*sigh* This is really bumming me out!

Forum: Moms of Gradeschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Gradeschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
The school has made it next to impossible for me to go on Jay's K field trip =(. You have to go through the whole process of becoming a volunteer - I had to pass a background check (done), then attend volunteer classes (3 of them) and they are at either 9am or 1pm, they're an hour each. I have no one to watch my kids and my husband isn't going to be able to get that time off (if it were a few hours earlier or after 6 I could do it). Then as if that isn't enough before you can go on the field trips you have to do a min. of 3 seperate hours of volunteering at the school. It's just not going to happen. I can't take the kids and I obviously can't leave them at home. Dh could go in late one or two days but not 6 days. It sucks. How do any parents volunteer? I can't believe everyone can get that kind of time off work to take all the courses and then spend the volunteer time. At the very least, why are the volunteer courses not in the evenings? I guess most SAHM's can because they probably have family that can babysit. I don't. I'm really bummed out!

Facebook
February 19th, 2012, 08:37 AM
badgirl11381's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to badgirl11381
Yea this really stinks doesn't it?? It was so much easier to go on trips and help out last year. I started back to work this year so I dont have as much time but when I do have time off I would like to help out but they make it soo hard. I understand they want to keep our children safe but I was homeroom mom for the past three years in her classes I think they know me by now.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy
February 19th, 2012, 10:08 AM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
I guess it's good they want quality volunteers. But wow, that is a lot to do just to volunteer and go on a trip. Sorry it's not going to work out.

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
February 19th, 2012, 11:08 AM
We don't have that much to go through for volunteering. For my daughter in 2nd grade i was able to go in and volunteer once a week when i was pregnant and when my son was a baby. In third grade and now 4th I haven't been able to volunteer as much since my son is extremely active and won't sit still long enough. hubby's schedule changes on a daily basis so i'm only able to go in if he's on leave.
February 20th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Veteran
It's nice to see the school is thinking of everyone's safety, but that's a lot of work to be active in your kids school. Sorry to hear they are making it so tough.

I guess we are lucky that the kids go to small enough schools where we don't have to go thru all of that, but when they need/want volunteers they have a hard time getting them because of the stipulations they have put in place. I have volunteered on a number of occasions and when I can't find someone to watch Melanie for me the school has been kind enough to let me bring her along (but it depends on what it's for).

Together we have 4 beautiful children:
Treyden (Dec/97), Emily (Jun/00), Christina (Oct/03) & Hilarie (Dec/04)

Together we are raising 7 of my nieces & nephews:
Kristina (Feb/96), Leah (Jan/98), Austin (Apr/00), Dylan (Feb/02), Mya (Feb/02), Landon (Apr/03) & Melanie (May/08)

February 25th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
totally a bummer.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search