grrr

Forum: Moms of Gradeschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Gradeschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2012, 12:31 PM
badgirl11381's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to badgirl11381
So, just thought I would share this...So, on Thursday I got a phone call from the principal at my daughters school. Two days before she had came home from school with the beginning of a black eye and she proceeded to tell me that a girl in a grade above her hit her in the eye with a book bag. I asked if she was okay she said yes but that the girl did it on purpose. I let it go because usually kids work these things out. The following day she told me that the girl now felt bad about hitting her and offered to give her $10.00 and I advised her that she was not to accept money or anything from anyone. Then, she told me that this girl did the same thing to one of the girls in her neighborhood and ended up giving her money after she hit her. So, with me telling her this wasn't right I sent her off to school. Anyway, when the principal called I was shocked now my daughter is far from an angel but she has never done anything to warrant a call from the principal before. He goes on to tell me that she and the neighborhood girl were "shaking" another student down for her money. I tried to tell him about the events from the other day but he pretty much blew me off. Maybe I handled things wrong, maybe I should have called the school but my motto is the kids will work it out in a couple of days and if it continues then i will make a phone call to the school. My child and the neighborhood child told me that they simply asked the other child where the money was that she had said she was going to give them. Sorry, but I think I know my daughter better than anyone and I don't see her "shaking down" an older child for money. So, I'm waiting to hear what dicipline actions will be taken. Of course, the other child wont get punished for hitting my child because her parent called in. I'm so upset. Sorry for this long, drawn out rant but I wanted to get this off my chest. Thanks to anyone who had the time and energy to listen to this book lol

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy
February 19th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yikes, what a mess. I guess in the future call the school first...it should have been documented that your child had a black eye.
February 19th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Yea, I guess I know that now. Probably would have ended differently lol

February 20th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Veteran
Wow sorry to hear that. It's amazing how people think they know your child better than you do. Stick to what you believe in and raise your kids how YOU want them to be raised. I'm a firm believer in that I hope things get better.

Together we have 4 beautiful children:
Treyden (Dec/97), Emily (Jun/00), Christina (Oct/03) & Hilarie (Dec/04)

Together we are raising 7 of my nieces & nephews:
Kristina (Feb/96), Leah (Jan/98), Austin (Apr/00), Dylan (Feb/02), Mya (Feb/02), Landon (Apr/03) & Melanie (May/08)

February 20th, 2012, 05:12 PM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
Wow! That principal sounds lovely Both issues should be taken seriously. I'd be marching my daughter into the office, especially if there's a mark still on her eye. Then having her explain what the situation was with the backpack and the girl with the money.

Now you certainly know how to approach the situation next time. Sorry he didn't take you seriously. I hate when things like this happen.

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
February 25th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Definetly a mess it reminds me the trouble I had when Brendan got sent home with worries of contagious pink eye and I told them when they called me to get him that it was not pink eye he just scratched eye due to getting something in there but they still told me to come get him and said he can't come back to school without a dr.note which made me completely annoyed as it was only an hour since he got to school so I walked to school got him making him have to walk home from school then we had to make an appt to see the doctor which we couldn't get in until the next day so that made him late to school with a note not pink eye just a scratched eye which I was like Hello that is what I told you guys so I confronted the principal about it.

February 26th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Brendan View Post
Definetly a mess it reminds me the trouble I had when Brendan got sent home with worries of contagious pink eye and I told them when they called me to get him that it was not pink eye he just scratched eye due to getting something in there but they still told me to come get him and said he can't come back to school without a dr.note which made me completely annoyed as it was only an hour since he got to school so I walked to school got him making him have to walk home from school then we had to make an appt to see the doctor which we couldn't get in until the next day so that made him late to school with a note not pink eye just a scratched eye which I was like Hello that is what I told you guys so I confronted the principal about it.
Doesn't that drive you crazy? It cost me $ (and time of course) to see a doctor, and I'd like to be the one to make that decision. My son gets what the doctor calls "contact rashes" sometimes...basically he has sensitive skin and will get a rash if a soap or something he touches bothers him a bit. He doesn't really need a doctor's appt to confirm this over and over.
February 26th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Totally and Brendan had to miss most of his school and part of it because of this it was like why didn't you listen to me on this as you called and I told you what happened to have to bring a Note back saying what I told you is like Pulling your hair out mess.

February 26th, 2012, 04:38 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a lot of miscommunication! I hope it all gets straightened out properly.
February 27th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Yea well, my daughter and I both have a birthmark on our tongues-called map tongue (weird I know lol) and the same thing happened to her that happened to me on my first day of school. She got sent home. Um hello, Its a birthmark, there isn't anything I can do about it lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search