I hate when they do this w/ the photos!!!

Forum: Moms of Gradeschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Gradeschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2012, 07:13 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
The boys school had a picture day a few weeks ago and yesterday we got the samples - it's the entire package. You can choose a few pages or all and I just despise that they do it that way because then I feel obligated to buy them and I really don't want $84 in pictures! I only have about 5 people to even send pictures to so it's just.. a waste! But I hate to think of them getting throw away (what a waste of resources, ya know?!) Next year I will be sure to opt-out of it!!
Our last school did this too but they only sent home 1 small wallet-sized sample and then you had to order - that makes more sense!

Facebook
April 3rd, 2012, 03:36 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Gaby had her photos done a few weeks ago too, and I got a little thumbnail size profile picture to preview, and then there was a black and white photocopy of the class photo, on the back of the ordering details... she should actually get them today!

April 3rd, 2012, 04:09 PM
Veteran
Must be their way of "guilting" parents into buying the whole package, but I agree, what a waste.

The kids just get a small one to bring home with their order form, and we pick & choose what we want.

Together we have 4 beautiful children:
Treyden (Dec/97), Emily (Jun/00), Christina (Oct/03) & Hilarie (Dec/04)

Together we are raising 7 of my nieces & nephews:
Kristina (Feb/96), Leah (Jan/98), Austin (Apr/00), Dylan (Feb/02), Mya (Feb/02), Landon (Apr/03) & Melanie (May/08)

April 3rd, 2012, 04:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Same here and they will always do that. I even wrote a complaint to Lifetouch about this and requested how it would be better to see Pictures online without worrying of losing pictures that you haven't paid for and that if kids see the laminates they will want to undo them meaning even if you didn't want those you would have to pay for them because they are a part now. They told me its not up to them its up to the school sigh.

April 4th, 2012, 07:25 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
They do that here, as well as have 2 photo sessions a year. It drives me crazy. While I belive the photo sessions are up to the school, Lifetouch does the packages to sell more. How can that be up to the school? Lifetouch always sends us the package, then the other company that comes later in the year, you have to order in advance without even seeing the pics. It's so annoying.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
April 5th, 2012, 06:49 AM
badgirl11381's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to badgirl11381
I hate that too...such a waste...and I am so aggravated because the pics are horrible, last year they took it with her headband almost covering her eyes and this year her pony tail came out at school and her hair was a wreck...it was all over the place. They could have at least gave her a comb. she has hair like me and its so bushy and it was every where...grrr

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy
April 7th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
We get an envelope with the sample shots and an order form with the various packages listed. We pick what we want and get them a couple of weeks later.
There's no need in this day and age for whole packages to be sent out to look at, not exactly environmentally friendly is it?!
April 14th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hate that too. I'm one of the ones who totally falls for it though...I hate to see pictures of my babies go in the trash.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search