When does summer end?

Forum: Moms of Gradeschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Gradeschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Is everyone out of school already? I think some places go until late June, right?

My kiddo has been out for a month now. School here in Mississippi starts back August 3rd. Because we're moving to Washington DC in August though (military move) she won't have to go back until August 23rd. She's getting 13 weeks of summer...lucky kid! It kind of stinks because we won't move there until the week before school starts, so I don't really know what I need to buy her yet. Different schools in the same area have different uniforms and supply lists, so if we're not 100% sure on where we'll be living I don't want to shop ahead.
June 15th, 2011, 08:01 PM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
if you have any questions about cities near DC let me know, I MAY have an in for some information (a girlfriend of mine is from DC and her mom still lives there, I have an Aunt in Woodbridge, a few miles from the city, and my father's last duty station was the DC shipyards)

DC has A TON of free stuff to do! We are hoping to move there in a few years ourselves

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3
June 16th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
Not out over here yet, they get out on the 24th June and go back on 17th August
June 16th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Been out for 13 days so far and school won't start until August 23 here .

June 16th, 2011, 02:22 PM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
My girls got out last week and the week prior..and go back August 30th

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
June 16th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ours ends in late May and starts up usually between the 1st and 8th of August.
June 17th, 2011, 09:54 AM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My girls have been out for about 3 weeks. They go back August 17th.
June 18th, 2011, 01:49 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
We homeschool year-round. We dove-tail grades, too. When one subject is finished, we move on to the next grade without waiting for the others to catch up. We transitioned from 2nd to 3rd in Apr & May, and then finished the first (much shorter) term of 3rd grade this past week. We're sort of on a break until mid-August, although we're still doing some stuff like Bible and math no matter what.
June 23rd, 2011, 07:31 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouise View Post
Is everyone out of school already? I think some places go until late June, right?

My kiddo has been out for a month now. School here in Mississippi starts back August 3rd. Because we're moving to Washington DC in August though (military move) she won't have to go back until August 23rd. She's getting 13 weeks of summer...lucky kid! It kind of stinks because we won't move there until the week before school starts, so I don't really know what I need to buy her yet. Different schools in the same area have different uniforms and supply lists, so if we're not 100% sure on where we'll be living I don't want to shop ahead.
This is exactly my situation. Schools here got out on June 13th, the schools in Ma where we will be moving don't get out until the 24th and start on Sept 6th, where here they would go back August 29th. We will be moving from PA to MA around August 20t, so she will get an extra long break.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
June 24th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by D@mnedYankee View Post
if you have any questions about cities near DC let me know, I MAY have an in for some information (a girlfriend of mine is from DC and her mom still lives there, I have an Aunt in Woodbridge, a few miles from the city, and my father's last duty station was the DC shipyards)

DC has A TON of free stuff to do! We are hoping to move there in a few years ourselves
I'm hoping we like it! I've never been much of a city person, so we'll see. The rental houses up there are so crazy expensive that we are trying to get into military housing on one of the bases....there are several in the area.
June 25th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Yaps's Avatar HOT AND FIREY MOMMA
My Kiddos been out since May 24th and will go back middle of Aug (cant wait )

With Loved ones in Heaven, You'll always have Angels watching over you
In Memory of My sister 2-11-81 to 11-9-09 "SIEMPRE EN MI CORAZON"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search