Loosing teeth.

Forum: Moms of Gradeschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Gradeschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2009, 08:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
From all my experience with children I thought that kids usually started losing their teeth between kindergarten and grade one. Some cases kids had already lost a few teeth by the time they were 6-7. My son is already over 7 and has not lost one tooth and none are even getting loose. Is this unusual?

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
July 22nd, 2009, 06:25 PM
TaraakaMom's Avatar CoHost Survivors of Abuse
Send a message via MSN to TaraakaMom Send a message via Yahoo to TaraakaMom
No I dont think So I know Kali was late into the 1st grade when she lost her first tooth. I was begining to wonder as well. I read somewhere that the longer it takes kids to get their teeth, the longer it takes for them to come out. Kali was 10.5 months old before she got her first teeth. Even now, at 10.5 years shes only lost 8 teeth yet. I also noticed when she gets a loose tooth it takes FOREVER to come out (near a month or more before it comes out)

The greatest love, is the love of a child
July 22nd, 2009, 07:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree it's not unusual, but if it concerns you speak to your dentist about it at her next visit. They can see on the x-rays where the underlying teeth are as well and may be able to give you an estimated timeline on when you can expect them to fall out. My son was almost 7 before he lost his first tooth and in the 1st grade and once the one started boy oh boy a bunch more did too LoL. He was also older getting his first tooth at 8 months old so he was a little older to loose his first one.

I would probably mention it to your dentist just so they can make sure things are on track, but more than likely she's just a "late bloomer".
July 23rd, 2009, 07:11 AM
**Melanie**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's normal. Milo lost his first tooth in kindergarten and Owen lost his first tooth on the last day of kindergarten, but they both started teething early at 3-4 months old. I have a friend whose son just lost his first tooth and he will be in 2nd grade in the fall.

July 26th, 2009, 07:45 PM
My son lost his first tooth in Kindergarten and my daughter still has not lost one and she is heading into 1st grade.
July 27th, 2009, 05:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
my son is in grade two so he is a little older then the children everyone else is mentioning. I think this thread has made me more nervous because no one seems to have a child in grade 2 or 3 before losing a tooth so I called the dentist. Hopefully they will put my mind at ease.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
July 27th, 2009, 06:59 AM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
I don't think its real unsual- but calling the dentist will help ensure you.

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
July 27th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishing View Post
my son is in grade two so he is a little older then the children everyone else is mentioning. I think this thread has made me more nervous because no one seems to have a child in grade 2 or 3 before losing a tooth so I called the dentist. Hopefully they will put my mind at ease.
Well I wouldn't go by grade since all children start school at different times. What is his AGE? After speaking to my dentist on it a year or so ago they have to be VERY late before they put them through pulling teeth, so I wouldn't worry too much.
July 27th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Ma-2-Thing 1-2-n-3's Avatar Leslie ~ 2 boys ~ 1 girl
Austin just started loosing his teeth this year and is six. I don't think it that uncommon.
August 6th, 2009, 03:47 PM
*ScrappyMom*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via MSN to *ScrappyMom* Send a message via Yahoo to *ScrappyMom*
My oldest turned 7 in April, & will be starting 2nd grade soon. He has no loose teeth yet.

Custom crochet hats for you & your little ones!
Check out my FB Group!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search