Travel System Reviews

Product Reviews & Recalls

For links and information on baby/children's products that have been recalled.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Product Reviews & Recalls LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2011, 06:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
The following reviews and advice were given by members or former members on travel systems:

In 2011:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
Based on what I know of carseat safety, ease of use, and practicality...the top runner in my book is the Graco Quattro Tour with a seat that goes to either 32 or 35lbs. They will get you way futher for your money and are much easier to install in a car. I know that Eddie Bauer is not a great choice in terms of safety...they have a lot of recalls, something that would worry me with the life of my child I hope you like the one you pick. Another good choice is the Chicco KeyFit 30. Just if you wanted more options.

In 2009:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylin08
i love my chicco, very easy to use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bobbie*
I love my Chicco too! But my little guy is only 5 weeks old. No complaints yet I am taking it to Disney in two weeks....so that will be the real test!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyMama
I'm jumping on the Chicco bandwagon. The carseat is so easy to install and easy to use. And the stroller is easy to unfold with one hand and it maneuvers so smoothly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M!che!!e
as of last consumer reports the graco snugride actually placed in 4th. the chicco keyfit is the safest, followed by the britax companion and then the peg perego primo viaggio and then it is the graco snugride.

i vote for the cortina! if i didn't have a peg perego stroller already i would have bought the chicco, but i got the primo viaggio for my son.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samspain
I have the chicco CT01 (similar to the cortina, but for the european market) and its fantastic, steers really well, is well made and the car seat is so easy to fit, and allows little babies to lie back a tiny bit more than some others we saw. The only comment about the cortina is that it doesnt have ajustable leg rests, but thats not major.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1970
Just popping in and I have the Chicco travel system as well and I love it. The only thing I wish I would have done was bought the carseat separately from the stroller. The travel system seat only goes to 22 lbs and the seat sold separately goes to 30lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM
There are one or two patterns that come with the keyfit 30 carseat. I found them on Amazon.com and one on BRU. Unfortunately the one at BRU is out of stock and my local store says they have yet to get one. Look very carefully though- because there were one or two on amazon that said keyfit 30, but when I read the description it only listed to 22 lbs (there are a few that list to 30 though.)

Amazon.com: Chicco Cortina Keyfit 30 Travel System - Miro: Baby

Amazon.com: Chicco Cortina KeyFit 30 Travel System in Adventure: Baby

There are a few negative comments on the stroller though- that babies outgrow it on shoulder width really young and there is no way one would fit up to the 50 pound weight limit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ::er!ca::
Please visit the Car Seat Safety board for all of your car seat questions!!

Also, please don't rely on the consumer reports for safety ratings. There are no safety ratings on car seats. All car seats on the market have passed the exact same safety testing in the United States.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda C
I had a Graco travel system with her that I loved and used all the time but now I'm having a boy so I need a new one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaonCloud9
Here is a Consumer Reports rating report of the overall satisfaction with different infant carriers. Once you find the carrier you like, most of them have matching strollers. Cosco is not on the list though.

In 2008:
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcgirl05
Okay...so my in laws got me the quattro duo Catalina travel system that I asked for, I have a safe seat from my daughter but I hate it because it's huge and really heavy... Oh, and the graco travel system I have is just a quattro duo, not the "deluxe" model so it's not absolutely HUGE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*mama2jack&mack*~
I have the Chicco Cortina travel system and i totally love it. One of the reasons i got it was because it weighed less than the Graco. I would definitely recommend the Chicco system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beg981s
Gotta go with the Chicco! I have several Chicco products--highchair, stroller, carseat, pack n Play and LOVE them all. The carseat is very heavy (IMO) BUT the base is nearly impossible to install incorrectly--hence the rave reviews. I would buy this seat again and again!

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
March 1st, 2011, 06:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
In 2009:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M!che!!e
What kind of a stroller do you have, or have you used?
i have had three strollers, an eddie bauer travel system (SUCKED! and the car seat was a nightmare), a peg perego aria (love love LOVE that stroller) and now i have a joovy caboose which i can't wait to use.
What features do you like about it?
i love my peg because it is extremely light weight, making it easy for travelling and going to the mall. the quality of the stroller is fantastic with easy maneuverability. i like the joovy because dd can sit buckled in the back or stand and i can tell already it will be easy to push. plus, it has a universal car seat adaptor that fits my peg perego primo viaggio perfectly. something that the sit n stand doesn't have.
What features do you not like about it?
with the peg i didn't like the cupholder was a pita to install. with the joovy it has no cupholder forcing me to purchase a caddy to go over the handlebar. besides that, no other issues. the eddie bauer travel system was WAY TOO HEAVY to lift or unfold, especially after i had a c section. the car seat that came with it was an absolute pos and if i was more educated prior to purchasing it i would have never bought it. it had one of the worst safety ratings, with previous models failing the consumer report testings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel_runner
I have....the stroller than comes with the infant car seat, a single jogger & a double jogger, a double umbrella stroller and a single umbrella stroller and the pull behind bike trailer that converts to a stroller.

My single jogger is what ever Target sells & my double jogger is an old one...bought used at an yard sale. My single stroller is a Graco & my double is a Chicco.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafygreenveg
Just popping in but I wanted to put my opinion of my stroller in. I got it at Target, it's a babytrend travel system. I LOVE IT! It got horrible reviews online but I bought it for the price and love it. It has a triangle handle which is amazing because the tip of it fits toys perfectly so they dont hang in her face. The snap kinda stinks, because you have to hold two pieces together to snap into the lap portion of the belt. It's super spacious and the basket holds everything I need plus some room to spare. I've taken it on grass and gravel and have had no problems. Its super lightweight and fits in my Acura Integra's trunk perfectly.

Cons: I wish the colors would have been nicer. But at least they dont show the dirt. Also, like all strollers, I wish the cup holders would hold normal sized drink bottles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieJ
We have too many strollers, lol! We bought them all new in this order:

1-Graco Travel System-For my first child-okay, but doesn't hold up if you travel alot such as on airplanes, tires squat if you have too much in the basket. I loved that it held the carseat-great for sleeping babies! It was okay for our first child, but I regret not having bought a better-made stroller since we used ours so much for travelling. Graco
2-Britax umbrella stroller-LOVED this for my singleton, very light, cool boy colors-mine was red and blue, this style but a different color BLINK - Strollers - Britax USA
3-Instep single jogging stroller from Walmart-I paid $130, not terribly sturdy, but did the trick if we went to the park, I don't think it would hold up long if I actually jogged

4-Joovy Big Caboose-welcome twins! This thing is huge! Once you have two carseats on it, my toddler cannot sit on the back, he has to stand and he's okay with that, for now. The basket is very hard to get to, there is no parent console for a beverage or your keys. It is very big, I need to remove the trays and sunshades in order to get it into the back of my Dodge Caravan, its huge! Its also really hard to turn when you have three kids on it, and the wheels are small, not very good for rough areas. It has these carseat adaptors that you put in place of the trays, and a strap holds the carseats in place-it works alright. Its great for the mall when I take the kids out on my own, but awful for the park as the terrain is too uneven. I don't think my toddler will ride on the back for much longer, so I'll likely be selling this soon. Its pretty easy to fold, other than I have to take off all the parts to get it into the van. My son thinks its pretty cool that he can ride on the back Joovy Big Caboose

5-BOB Revolution Duallie-Wow, we just bought this one and I have to say wow! I wish we would have paid the $$$ and gotten one of these for our first child-its built better than my vehicles! I got the Mesa Orange color-the parent console was extra, as is everything else with a BOB. This would be ideal for jogging or going to the park. When we go for a walk, we take the twins in this and the toddler in the Instep jogger. Each child can recline independently, they have their own sunshade which goes really low, the basket is high and a fairly good size. I didn't buy the carseat adapters as they are very expensive and the boys won't need them much longer anyhow-they're okay sitting in the 5pt harness. This thing is very big! I have to take off the two large 16" side wheels to get it into my Dodge Caravan, but I can leave the swivel wheel on. Its pretty easy to fold, very sexy color! This stroller will definitely outlast the twins and probably a few more kids! We tried to buy one used, but nobody is selling them-I had to get a new one but I am very glad that I did. We don't jog, but we definitely could with this! BOB Revolution Duallie stroller | Parent Reviews & Free Shipping

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
March 1st, 2011, 12:47 PM
Happy Mommy
I just bought a Safety 1st one, and so far I love it. have yet to actually use it with the baby, but after I read the manual (never did the whole travel system before) It seems really easy to work. and I like that the stroller handle seems high (at least to me) no having arms stretched out to reach the handle to push it!

Tags
compiled , review , travel system

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search