Where is everyone now ???

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Bokkechick
  • 1 Post By *Sharon*
  • 1 Post By *Kiliki*
  • 1 Post By Bokkechick

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Siggy Makers' Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 10th, 2013, 02:48 AM
~* Helen *~'s Avatar A Prince And 2 Princess's
It seem so quite here now ?? The siggy request bit is so so quite .. where are the days when it would be buzzing with request .. now it seems to be only 1 or 2 a day if that ??
Are people just not requesting now .. or is facebook to blame ???
September 10th, 2013, 03:46 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
there are days where there are more requests than others but yeah it seems even that has died down a bit

September 10th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Bokkechick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't know what happened...I was away for a long while too. I am not on everyone's FB so I really don't know, but when I came back things had died down ALOT.
September 10th, 2013, 05:34 AM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
there are very few requests lately, I think facebook has allot to do with it, our playroom along with most peoples have facebook groups

September 10th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Thats a shame .. I thought facebook would be to blame. I guess because on there everything is instant regarding posts etc. Its oddly eerie here where it is so so quiet
September 10th, 2013, 09:30 AM
peimum's Avatar life blows sometimes.
Send a message via MSN to peimum Send a message via Skype™ to peimum
a lot of JM groups have facebook groups now.... if JM had an app, I think that things would pick up again.
September 10th, 2013, 12:13 PM
SO why doesn't Siggies R Us have a Facebook page?! :-)
~* Helen *~ likes this.
September 13th, 2013, 07:53 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think there is no page because it would encourage even less JM activity. If you could make a siggy requet on FB then we would probably get hardly any on JM. And if on JM we had a Maker's FB page the Lounge would be even more of a ghost town than it is already. Do you know what I mean?

It has been quiet. And I feel that as a host I should be doing more, but it is hard to find the time. I love SRU and want it to thrive. Sometimes I think I should resign from hosting so that one of our more active members can host, but where there was a host opening no one filled it for a looooong time until I did. And I do most of the polls and everything. And I enjoy that. But it would be great to have help posting fun threads and such in the Lounge.

I would like to see the siggy board more active again as well. Right now we are adjusting to our new lives with the kids in school. Maybe I can plan a little time everyday/almost everyday to get on the computer now that it is just Zane and I at home. For more threads and such in the Lounge.

I'm very open to thoughts/ideas on what makers would like to have happen to keep the board more fun for us. I will post a September Monthly Siggy Challenge. We haven't had a MSC in a bit. We stopped because there were little to no entries in the last couple. But that is mainly because there aren't many makers.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

September 13th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Sharon you are a fantastic host!!! I wish Gwyn and Jenn were around more often (sorry ladies not trying to be mean! Love ya both I swear!!!) Or let someone else more active take over...because this board is really dying down....makes me sad.....and Sharon if you need any help with any thing just PM and let me know

September 13th, 2013, 08:22 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you Kristy!!! You are one of our Super Makers! I don't know what this board would do without you, Yvonne, and Beverley......
*Kiliki* likes this.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

September 13th, 2013, 03:34 PM
peimum's Avatar life blows sometimes.
Send a message via MSN to peimum Send a message via Skype™ to peimum
I am crummy and I know it Work has taken over my life sadly. I want to be more active, really I do. We are hiring 3 new people next week. Hopefully they stick and I can work a normal work week.
September 13th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Even though been back a short time .. but I miss how busy this place used to be. I used to remember responding to like 3-6 requests a day!! I'm trying to be more active as I really enjoy siggy making. Anything I can do let me know!
September 13th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peimum View Post
I am crummy and I know it Work has taken over my life sadly. I want to be more active, really I do. We are hiring 3 new people next week. Hopefully they stick and I can work a normal work week.
Ohhh that would nice!!!! Sucks when there aren't people at your work to actually WORK lmao
Bokkechick likes this.

September 16th, 2013, 07:02 AM
You're awfully sweet to me, Sharon!! I was trying when I initially got back, but when there was often only a couple of people responding, and one host I don't even know...I just gave up, I think. It's just not FUN when it's not active/interactive!! I like to chat...and waiting days for responses OR people only responding to certain people, it just turns me off completely. I love my active homies...:-)

PS Just joking about the SRU page...or I should say that I didn't mean as a REQUESTS page...I meant more as a chat/catch up page. I wouldn't do requests as I only add people as "friends" that I feel like I know...I am not a volume kinda girl ;-)
peimum likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search