Might acutally like this teacher!

Forum: Moms of Gradeschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Momof4Boyz

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Gradeschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Evenblindly's Avatar lost 28lbs in 90 days!
Send a message via Yahoo to Evenblindly
tSo we met caidance's new teacher on wed, and I already think I kinda like her. Her first day was Thursday and Friday morning she was already quoting some very positive things she had learned at school to her sister, Something about having a bucket of happy feelings and if someone dips in and takes those feelings out sometimes those feelings turn to sad feelings and even the bucket dippers dont get anything good from it lol it was cute.

A little background:
She has had a rough couple years since I put her in Public school. She went to charter school before, for kindergarten, and what I initially had concerns about them having to high of expectations turned out that she met and surpassed them, I was very proud. In the beginning of first grade, I left her dad and THAT roller coaster began. I had no choice but to put her in public school because, as a preschool teacher, we had a bus that picked up and dropped off from my work. With my hours this was the only option I had.

Her first day they let her get off at the wrong stop (she was confused, thought it was the apartments of the friend I was staying with, but there were probably 10 kids yelling at her AND the driver that this is not her stop because they knew that she was to get off at the preschool with them.... the driver ignored their yells and let her get off... some of the kids came in crying because she got off ) It took us 45 mins to find her and I was a mess... the police called us because someone found her, brought her into their home and called the police because she was lost... thank GOD for good Samaritans because that could have been so much worse!!

Than her first year at Sewell, she went through 3 teachers... mostly not interested in doing much because they were temps I guess... between that and all the changes at home, her abilities and hand writing seemed to dwindle.

Her second grade year, while changes like moving and girlfriends, were constant on her dads side I was was confident that it had been long enough and that hopefully I had maintained enough stability for her in our new place and our routines that she would start doing better... this teacher clearly wasnt all that interested in her job. My child is social, and talkative and she works best alone because she is distracted by groups. Her teacher kept putting her at group tables (even during individual time) and would send me letters about her not doing work. When we met, I suggested that maybe she should be at one of the desks that are by themselves instead of this huge group for individual work time... she said she did that once and it worked well... UH!? why are we meeting? seems you already knew this!? I also noticed handwriting continued to get sloppier and mis spellings were NEVER corrected... I was very frustrated and about to figure out a way to put her some where else. I decided to give it one more chance with the next teacher...

This teacher I am hearing great things about! She finds out the strengths and weaknesses of EACH child and really works with them to help them succeed. I think I might be really excited about her year this year as a 3rd grader!

OK sorry for all the info/rant lol

And I do it FREE check out more info ----->> http://jessicakopac.myvi.net/
Thank you Vicki for my AWESOME siggy!!

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/evenblindly?ref=tn_tnmn

"I will walk by faith, even when i cannot see! because this broken road prepares your will for me"
August 4th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Oh my gosh, that was one of my BIGGEST fears last year - my son getting off at the wrong bus stop. Granted, there are only 2 for his bus but he's just kind of spacey and I don't know if he could handle "being lost" as well as my other DS could at that age. Funny how different they are! So glad she was ok!

That sounds great about the teacher, a good teacher who really takes the time to give each child an individual approach is wonderful! Jay's K teacher was like that and I think that's part of why he did so good!
Evenblindly likes this.

Facebook
August 4th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Evenblindly's Avatar lost 28lbs in 90 days!
Send a message via Yahoo to Evenblindly
ok first LOL!!! Litterally out loud at your avatar! second, yes I was a mess, I was crying I was freaking out, after 45 min I thought only the worst things! I am so glad we were lucky.

And I do it FREE check out more info ----->> http://jessicakopac.myvi.net/
Thank you Vicki for my AWESOME siggy!!

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/evenblindly?ref=tn_tnmn

"I will walk by faith, even when i cannot see! because this broken road prepares your will for me"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search