Suggestion time.....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes
  • 1 Post By peimum
  • 3 Post By Julka
  • 4 Post By *Kiliki*
  • 1 Post By Quantum_Leap
  • 3 Post By AlyAlways
  • 2 Post By .:Shortcake:.
  • 3 Post By Julka

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Siggy Makers' Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2012, 07:12 AM
peimum's Avatar life blows sometimes.
Send a message via MSN to peimum Send a message via Skype™ to peimum
Okay ladies, I can't help but notice that the board just seems to be getting more and more quiet. I wish I could understand why, but, I am no mind reader, nor are Sam and Jenn.... so, if you could please use this thread to tell us what you would like out of the board. What do you think would bring the board back to life? Why do you think everyone is so quiet?
Oona likes this.

Last edited by peimum; March 1st, 2012 at 07:25 AM.
March 1st, 2012, 12:30 PM
Julka
I am not sure, I think I am losing interest. A big part of this board (for me) was not just making siggies, but also sort-of competing against makers my own level and all those makers are now gone, so I feel a bit of a disconnect with siggies r us now. As far as bringing "new people", well there was a newbie asking for CC and she got 1 response; I think at least the hosts have an obligation to reply to newbies; kinda hard to improve when no one offers advice.
March 1st, 2012, 01:12 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
i dunno i just like making siggies the whole competition part of it all has lost interest for me...i really do not care much about that portion of the board anymore

and on that note i do not really like how yall did the choosing for the final poll...if i would have known i was the only one picking siggies i never would have...i dont think thats fair for one person to choose the top 3 and then have all theirs in the poll....if you are gonna do it that way then you need to at least use the top 3 people who had the most nom'd siggies not just one person

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

March 1st, 2012, 03:38 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
It's not you guys, it's all of JM. There are almost never any new posts on any of the boards I used to frequent any more. Everyone has abandoned JM and is using their iphones to go to Facebook instead. It's definitely not your fault, but I think that JM is going the way of the dinosaurs.
.h00dihoo.this. likes this.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
March 1st, 2012, 03:46 PM
Regular
I'm not sure. I'm new here so all I can really say is that I haven't really felt welcome. Lol. I tried to participate in the December Daily Challenge that was going on but it was stopped in the middle of the whole thing. I think more consistency will be good.
March 1st, 2012, 11:13 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
Yes i agree JM as a whole is disapearing, Facebook is the new JM as in groups, its easier for people

March 2nd, 2012, 12:20 PM
Babydoll213's Avatar Brown Eyed Beauty
I haven't really been around to know what this board was like.I'm mainly here to fill FFA simply because it makes me happy to make a siggie.I could honestly say that I don't care for competition or winning polls.

Last edited by Babydoll213; March 7th, 2012 at 09:52 AM.
March 3rd, 2012, 12:02 PM
Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*'s Avatar aka Heather!
I think the ladies that said JM is dead right now, are right. I know over at digi-scrap we are dead, not that I have been a fab co-host either, but it does get discouraging posting something and have 40 views with 1 or 2 responses at most. Most everyone from JM that I am friends with I am friends with on FB and talk to them there. I know forums my DH is on have died off a lot in the last year in the wake of FB groups and such. So I think it is just sort of all over, not just JM.

As for siggy making....well I do them when I have time and I have been blasted for CT pages the last 2-3 weeks so siggy making is a "if I can squeeze it in" project.

My Siggy Gallery ~ Request a Siggy ~ My Blog ~ My Page Gallery
March 4th, 2012, 11:43 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
i actually miss the siggy board.. what it once was.. im not friends with like half the people that i used to be even on FB so i've just lost the connection.. i know for me i started to stop coming here when i wasnt understanding what the H people were posting about.. i just felt really out of the loop and uninvolved.. so i just stopped coming, stopped making siggies, though huge portion of stop making siggies happened when i had Van, just didn't have time anymore

if JM had an app, i'd probably use it a lot more.. but i like that i can read posts on FB, without having to click to open them, up.. so i dont have to sit around and wait for the page to load to see if i even want to reply or not lol
March 5th, 2012, 08:28 AM
sugary~snails's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't had interest in making signatures in a long time..and it's not like I was ever stellar at it to begin with..so I didn't mind moving on. In rarely in here anymore. Facebook is easier. I do miss it though. More organized and such..but until jm has an app I see it dying more and more.
March 5th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
I am still here and occasionally make siggies, still love making them. I don't think it's anything the hosts are doing wrong i think like others have said it's the facebook groups, they are just easier and more accessible for many, i miss the board being active though

March 5th, 2012, 10:08 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
This might just be my opinion but I'm going to throw this out there. I honestly think that eventually people's lives change and they have other priorities. There are a lot of people that used to make siggies that don't post on JM period anymore and then there are new people who would love to learn how to make siggies but don't feel comfortable coming here. I think to get the board going again it's going to take recruiting people who want to learn how to make siggies, also PMing makers who don't post here anymore and seeing if they will help posting threads and replying to threads and helping new people start out. When there have been a few people who start to post here they do not seem to get any or very few responses and then they get discouraged and they don't post here again. I also think that if you got some new people started it might also interest some of the older siggy makers to come back. I think that the competition was a big part of the board for a lot of makers and with only a few people left still posting and most of them being the beginner or intermediate makers it was not fun anymore for the advanced/expert makers. The fun needs to be brought back into it and when a board has hardly anyone posting on it or just a small amount of people it becomes boring.

I do agree that JM as a whole has less people posting on it but there are plenty of boards that still are active and have a lot of people posting on them. I do think that if they do not get an app that it will eventually become a dead forum but right now there are people still around.
Quantum_Leap and JMC1988 like this.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

March 5th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just have been soooo busy with work and buying a house. I do think that all boards are just slowing down...like my Playroom---everyone only really posts on FB. I do love JM but I do love the privacy that FB has to offer.
March 6th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by .h00dihoo.this. View Post
i actually miss the siggy board.. what it once was.. im not friends with like half the people that i used to be even on FB so i've just lost the connection.. i know for me i started to stop coming here when i wasnt understanding what the H people were posting about.. i just felt really out of the loop and uninvolved.. so i just stopped coming, stopped making siggies, though huge portion of stop making siggies happened when i had Van, just didn't have time anymore
I agree with the bolded completely. I really feel like most of the people I used to know well are gone, and the people who are still here are people I don't know very well. That's why I tried to start the "Siggy Maker of the Week" thing, so that we could get to know each other a bit better, but hardly anyone participated.

What about just doing some more basic, getting-to-know-you type stuff? Like Day in the Life, picture girl, or whatever. Not siggy-related.

I do think that the "matchmaker siggy" thing is a really great idea. I'm looking forward to participating if there's ever a month when I have any free time.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
March 6th, 2012, 08:58 AM
peimum's Avatar life blows sometimes.
Send a message via MSN to peimum Send a message via Skype™ to peimum
I appreciate everyone's input. I know life gets in the way, and facebook is taking over the world..... I also miss the people that used to be around every day. 3 years ago when I was on bedrest in the hospital and spent half my day on JM and the other half sleeping, I got to know a lot of great ladies, and learned so much from so many. I have a million thoughts running through my head.... I like the recruiting idea, and I am thinking also about a siggy makers reunion.....
March 6th, 2012, 05:15 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
i thought it was funny that last month when i was in the Oct DDC.. i was listed in the top 3 posters for the day...

it seems the DDCs are banging AIP was near the top of the top 50 boards for the month, which i go to a lot as well.. esp the last 3 months since i had back to back, and back pregnancies.. but a lot of the boards here have died off. like the playrooms and such.. everyone in DDCs will add eachother on facebook soon enough and theres a fb group for that DDC now... i actually miss JM when it used to be the cool place that people got introuble with from their DH's because they spend to much time on the computer LOLLL.. i miss those days!
March 7th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Babydoll213's Avatar Brown Eyed Beauty
Wanted to add that other boards where I participate are offering the new timeline banners for facebook and those are really popular right now
March 7th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Julka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babydoll213 View Post
Wanted to add that other boards where I participate are offering the new timeline banners for facebook and those are really popular right now
Not really helping people to stay on JM, is it? Plus, our whole guidelines are focused on making requests to be used on JM.
March 7th, 2012, 04:33 PM
cavewoman's Avatar our miracle is here!! <3
My DDC is really active.. but its only because we have as a whole pretty much decided not to make a FB group because if we did.. we know it would just die.

I'm gonna go ahead and blame FB for the lack of JM posting as a whole though.. that and people have lives and just things have changed for a LOT of us on here. Lots of babies, babies on the way, etc.

ask me about doTERRA essential oils!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search