We changed schools...

Forum: Moms of Gradeschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Gradeschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Okay so... update on our school drama lol. It never ends! The school pushed me over the edge when they told me I couldn't drive my own child to a field trip because I have his younger sibling in the car. Which, why that caused an issue was... unexplainable. I had to increase my car insurance to cover any child I drove so... it's not like he was on their insurance. The school doesn’t have buses so they rely on parents to drive, which I was NOT letting anyone else drive my child! Telling me I can't... was a bad decision! Then the fact they made it impossible for us to reach our volunteer hours... had me at my wits end! We had a 5 day weekend and Dh and I spent the whole time bickering about it but I won and yesterday we registered him at the public school and he went for his 1st day. And he really liked it. He's got a really sweet very young teacher and he really likes her, the school is very similar to the public school he went to before our move. I think it's just an environment we're more comfortable in. Honestly, the class sizes are the same except there are 4 instead of 1, which is great, that way if you HATE one teacher you can switch... before there wasn't an option. No crazy strict rules or ridiculous policies. I'm happy about it and Joe is too. He was asking a lot lately to go to the other school, he just wasn't happy in that private school. DH is, however NOT happy. He's like well what if you can't volunteer at this school or you hate it? And I told him, at least I won't be FORCED to volunteer and then told I can't... and I won't be paying a fortune for a school I HATE! He's worried his parents are going to be upset because they were soo excited about him going to that school since all of their kids went to one, but you know what it's OUR family not theirs and I don't really care how they feel about it lol. My mom's thrilled, she's already getting a box of "normal" clothes ready to be mailed, she can't do much living so far away so she figures at least she can send him tons of school clothes. Which is much more fun to buy when it's just everyday stuff.

I hope I made the right decision, time will tell. I worried ALL day about him yesterday but when he came home he was happy and had lots to tell me about! Also, the homework was fairly difficult which was a relief because the private school was like a repeat from 1st grade. He was doing beyond good because he had done it all before. So hopefully this school will challenge him more. Hopefully this will be the last you hear of me on this topic!

Facebook
October 8th, 2008, 12:31 PM
JenniferT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am glad that you have made the decision and that is out of the way.. If he is going to be happy there then that is what matter, not what the IL's will think.. You are right it is your family and what is best for your son is what matters.. I am sure he will do great at the new school and that you made the right decision..
October 8th, 2008, 07:25 PM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you guys decided to change schools. I think because neither you or Joe was happy with the other school, it was just not a good invironment for him. I'm sure once your DH see's that he likes the school, he will feel better about the change.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

October 9th, 2008, 04:23 AM
mommyreb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mommyreb
I am glad you did it! It sounds like its already less stress on both of you! I hope that when your dh sees how much your son is enjoying it he comes around!

Thanks for my siggy Steph2007!

October 9th, 2008, 09:52 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
Hopefully thise will be a better experience for all of you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search