Girl Scouts?

Forum: Moms of Gradeschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LovinMyGirls

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Gradeschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2012, 04:20 PM
amcashes's Avatar Swollen Feet Mommy
This is my daughters first year in girl scouts. It was her turn to bring snacks we were told there were only going to be 5 girls. I told them we were bring cupcakes and juice. (I made them from scratch and the leader said she did not mind) But when we went to drop them off she had given snack time to someone else. They also had to cut the cupcakes in half so all the girls could have one even though I sent 9. My daughter was hurt because this is what she wanted to do. But the real kicker is we ran into the troop leader at walmart and we spoke to her if there was something wrong why didnt she say anything to us. Have anyone else had problems like this with the scouts?

I am a crunchy stay at home mom to a , , and a my husband is in our eyes.
October 1st, 2012, 05:07 PM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
I'd be pissed. She should know who's coming..plan accordingly. Should have told you the total number of kids and then maybe let you decide on whether to do a homemade snack or not. Why would she give snack to another child?

Did you tell her your concern??

My oldest did Brownies for a brief time, no problems. But she didn't stick with it.

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
October 1st, 2012, 05:09 PM
amcashes's Avatar Swollen Feet Mommy
No because I was to upset and i am pregnant.

I am a crunchy stay at home mom to a , , and a my husband is in our eyes.
October 1st, 2012, 05:43 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like miscommunication. My older DD did scouts for 2 years. We never really knew how many girls would be at the meetings. Sometimes only half of the troop would show up, then the next week the whole troop +2 new would be there. We had sign ups for snacks/drinks, but sometimes parents who didn't sign up brought in treats as well and it wasn't a big deal. I'm sorry your DD was upset, but I think this is just really trivial and you should let it go.
October 1st, 2012, 06:03 PM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
Well if something bothers you, you tell someone. Pregnant or not..

I agree you never know who's coming to those things..but you'd want atleast a rough count of who typically shows up. I guess like the above poster, depends on how your meetings typically run. Ours were pretty structured. I dunno.
Kermitthefrog99 likes this.

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
October 2nd, 2012, 07:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Maybe they had some new girls join the troop, or maybe they just didn't want the girls to have too many sweets. It wouldn't bother mer.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search