Our journey...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2008, 03:26 AM
Super Mommy
Hi,

I am Fatima and i am from Johannesburg, South Africa.

Bilal (DH) and I have been together since January 2003, got engaged in August 2004 and married on 29 April 2006 (2 year anniversary around the corner!).

We always said we would give it a few years before TTC as we wanted to establish ourselves as well as enjoy each other's company as much as possible before the sleepless nights.

In Jan this year, Bilal took me away for my birthday, and that was when we decided to TTC.

He is quite calm about things and believes that things will happen when they are meant to. I, on the other hand, am i complete freak and don't deal to well eith things emotionally, especially when i wan things to go a certain way.

So it's been 2 cycles so far, just started my third. I would really like to surprise Bilal with a BFP when we go to Cape Town for our 2 year wedding anniversary next month, but whatever happens, happens.

I'd also just like to add that JM has been absolutely awesome. I know i don't post too much...but i really enjoy the whole support system and every single person here is awesome!

That's it for today...watch this space!

March 19th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Super Mommy
It's quite a cold day today, but slightly warmer than the last two. You would never say it was Autumn. Winter should only be starting in June!

Today I am on day 8 of my cycle. It's really hard for me to calculate when I'm going to O because sometimes my cycle is 30 days, and at other times it's 43 days. So i've worked it out that i'll either ovulate sometime this coming weekend, or a week later. I will do the BD both times just in case.

A bit frustrated tho coz we are are driving to Durban for Easter Weekend. Staying at my MIL's place = no BD what so ever (walls are too thin ha ha). There may be a chance at my Mum's but my room has two single beds so that ought to be interesting. We'll see how it goes!

Got tons of work to do today and tomorrow so i better get back to it.

March 25th, 2008, 02:57 AM
Super Mommy
So i'm back at work today after the long weekend. Our trip was great. We drive back at 2am yesterday and arrived home at 7am. We were exhausted!

I am on CD 14 which means that i could be O'ing. So i guess i'll be BD'ing every second day from yesterday for another two weeks or so (just to make sure all possible O days are covered!).

I really want this to be the cycle for us. I am praying that it is!

I also decided that I have to be serious about this so i am watching what i'm eating and taking my folic acid because i want to be as healthy as i can and also do whatever it takes to get a healthy baby.

Well, that's it for today. I guess the excitement only starts once i'm in the 2ww!

March 31st, 2008, 05:18 AM
Super Mommy
Hellow again!

Today is CD 20. I figured that if i O'ed on the CD12 i should be covered coz we BD'd on the 20th and 24th. And if i O'd on CDs after that I should also be fine coz we did our fair share of BD this past weekend. I still have to keep at it though in the event that I only O this week. (confusing, i know!)

Then the dreaded wait begins! aaaah!

I'm trying to think of all the cool ways I can tell DH if i get a BFP this month. It will take real strength and determination to not tell him a.s.a.p but i want to do it in a memorable way.

I am also pretty proud of myself coz I lost 2.5 kg! (5.6 pounds) I have been trying really hard, but weekends are just difficult!

After friday i'll officially be in the 2ww, so til then...

April 3rd, 2008, 11:11 PM
Super Mommy
So according to my ticker, today is "O" day. As i've mentioned before, i can't be too sure whether or not it really is. I'm trying to go on CM but i'm kinda sucky at that!

We BD'd last night and i sat for quite some time with a pillow underneath and my legs stuck up in the air saying 'swim spermies swim' while DH just looked at me and laughed. He's been really good with me, trying to make me take it easy and not stress so much.

I really want this cycle to be the one. I know i shouldn't but i'm expecting a BFP at the end of the month. I'll probably fall apart if i don't get one, but i know i should trust in God and it'll only happen when it's my time.

Otherwise, TGIF!

April 16th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Super Mommy
Ok, now i'm really confused...

I had terrible cramping lasy week Thursday (CD 30). I really thought AF would show her ugly face. But still...no AF. It got me thinking that it could have been O pains, in which case i could be covered coz we BD's on that evening, the next evening and that Sunday.

Today is CD 36 and i am waiting patiently. I don't feel too good. Was very light headed last night and couldn't finish my dinner. I feel pretty weak today and have been having light cramping and light CM. Any ideas!

I have promised myself not to test until CD 43 (1 week from now) which is going to be bloody difficult but it's the only logical option. And if i did O on the 10th, then CD43 will be 13DPO.

Well, cross your crossables and wish me luck!

April 24th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Super Mommy
So i really don't know what's up with my body now...

I did a hpt on what i think was CD 40 and 10DPO and i got a BFN

On Tuesday i started getting really bad sharp pains in my abdomen and went to the doctor to see what's going on. She did a urine sample and i got anothe BFN, but she did discover that i had a bladder infection. She rpescribed meds which are safe for pregnancy just in case. She said i'm still in until AF shows and suggested i do a blood test. I was hestiant seeing that i'd probably spend the R100 and then get AF once i got home!

My longest cycle (as i've mentioned about a million times) was 43 days and today i'm on CD 44 ...new record! I'm trying not to get too excited. I will be testing tomorrow on CD45 with FMU.

If i still get a BFN and no AF by Monday i will go for a blood test on Tuesday.

will KUP

April 29th, 2008, 03:28 AM
Super Mommy
Today is my 2 year wedding anniversary! Yay

We are back from Cape Town...and still no AF! What is going on?

I am officially on CD 49 (wow, i know!).

I am contemplating going for a blood test after work, but we'll see. sigh.

May 16th, 2008, 02:33 AM
Super Mommy
Well, I didn't end up going for a blood test but did waste some more money on hpts!

AF showed on CD 56, my longest cycle ever. After that i kinda figuered that my body is not in good shape so i've been watching what I eat. My period lasted 6 days which is normal and i'm now on CD 10. I've ordered OPKs but they haven't arrived yet so i hope i don't O anytime soon. I also bought my thermometer and started temping last night.

I really hope that we catch the eggie this time round. I feel alot healthier and have lost 4 kg (9 pounds) so far. I want to make this happend and I am going to do everything I possibly can to help.

Please send tonsa binary baby dust this way

May 27th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Super Mommy
So i am now on my 4th cycle of TTC. Things are looking positive but i really don't want to jinx myself!

I started charting this month on FF as well as temping and I must say that it is so good to be able to see what's happening with your body. FF marked my O day as last week Monday. I am a bit doubtful, but then it could be right coz i took two opks on the 22nd and 23rd and it was getting lighter, as if it was dark previously. I really hope that we caught the eggie!

So today I am 8 DPO. I had a temp dip yesterday which i'm hoping was a sign of implantation, but as FF says, it doesn't mean anything until you get your BFP.

I'll be testing on Saturday (12 DPO) so i'll keep ya posted on what happens.

Please send some baby dust my way!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search