up to AF. So that's different for me, but not anything I'm concerned about.

My older sister had an ultrasound today to see the gender... it's a girl! I'm happy for her. I had a lot of... well, jealousy, when she got pregnant her second month trying, after I had been trying for close to a year (at that point) with no success.

And to add insult to injury, if she had a boy she was going to steal MY name for it, even though she knew I loved it! There is a story to that, though....

My DH lost his dad when he was 13. His Dad's name was James, and it also happens to be my DH's middle name. I've always LOVED the name James (ever since I saw the movie James and the Giant Peach as a kid...super weird movie, but for some reason I loved it), so it seemed so perfect to name our first boy after his dad.

Well, then at our wedding, my sister met--and quickly fell for--DH's brother. They got serious and got married this past June. I found out before they got married that my sister (well, mostly DH's brother) wants to name their first boy James after his dad, too. I was more than upset, and especially so when she got pregnant right away! Her husband was 9 when their dad passed, so my DH is the older son, AND has the name as his middle name. It just seems like he should get dibs, but it's pretty much turned into a competition of whoever has the first boy gets the name lol.

So I've been fighting that, because I want to be happy for my sister, and I don't want to be that kind of person who isn't happy for someone just because they are getting what I have wanted for so long. So, I was finally coming to grips with it. But I'm super happy to find out she is having a girl (although my DH keeps saying that they could be wrong and it could turn out to be a boy... not helpful, honey!).

Anyway, that was a super long explanation of something that's not really all that important, but yeah. Lol.

DH has been super cute lately. He keeps talking about "our baby" as though it is already conceived, which I hope it is!! And we have been discussing baby names. I like that kind of positive talk. I know if I'm not pregnant, all the positive talk in the world isn't going to make me be, but it's still nice to hear We both feel good about this month, since we pretty much did everything we could, but I'm also getting prepared for next month too, and am putting together a plan of attack

Okay, off to clean the house and get some laundry done--woohoo! Lol.

December 28th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Courtney
I had an awesome day today! DH and I drove to an auction in Tulsa and spent the day bidding on "treasures" It's about an hour and a half drive there, so we had to get up pretty early for us, and then we were at the auction place for close to 5 hours, and then the drive back. It was a long, exhausting day, but so much fun, and it was great to have a whole day together with DH We are slightly broke now, but I got to buy some great things for the new house...totally worth it

December 28th, 2013, 09:15 PM
bandriessen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love treasure hunting!! Whenever it comes time to do a nursery I want antique toys and vintage stuff for decor.
December 29th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Courtney
Oh that would be so cute!! I had never thought of doing that, but that's a great nursery idea.

We definitely had a blast at the auction. It was some good quality time for us

December 29th, 2013, 09:56 AM
bandriessen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes DH and I found an adorable late 1960's-early 1970's wooden lamp that's hand carved with a boy and a girl around the base and a cat curled up in a bed. When you twist the cat it plays music and thegirl sits in a rocking chair that rocks. It's adorable!!! I love old stuff like that.
December 30th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Courtney
Well, I'm not feeling so hot today. Yesterday I had a runny nose and was a little on the emotional side--which I could blame on PMS but that's really early, so I'm just going to say I was out of sorts! Today, I woke up feeling okay, started feeling kinda cruddy by late morning/early afternoon--nothing I could really pinpoint as "it hurts here" but just an overall "icky" feeling--and now I'm just feeling gross. Kinda nauseous and really feeling like I've got a bug of some sort I don't get sick very often so this is a bummer to me lol. It would be one thing to be nauseous because of pregnancy but it's way too early to attest anything to pregnancy, as much as my mind tries to Hopefully it doesn't last long!

In other news: I am 6 DPO today. Planning to test in 4 days!

December 31st, 2013, 09:46 AM
Courtney
I'm feeling much better today! I actually showered...and got dressed...and even did my hair! Lol. Now I have a buttload of house stuff to catch up on, because I have been lazy for way too long.

I was starting to feel discourage last night and this morning, because I just don't "feel" pregnant, even though I have no idea what it feels like lol. But then I remembered, I'm only 7 DPO! It's unlikely that implantation would have even occurred by now, and here I am worrying because of a lack of symptoms. I'm just silly sometimes. It's probably safe to assume that I won't have any real pregnancy symptoms until after I get a BFP, so I reeeaaalllly need to stop obsessing!

Anyway, that's it for now 7 DPO today. Probably testing in 3 days.

January 1st, 2014, 09:17 AM
I'm glad you're feeling better !

I know how that is too- obsessing over what we think we should feel like if we are pregnant. With my pregnancy I did feel symptoms like sore boobs and heaviness down there at about 9 dpo and got a bfp at 11. So it is possible... But I don't think you'd feel them quite yet! FX for you!! I'm one day behind you so we can be testing buddies
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search