Do you...?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Siggy Makers' Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2011, 06:07 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Do you tell your dh/so about every single purchase you make?
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
January 21st, 2011, 06:12 AM
Julka
Yep. Not necessarily what I bought, but I give him all my receipts and he logs them into our budget every Sunday to ensure we aren't going over. I usually write on the receipt what it was for, i.e. Julia's budget, Christmas budget, household, etc. But this is only for when I go shopping. Groceries and such, he just goes on our bank website and gets all the transactions from there. I only give him receipts for stores he might not know what they are.
January 21st, 2011, 06:19 AM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
not everything. he pays the bills so he does see what I spend on the credit card. I do have my on personal bank account that a very small amt of money from my weekly paycheck goes into - that is all mine to spend. Which its now more like an extra savings.
January 21st, 2011, 06:24 AM
Kit Kat's Avatar Photoshop Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to Kit Kat
Yeah. I don't have to because I use my paypal money for them, but he likes hearing what I bought.

January 21st, 2011, 06:36 AM
Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*'s Avatar aka Heather!
No not really. We both earn about the same money so I don't tell him about small things. Anything over like $100, I usually let him know and big items we always discuss before buying. He pretty much doesn't care what I buy, but that is because I don't spend much on non-necessities. I am more frugal then he is actually.

My Siggy Gallery ~ Request a Siggy ~ My Blog ~ My Page Gallery
January 21st, 2011, 06:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
about half the time. Since I have to get cash from him I usually do, but if it's something small I get on my own, no.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
January 21st, 2011, 06:59 AM
Timberlyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Timberlyn Send a message via MSN to Timberlyn Send a message via Yahoo to Timberlyn
Yes I do... And it drives him crazy...

Timberlyn loving wife to Tommy (since June 22nd, 2006)
Proud Mommy to Aedan Thomas (June 14th, 2007), Gage Lawrence (August 23rd, 2008) & Callum Michael (September 18th, 2011)
Missing her Angel Judith Aleigh (since September 19th, 2007) & BabyD (since August 26th, 2010)
January 21st, 2011, 07:02 AM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
Yes, but I rarely ever buy anything. We don't have credit cards so if I want to get something online I have to call him at work because I can't ever remember the expiration date on our bank card And I really don't ever go to the store and buy things unless he's with me, because I don't much fancy dragging 4 kids into a store with no backup.

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
January 21st, 2011, 07:22 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
mostly yes cause its comes from his paypal, if i pay then not always

January 21st, 2011, 08:10 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
yes....even though he always tells me "you dont have to tell me what you are buying/bought" lol but ehh i dont work...so i tell him...not that i spend much money on myself anyways....its usually just groceries and stuff for the kids or him

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

January 21st, 2011, 09:16 AM
peimum's Avatar life blows sometimes.
Send a message via MSN to peimum Send a message via Skype™ to peimum
I handle the money in our house. DH has no concept of how much money he goes through. I often have to take his debit card away from him, just so we can keep food in the house. I know, it sounds pathetic; and quite frankly, it annoys me, but I deal with it, lol. He is trying to quit smoking, again, however, I did not drop his smokes money off my very unorganized budget plan.

But to answer the question at hand, no, I hardly ever tell him, because he never even looks at the bank account, it would be a wasted conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julka View Post
Yep. Not necessarily what I bought, but I give him all my receipts and he logs them into our budget every Sunday to ensure we aren't going over. I usually write on the receipt what it was for, i.e. Julia's budget, Christmas budget, household, etc. But this is only for when I go shopping. Groceries and such, he just goes on our bank website and gets all the transactions from there. I only give him receipts for stores he might not know what they are.
omg. I only WISH my dh would work with me on a budget. You guys are so organized!
January 21st, 2011, 09:39 AM
Julka
^ LOL. Well, my hubby worked at a bank for a good 5 years to support himself while at university and full time during the summers until he graduated and got a job in his field. But because of his bank experience, he is very good with money and finances and he created a really detailed Excel spreadsheet that he updates every Sunday. He even created the same one for his sister and walked her through on how to use it. So yah lol we are pretty organized in that sense.
January 21st, 2011, 11:26 AM
Castaway
Nope. He doesn't care either. I tell him later and he's like meh whatever.

I told him about wanting to put a photo stdio in my basement and how expensive it would be, he told me to do it cause it's what I really want.

January 21st, 2011, 11:41 AM
Linzie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Linzie
I do sometimes. I have a habit of asking if I can buy something and he tells me EVERY SINGLE TIME "You don't have to ask me! You know how much money we have and what we have coming up. If it can work, do it." I'm a SAHM and I don't bring in any income so I don't feel like the money is "mine" and I don't feel comfortable spending if he doesn't "give me permission".

January 21st, 2011, 12:09 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
Yes thats why I very very rarely get paid kits. I have to have a reason for getting them (birthdays and such normally). We only have 1 income, dh's, and the paypal accnt is his since its linked to our bank account so I have no choice but to ask him (since I dont know the paypal password, its this crazy thing I can never remember), and even if I did find a way to buy it without asking, he'd know because he gets emails every time the paypal is used and it notify's his phone.

January 21st, 2011, 12:19 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely not. I do most of the shopping....groceries, kids clothes, house things....only time I tell him if I bought something specific is if it is an expensive item.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

Tags
finances , gtky , money , relationships

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search