Can I pop in?

Forum: Moms of Gradeschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Gradeschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2011, 06:59 AM
PeanutandPiglet'sMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
I'm hoping to be more regular on this board - if that's OK. :-) Been a while...

I'm Cindy, mom to Kaylee (9) and Vanessa (5). Kaylee will be starting the 4th grade this Sept. and Vanessa is entering 1st grade.

Kaylee is older for her grade as her b-day is on Halloween and the cut off for us is Oct. 1st. I've found this to be an advantage for her since she takes a bit longer to 'digest' things.

Her sister is the complete opposite. Vanessa's b-day is Sept. 22nd so she entered kindergarten last year being 4, turning 5. However...she's the second child in every way, shape and form! She's a fast learner and quite smart if I don't say so myself!

School starts on Sept. 6th this year. I'm kind of looking forward to getting back on a schedule, yet not looking forward to the early mornings and homework!

Hope to get to know you ladies better and share some fun stories and thoughts.

August 14th, 2011, 09:31 AM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
Welcome!!!

Been a long time since I've seen you around!!! In case you don't remember me from your days on the Preschooler board haha. I'm Amber, mom to Arianna (11) going into 6th grade & Natalie (almost 6) & going into Kindergarten.

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
August 14th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
I remember you!!!!

Now that both of mine are in school...and I have a new laptop I hope to be more active doing things for ME (Like JM!)

August 14th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Glad to see you!! How was Vanessa's year in Kindergarten??

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
August 14th, 2011, 04:15 PM
She loved it!!! I was a bit nervous that she'd have a bit of a struggle being the youngest in her class but boy, was I wrong!!! She really did great.

We had her do a week of 1st grade enrichment at the school this summer so she could get a little one on one with her new teacher. After the 2nd day, her teacher let me know that Vanessa was doing extremely well and that 1st grade should be a breeze for her. I can only hope she's right. 1st grade means more than 3 pages of homework each week.

August 14th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Oh that's great!! Glad to hear she did so well!! Way to go Vanessa!

"
August 14th, 2011, 09:28 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
Hi, Cindy, and welcome! My name is Kassia. I have one son going to kindergarten, Ernest, and another going into Pre-K, Robert. In fact, our big day for both is tomorrow morning. Can't wait to hear more about you and your girls.

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

August 15th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Welcome! I'm Rose, I have 3 boys - Joe is 10 and going into 5th grade, Jayden is 5 and starting Kindergarten and Hunter is 2 and... staying home lol!

Look forward to having you on our board!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search