Uniforms

Forum: Moms of Gradeschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Gradeschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Is anyone else running into uniform issues during this final stretch? My kids' uniforms are looking ragged. And Matt's are too small really. But come on...two more weeks. I'm surely not buying new ones at this point. I feel slightly bad stuffing them into these old things and taking them to school though. They looked so sharp back in September!

If your kids don't wear uniforms, have they made the switch to shorts yet? It is 90 degrees here all of a sudden.
May 29th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Yes!! We're having the same problem! Some of their shirts I tossed last week because they just looked soo bad (mainly the white ones - white, what was the school thinking??) Then pants, we're down to about 2 each so I'm doing laundry a lot more often! But with only 9 days left, I am not buying more this year!

Oh and we did shorts pretty much all year, maybe 2 weeks total they had to wear pants.

Facebook
May 29th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
It's always the same every year! Jaidyn needed new shoes, there was no way they could survive the last few weeks. I'm kinda hoping she won't need new ones straight away when she starts up in August, but knowing my luck she will!
Lucas's sweaters are getting too short in the arms, this last week we've had some fab weather so he hasn't needed them, but the cooler weather has come back, so he's gonna start wearing them again. Refuse to buy new ones as he starts High School in August (they start HS at 11/12 here) and the uniform is different so new stuff won;t get worn again. UGH!
May 29th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Hi! I mostly lurk, but we are having the same problem! My daughter's skirts didn't make it! We have a month left of school and they didn't fit anymore about two weeks ago. I had to go to this cheapo tshirt whearhouse and found 3 blue skirts for 8.99 each. I just bought them because she needed something. I could have gotten away with two and just washed often, but I bought 3. I have a niece to hand down the uniforms to though. And the white shirts, well they look bad, but owell! We will just get through. They have the schools logo on them and we are switching schools next year so we are not buying anymore, otherwise I would just buy new ones and use them next year. I buy shoes as she needs them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search