Thanksgiving

Forum: Moms of Gradeschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Gradeschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2011, 10:10 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
What are you making for Thanksgiving?

What do you do with left over turkey (if there is any)?

Do you have guests coming over to eat or do you go to someone else's house to eat?

About how many people do you expect to be at the dinner table?

November 22nd, 2011, 09:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What are you making for Thanksgiving? Lots of food LoL.

butterball turkey
stuffing
mashed potatoes
cranberry sauce
rolls
green bean casserole
olives
pumpkin pie
pumpkin cheesecake
sweet potatoes
corn
gravy

Everything homemade and fresh.

What do you do with left over turkey (if there is any)? We eat it throughout the following week for lunches and dinners. If there's any left over at the end of the week the rest goes to our dogs.

Do you have guests coming over to eat or do you go to someone else's house to eat? We do have guests, first time since we moved here (usually it's just the 3 of us). My husband's friend, friend's mom, friend's son and friend's daughter-in-law are all coming over (and bringing additional food). First time in 6 1/2 years that (so far) my husband doesn't have to work Thanksgiving day. First holiday thta he's had off in 6 1/2 years, we're very excited!

About how many people do you expect to be at the dinner table? 7 including our son.
November 23rd, 2011, 11:03 AM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What are you making for Thanksgiving? The whole meal. Turkey and all the trimmings. Except for the pie. My SIL is doing pie this year.

What do you do with left over turkey (if there is any)? Turkey sandwiches probably. Though I doubt we'll have many leftovers this year.

Do you have guests coming over to eat or do you go to someone else's house to eat? We rotate every year with the in-laws. This year is our turn to host.

About how many people do you expect to be at the dinner table? 20 people this year. We'll need two tables.

November 23rd, 2011, 08:00 PM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What are you making for Thanksgiving?
For the actual day... Mashed Potatoes and Cranberry Sauce
On Friday I am doing the whole dinner (hubby is working tomorrow)

What do you do with left over turkey (if there is any)?
IDK yet! We havent had leftovers in 5 years!!!

Do you have guests coming over to eat or do you go to someone else's house to eat?
This year for the day I am going to a friends, then cooking at home on Friday. NORMALLY we have about a dozen or so people over (including "strays"...I make Tim bring home a few single guys from the command who cant make it home for the holidays for dinner...same on Easter)
but this year because I am so darn huge... no one

About how many people do you expect to be at the dinner table?
My friend will have 7 total... we will have 3...this is soooo weird for me lol

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search