Anyone need some help/pointers....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By *Sharon*
  • 1 Post By Bokkechick
  • 1 Post By Vicki...

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Siggy Makers' Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2012, 06:11 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
for making a scene siggy for this months MSC? If so please ask. We have makers on here that have done hundreds of them.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

Last edited by *Sharon*; November 12th, 2012 at 06:36 AM.
November 12th, 2012, 09:29 PM
peimum's Avatar life blows sometimes.
Send a message via MSN to peimum Send a message via Skype™ to peimum
I need to get some good pictures first.......... i wanted to do outdoor fall pictures, but the kids doctor made it very clear that we should keep the kids away from the leaves because they could flare up the asthma....... *sigh*
November 13th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Bokkechick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would love to learn how to do the perspective shadows...I used to have a plug-in, but it seems like it doesn't work on the latest version of PSCS?!?! Also can't figure out how to animate on this version...aargh!
November 13th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I don't have PSCS. I have elements. I make my own perspective shadows. I've never had a plugin for that. And I think that what I do would be pretty much the same on PSCS, but I've never used it so I'm not sure.

i.e. The leaves on the ground and the bird standing on the ground in this siggy.

i.e. And the snail, leaves, flower on the ground in this siggy.

I do this all the time. So if this is what you are curious about here is what I do. I know others may do it differently. But I figured this out myself and it works well.

Perspective Shadows:
1. Place the element where you want it. (usually on the "ground" or one something that the shadow would be cast on).

2. Duplicate that layer. (i.e. the element)

3. *For shadow right under - Use the box that highlights around the element make it shorter (adjust from the top only). Much shorter. So that only a little is left at the bottom.

*For skewed shadow- If you want the shadow to be off to one side the same steps work, except use the skew option to make it off to one side. Shorter and skewed for an angle.

4. Put the shadow layer behind the element layer it's shadowing. Usually you don't need to move it at all. Just send it back 1 layer.

5. Go to Enhance>Adjust Color>Adjust Hue/Saturation. Under the lightness bar make it -100 (all the way to the dark side). The element should now be black.

6. Use Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur. Usually I use 2.0. Sometimes more or less depending.

7. Then adjust the transparency of the layer until it looks like a shadow.

That's it. I hope this works on CS. It's really easy. Just copy the layer, make it black, shorten it, send it back, blur it, make it partially transparent.
Bokkechick likes this.

Last edited by *Sharon*; November 13th, 2012 at 02:24 PM.
November 13th, 2012, 01:56 PM
making some pics to go with the steps

November 13th, 2012, 03:57 PM
You are a honey and a half!!...I will try that. I used to do a drop shadow, and then give that it's own layer, but your method is prettier! Thank you, Ms S!
November 13th, 2012, 05:27 PM
You're welcome!

November 13th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Like a charm...you rock!
*Sharon* likes this.
November 13th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Awesome!

November 16th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
I have a question, i am a pse newbie and really want to know how do you make the test look like the text in my siggy, can you do that in pse???

November 16th, 2012, 09:42 PM
I do similar effects to that in PSE. There is probably a plugin for it. But this is what I do. A plug in would be faster. lol

1. Type in the text. Larger font size and thicker fonts work much better for this effect. And with this effect the texts becomes darker than the original color you pick, so I pick a lighter color than I actually want. Though you can always adjust that later as well.

2. Duplicate the layer.

3. Go to Effects>Wow Plastic. Choose the clear plastic option.

4. Go to Layer>Layer Style>Scale Effects and adjust the levels until the shine amount is how you want it on the text.

5. It has an automatic drop shadow and outer glow. The drop shadow is way too far away from the text. So go to Layer>Layer Style>Style Settings. Lower the distance and the size, distance, and opacity under the drop shadow section until you get it how you want the shadow to be. While you are here give it a stroke as well. Usually I use size 2 in white. Also under this section you can also remove the outer glow if you want.

That's all. But if you want you can adjust the color, by adjust the original layer.

November 16th, 2012, 10:10 PM
OR this is another one....a bit closer to Kristy's I think. And faster

1. Type your text.

2. Effects>Glass Buttons>Translucent (leaves it the color you have the text, but a bit lighter and less saturated).

3. Layer>Layer Style>Scale Effects and adjust the levels until the shine amount is how you want it on the text. (for this example I choose "11")

4. Layer>Layer Style>Style Settings. Add stroke and drop shadow. And you can also get rid of the glow if you want under this setting, though that doesn't make much difference. For this example I did a white size 2 stroke. And for the drop shadow - size 4, distance 5, opacity 30. But of course you can adust those whoever you want.

November 17th, 2012, 10:21 AM
I think that I have scale issues, Sharon...LOL. I just can't visualize it...And the backgrounds baffle me.
November 18th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
Here's my attempt at it, i need to practice a bit more mine does not look nearly as good as either of yours
*Sharon* likes this.

November 18th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Backgrounds.
Are just masks, which you use. What baffles you? Sometimes I use scene papers or room papers. So that already sets it up as a scene. i.e. This isn't a siggy, but you can see that the paper has walls and a carpet for a room.

i.e. But most of my siggies don't already have an outdoor scene/room paper. I add elements or change the paper to make it look like a scene. You can just take a paper and select the top part and make that bluish for a sky and make the bottom part greenish for grass. Then just add grass elements, flower elements, or what have you to make it work.

i.e. If the pics have a nice background I use it. In this one I used the background pic of the little girl cralwing. But the older sister was also sitting in the background. I took her out and cloned in the background to fill in the space. And I cloned parts of the background to make it bigger so it would be enough for the whole siggy from just the one pic. Then I cut out the older girl from another photo and added her. And then added the flowers, lightening bugs, the frames with the smaller pics, and used a few brushes to make it pretty.

Scale.
It can be tricky at first to know what size to make the element. But just size it down smaller and then drag it over to your siggy. Then adjust it from there. Make it smaller using the outside box by either holding down the alt key while resizing it to keep the proportions. Or when you have the box around it showing on the top (on PSE anyway) you can resize the element by a percent as well. Often times scale doesn't look realistic. But it can still look super cute.

i.e. The flower on the left side is much taller than a daisy would really be next to a girl. But I thought it looked cute.

Don't over think it. Sometimes I really do try to make it look more realistic, but we are creating magical scenes here....even if they are somewhat a realistic scene. Things don't HAVE to be to actual scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki... View Post
Here's my attempt at it, i need to practice a bit more mine does not look nearly as good as either of yours
Looks like you used the Wow Plastic effect. That's how mine comes out as well. To help the text pop you can use the white stroke with a drop shadow as well. But this looks right to me for the Wow Plastic effect.

Last edited by *Sharon*; November 18th, 2012 at 05:24 PM.
November 18th, 2012, 05:45 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki... View Post
looks good!! i used a plugin in for mine
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search