Poor Joe

Forum: Moms of Gradeschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Gradeschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
He's not looking forward to spring break because he has to get blood work done, an x ray and a vision test.
The doctor was concerned about his growth yesterday, he's not even on the charts for his age, apparently. But his head measures the size of an adults. So they are having his blood drawn to check a huge list of things, then an x ray done to determine bone age and then a vision screening to rule that out (or in) for the headaches. If his vision screen turns out OK they want to do a CT scan.

I've always worried about his size because he really is just tiny! But up till this doctor every other doctor he has seen has just shrugged it off as being short. Our 5 year old isn't much smaller than him and I would guess that in the next year or two Jay will be taller than Joe. He goes Wednesday for the blood work then Thursday for the eye exam and x ray. Hopefully we'll have results and know more the following week.

Facebook
March 18th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's a bummer he has to deal with all that on spring break. Medical issues are no fun to deal with especially on vacation time.

March 18th, 2012, 04:26 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope everything turns out ok. Keep us updated.
March 19th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope it just turns out he is a smaller person and all is okay. Let us know how things go/went.
March 19th, 2012, 08:13 AM
badgirl11381's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to badgirl11381
Aw poor guy hope everything works out for him

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy
March 19th, 2012, 12:53 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Poor Joe! I hope he can still squeeze in some fun between all the medical stuff. We know how tough that can be. and prayers for him. Keep us posted.

March 20th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Thanks ladies! He's really freaking out about the blood work tomorrow, he is soo scared of needles! I've watched some videos of it being done online to show him it's really no big deal. His dad is taking him so I think that will help him put on his "tough" face.

Facebook
March 20th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Does he has to fast before blood work ? If not see about him drinking a lot of liquid as being hydrated can make veins be more visible.

Request a lab tech to not tie the band too tight because from my experience too tight bands equal harder time to get the vein to flow and if the band is too long on at the too tight mode your hand/fingers will get tingly.

So I only go on this certain day every six weeks to get my thyroid levels checked with the lady who knows how to do it right and I'm comfortable with her and hope she will be there for a long time.

She doesn't tie the band on tight, she doesn't bruise my arms at all, she doesn't give me a big bump in my vein,and she lets me drink my drink while I'm getting blood drawn which helps distract me of what is happening.

March 21st, 2012, 08:02 AM
He had to fast and I did make sure he drank a lot of fluids last night! He did great, didn't shed a tear and DH said the lady did great with him. I told him it was fast and easy and now he knows it really is! Tomorrow is his eye exam and x ray then he's done! He's not worried about either of those though, actually he's excited to see his x ray lol.

Facebook
March 21st, 2012, 09:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Great to hear it went good with him and he got a lab tech who knew what she was doing that makes it more relaxing.

When will his blood results be back and what are they checking for on his blood ?

Give an update on his eye and x ray when you get them back.

March 26th, 2012, 01:54 PM
They are checking his thyroid and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember now! I'm hoping to get a call by Wednesday if not I will call them and see what's going on!

Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search