Update on first day! =D

Forum: Moms of Gradeschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Gradeschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2011, 01:20 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
The boys had a pretty good 1st day. They both had gym and said it was far too hot for that (and boy howdy it was!!!). They said the day was crazy and they didn't even get time to talk to any kids, it was just run run all day long. The only thing that was off was I got a notice of a negative lunch acct balance for Jayden - I packed them both lunch today. After asking him about lunch he said, "the pizza was pretty good" - pizza is what the school had for hot lunch today. I asked him what happened to what I packed him and he says, "I ate it in class" LOL! His teacher lets them have a snack in the morning and he ate his ENTIRE lunch lmao!! Gotta love him!

I figured it would be busy today at pick up but I had no idea... I got there about 30 minutes early and still waited over an hour in line! Poor kids had to stand outside all that time, I felt soo bad for them! There were just hundreds of cars in line to pick up, it was crazy!! I'm going to have to leave an hour early to beat the rush I guess!

August 22nd, 2011, 04:31 PM
PeanutandPiglet'sMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
Glad the day went well for them.

That's funny about the lunch. Vanessa did that last year! Bought lunch when I packed it. Came home with an IOU note. I sent a note in to the teacher since it was kindergarten and I felt they needed to kind of check on the kids before they go ahead and try to buy lunch. I also made sure to put her snack seperate so she knew it was just snack, not lunch.

I'm wondering where in PA you live??? Do you not have a bus system? There has to be a better way for the drop off/pick up I would hope.

August 22nd, 2011, 04:34 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
We're in FL now, they can bus I was just a little worried about it with us only living here 2 months so not knowing the area and them being new to school. I am paranoid about them getting off at the wrong stop or something. But if tomorrow is a repeat of today then Wednesday or Thursday they'll be riding the bus! I'm hoping the extra traffic was just a first day thing and not all the time. =S

August 22nd, 2011, 04:48 PM
PeanutandPiglet'sMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
ah-ha....sorry about that. Looked at your profile and saw PA.

Hopefully, it gets easier.

I know that our school is crazy the first few days with drop-offs and pick-ups. We are a small school too! Maybe 300 kids in a school that goes Pre-K to 6th grade. But small school = small parking lot. There are 4 buses total. They get to pull right up to the school. For morning drop off, the cars go through a different parking lot, line up and the school nurse and 2 of the 6th graders help the kids from the car to the school one vehicle at time. For pick-up at the end of the day. Parents need to park and wait outside the school. Buses get dismissed one at a time and then the pick-up kids get dismissed.

I am dreading the first day this year as I need to pick up my kids that day. Normally, they take the bus but our first day of school is also my first day back at the dance studio. School is out at 3pm...I teach my first dance class at 4pm. If I waited for the bus I'd be late!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search