Report cards...

Forum: Moms of Gradeschoolers

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Gradeschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Well first Jay finally completed his behavior chart and got a numbers sticker book, eraser and finger puppet as a prize! He's had some troubles on the behavior end so this was a BIG accomplishment for him! He was soo excited and has stayed "green" since this so hopefully it's encouragement to get the new chart filled up fast!

Report cards, Jay's was fantastic, which we expected - his teacher said academically he's doing wonderful it's just his behavior that needs work and obviously he's improving with that since he finally finished his chart!

Joes report card, ugh, not thrilled with it. He got 2 C's - math, I expected he struggles in math but also in READING (his strong area)! I about fainted! Turns out he hasn't been turning in his homework and apparently it makes a HUGE impact in his grade! I went through his binder and sure as heck, all his homework and reading logs just sitting in there!! He's doing them, I don't know why he's not turning them in, we talked to him about it and all he could say was "he forgot" - apparently at least 2-3 times a week he forgot! I am NOT a happy camper! His teacher will not let him turn them in late so he's just SOL and has to do better next quarter. Right now he's in quite a bit of trouble and we've given him until progress reports (December 5th) to bring that grade up. If he gets another C his DS and Wii are GONE until he brings the grade up. I had blamed the C on math on him just struggling with it but he seems to be doing better - the homework is going faster and he's not asking for as much help so I figure I should probably contact his math teacher too and see if homework is a player in that C also. It's just kind of frusterating because I know he is perfectly able to get all A's, he just didn't put the effort into it. And to not turn in homework is flat out lazy!! I don't get it, after you've done the work handing the paper in isn't that hard! Grrr!!

November 8th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had to laugh only because we went through that last year with homework, although homework for us is a separate "grade" (not a grade but excellent, satisfactory, etc) so it doesn't impact the actual grade, but still I said the same thing you've done it that's stupid not to turn it in. That's like me saying sure I'll work my 8 hour day but don't worry about it you don't have to pay me. With the teacher's help and him knowing I would be keeping on top of it and having consequences at home that ended quickly and we haven't had a problem since.

Hope it resolves for you guys as well! Good luck!
November 14th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
My nephew also did/does that. His sotry is far worse though.. as in 8th grade at 15 and about to fail again........ His started about 4th or 5th grade. My brother did EVERYTHING he could to try to get him to turn in homework but he kept saying he forgot. I think you are doing the right thing by taking away his stuff for not getting a grade up. While I don't think a C is the end of the world, if they are truly struggling, but because it's homework bringing it down.

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

November 14th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Gaby will get her first report card in about a month (I think)...

I hope it all resolves for you guys - I have a feeling Gaby is going to be in a similar situation when she's a little older!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search