Kindergarten moms!!

Forum: Moms of Gradeschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Gradeschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2011, 01:54 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
How are your little one's liking Kindergarten so far?

Do they go half day or full day?

Jay has full day and he is loving it but soo tired at the end of the day, we get home, he eats a snack and crashes on the couch!

August 23rd, 2011, 03:39 PM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
I'll chime in next week. Natalie starts Tuesday. She'll go full day.

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
August 23rd, 2011, 06:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Leah has one full day next week and then starts full-time after Labor Day. She's excited about starting.
August 23rd, 2011, 07:45 PM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Troy starts tomorrow and he's soooooooo nervous so we'll see....

August 24th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
Jaidyn is in the Scottish equivalent and loving it, she's half days until 12th September when she starts full days.
August 24th, 2011, 04:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Matt has only gone two days so far. Right now it is hard for us since we are living in a hotel and have a long drive to and from school. We have to leave at 7am and school starts at 7:40. In about 10 more days we will move into our new home and then we'll be very close to the school. He'll probably ride the bus then, but will still have a much shorter drive. Kindergarten is full-day here, but they still get off at 1:55 since they start early. I am glad because that means he is on the same schedule as his big sister.

He comes home happy but tired each day. He's not a big talker so I really have no idea what he is doing all day, lol. He has a "back to school night" in early September so I am looking forward to going to that to get more information. We moved to this area the week before school started, and he didn't get his teacher assignment until the morning started, so I don't know much.

Also, we had an earthquake yesterday afternoon so now school is canceled for today. I hope it is back on for tomorrow...
August 24th, 2011, 08:11 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
Ernest goes to a magnet school so he is there from 8am-3pm then he is taken to extended care until about 4:30pm So far he loves it, especially with his learning Spanish.

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

August 28th, 2011, 05:22 AM
purplepieguy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm new to this board.

Anyhow, my little one goes full day. She goes from 7:30am-2pm. She really likes it, but last Tuesday she cried during lunch and her teacher had to call me because she was so upset she was scratching herself all up (she has eczema and when she gets upset it flares up).
September 3rd, 2011, 02:28 PM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
Well.. Natalie's had her first full week. She cried Tuesday, Threw a fit Wed/Thurs & walked in by herself on Friday... . Her teacher says she's fine in class though. Hoping she adjusts quickly. She says likes it but that it's "too early, she's tired."

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
September 4th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Veteran
Gaige seems to really enjoy it but he still isn't totally happy bout riding the bus..sometimes he tries to run when he see's it coming but once he's on he looks happy..im thinking its just to give me a run for my money. He goes full day...his school is doing renovations so goes to the school a couple towns away he gets on the bus around 830 and doesn't get home till about 415ish. so he has a long day as well.

September 5th, 2011, 02:57 AM
SouleBaby's Avatar Lovin My Boyz!
New here and my oldest starts on sept 12th. This week is called 'soft start' where we have an appt (wed) to meet the teacher one on one and they will also do some assessment tests for knowledge.
The school is doing half days this year due to budget cuts. I'm honestly a bit nervous to see my son(baby) go to the big kid school, but he is excited
I'll update after his actual first day!

Thank you GreysMom for my awesome siggy!!!!

September 5th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm new here too and my girls started last Wednesday. They go 1/2 day by our choosing. They were extremely excited to go back to school. They are in a multi-age classroom of 3 year olds to 6 year olds, so there wasn't a transition for them because they have been in the same classroom for the last 2 years.
September 5th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
John Paul goes all day every day and gets in trouble more often than not. They do a 0-4 rating system each day with 4 being exceptional behavior, 3 being normal good behavior, and it goes down from there. He usually gets a 2. Plus he threw up in speech therapy last week. I don't think he's enjoying it so far.

September 8th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
I am so sorry for those haveing a hard time adjusting, i hope it is getting better

Nichole loves it, she goes full day from 8-3:15. I hate that I wish they had half day but if any child can handle full day, it's her. I thought she would be tiered but she is fine, she goes to bed around 8 and gets up at 7 so she makes up for it with a good night of sleept!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

September 8th, 2011, 09:29 AM
AmAnDaMo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It took her a few weeks to fully adjust, but she enjoys it now. She goes full-day (7:45-2:35 except Wednesdays they get out at 12:35).

She definitely has a bigger appetite and is more than ready for bed at 8 pm.

September 10th, 2011, 03:38 PM
gctattoo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Alisha started on 8/22 and she loves it. She goes all day-- 7:30-2:00.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search