Fundraising

Forum: Moms of Gradeschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Gradeschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2012, 02:45 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
My son just brought home his first fundraiser. He is selling cookie dough and their is another gift catalog. Start selling today and money is due October 1st.

Leslie

September 13th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh yep, my son's was due this past Monday. He brought it home only 2 weeks after school started! It was cookie dough, then magazines, Christmas stuff, candy, among other things. We sold 3 things but that's it.
September 14th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Ugh, yeah I keep waiting for that! I really don't like fundraisers, especially since we have no family here to sell to and everyone we know has kids selling the same stuff!

Facebook
September 14th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't like fundraisers either. Our family is tiny so there is no one to sell to. My daughter brought home one of those big Entertainment Books and we were to take orders for them and money for them at $30 a book. Well, I just bought the book they sent and didn't sell anymore.

Last year kids at the school were going door to door selling candles. Well, they take the money up front and then order. Long story short....the PTA lost everyones money so no candles!! That being said...I'm too afraid to take $30 from people and not give them something for it right away. It would be different if they didn't have to pay until the item comes in.

September 14th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof4Boyz View Post
Ugh, yeah I keep waiting for that! I really don't like fundraisers, especially since we have no family here to sell to and everyone we know has kids selling the same stuff!
This is our problem too. I did let my son call a couple of family members and instead of purchasing stuff they just sent a check to donate to the PTO that way the school still got money and my son felt good about participating in helping the school earn money.

I also let him go next door as our one neighbor's son is in high school and the other neighbor has a small non school aged child, and we have a friend who is retired and his grandson is in high school. So the 3 of them bought one thing from him also. So, he got to participate some, but nothing over the top.
September 15th, 2012, 01:57 AM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
Thankfully we don't have anything like that here, no selling anything to raise funds. We have a Craft Fair at the school near Christmas and there are a few sponsored things throughout the year, but that's it.
September 15th, 2012, 06:55 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We opt out of fundraising where we have to ask people to purchase something. But I have no problem participating in fundraising like Box Tops, the book fair, schoolstore.net, etc.
September 16th, 2012, 01:47 PM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
Nothing yet.. not looking forward to yet. Although, Ari has had candy for cheer already.

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
September 16th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know when I was a kid we only did 1 fundraiser per year. Now, we're in a different state than I went to school, but my son's school does typically one per month between actual selling stuff fundraisers, Bingo nights, and then the fast food ones, if you go there on such a day between certain hours the place gives a percentage of what is ordered back to the school. So it typically comes out to way too many per year (15 or more).
September 16th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Our school fall one should do something with pizza kits instead they don't they choose the candle one and spring they did the butterbraids

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search