Teens with cell phones

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By *Sharon*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Siggy Makers' Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2013, 04:53 PM
peimum's Avatar life blows sometimes.
Send a message via MSN to peimum Send a message via Skype™ to peimum
So, the company that I work for will soon be launching cell phones. This is why I was away over the weekend, and I have two more trips before the end of the month. Our family will be joining the cell phone world when the launch happens. DH, DSS and myself will each be getting one. Though Gabriella thinks she needs one, she will be 7 in a week and a half (anyone want to make her a siggy?), and I don't think she needs one just yet.

So in all of this, I am faced with the fact that Christian is a typical 16 year old, and I want to make sure it is clear to him that the cell phone is a privilledge, not a right. Since he is not able to work (because he is not Canadian) he can't get a job to pay his own bill, so he will have extra chores around the house to make it more like he is earning it.

So, I found this contract while searching on pinterest.... I think it is pretty good, but I am wondering if it might be a little to harsh... what do you guys think?

http://www.holy-craft.com/2012/08/teenage-cell-phone-contract.html

I work with a 17 year old, and she said that if her parents wanted her to sign something like it, she would reconsider wanting a cell phone, lol.
February 5th, 2013, 05:36 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
I do not think it is harsh at all..rai is 12 has one but I want to print that out for her lol...

And I will make you a sight pm me the pics and info
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

February 5th, 2013, 07:09 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think all those rules sound very reasonable.
peimum likes this.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

February 5th, 2013, 07:35 PM
peimum's Avatar life blows sometimes.
Send a message via MSN to peimum Send a message via Skype™ to peimum
I let Christian read them tonight, and her thought that I was joking! I told him that if I am going to pay for him to have a cell phone, it is MY property, not his and if I want to see it, I get to! Plus, I told him that he needs to learn that things in life are not free, and nothing is owed to him. He was extremely spoiled before DH and I met.... and I think that my putting rules into his life is part of the reason he does not feel the need to respect me..... so I told him, he follows my rules, or I will give the phone to Gabby instead
February 6th, 2013, 02:56 AM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
I just told mine the rules! They got pay as you go phones, so no bills to pay,when they started High school (age 11/12) and if they don't follow the rules they don't get credit on their phones, simple as that! Lucas must follow all rules as we bought him his ohone and pay for his credit, Rheiya follows certain rules as she bought her own phone, but we pay for her credit and Elijah follows very few of the rules as she bought her own phone and pays for her own credit. At 17 and in her last year of High School I don't feel I have the right to interfere in her phone usage, after all legally she can leave home, get married and start a family, so I can't treat her like a child when it comes to her phone

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search