Tuesday Trouble

Forum: Moms of Gradeschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Gradeschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
How do you handle when your GS'er gets in trouble at school? Do you punish them further at home?

Jay comes home "red" more than I'd like, those days he loses his police car for the following day as punishment. (he has a power wheels police car he drives to the bus stop in the mornings)

Joe has only ever got that 1 detention and over homework which the teacher let him out of it after talking to us so... we've never really had to deal with behavior issues with him. But he is currently without his DS/Wii/computer until his D in math becomes at least a B.

Facebook
March 6th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
If my kids have been in trouble at school they haven't owned up to it Each teacher has their own way of dealing with stuff, so I'm happy for them to deal with anything that needs dealing with.
March 6th, 2012, 02:41 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Usually not. We try whenever possible for punishments to be directly related to the crime so they understand the connection. It's hard to do that when they're happening at different places with different people.

What we do when it's needed (repeated offences or something that directly harms another person) is we make them write a sincere appology to their teacher and/or whoever was involved. It has to be more than just "I'm sorry" They have to own up to what they did and offer to make it right. And they better mean what they say.

Thankfully though, in 11 years at this school with 4 kids we've only had to go this far twice. Their teachers are really good at handling things in the classroom and our girls are generally well behaved.

March 6th, 2012, 03:36 PM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
Yes, she looses an activity or privilege for the day. I usually don't have trouble with Arianna but if there was a problem the same thing would happen with her. I think they need to understand that their are certain behaviors that are acceptable and unacceptable regardless of who is in charge.

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
March 7th, 2012, 06:18 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, it depends on what caused her to get in trouble at school. She's a huge talker, and no amount of punishment is going to make her stop talking. Talking is the extent of her "trouble" at school. And she talks because she's bored and she has a creative mind. Usually, she's not talking to any of her classmates, she's talking/singing to herself. Sometimes it lands her on yellow, and it has landed her on red (very, very rare though). She knows that nothing below green is acceptable, and if she comes home on red she loses her weekly activity (girl scouts or dance) because red means she was not only warned once to stop talking (which would land her on yellow), but again a second time (when she was moved to red). This has only happened once.

If she was getting in trouble for being mean to kids, being defiant, etc. it would be a totally different ball game and her butt would be in a heaping of trouble at home.
March 7th, 2012, 08:01 AM
badgirl11381's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to badgirl11381
Thankfully, both of my daughters have not really gotten in trouble at school (well except for that one incident and I already explained why) DS has gotten into a lot of trouble in school. He has a lot of behavioral and emotional problems. He is my exes son but I raised him - as well as oldest dd but ds lives with his dad) When he lived with me usually he was punished at home as well depending on the circumstance.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search