Well that's kind of crappy!

Forum: Moms of Gradeschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Gradeschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2012, 05:14 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
When my husband and I were in school science fairs were a BIG deal. Something we all looked forward to, we all loved making and presenting our science experiments. I still remember setting up on a table with my little project whatever it was and having my papers with all the info and having the teacher come around and "watch" the experiment and grade from that. So, when we heard Joe's getting to do his first science fair we were so excited for him! Then he spent the last month doing just essay after essay and paper after paper on it and it was like geez, this is kind of crappy. Then she really slapped us down and sent home the note yesterday that we can do the science project - at home and then he can take pictures and bring them in. He'll be graded on his presentation with pictures. He is SO let down. All these papers he's been doing (with his dad) have been explaining how he will set up his project and make it work so they've been planning how to build this thing and now it's just kind of a let down that no one will actually get to "see" it work, just pictures. Booo!

Facebook
October 16th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That is definitely crappy it's awful she decided to do that.

October 16th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That is too bad! The presentation is the best part of the project!!

It sounds like a good way to ruin science for kids!
October 16th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would definitely complain! Maybe if they get enough feedback they'll change their policy for next year.
October 16th, 2012, 04:49 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is awful and what a let down.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

October 17th, 2012, 05:32 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
They were told it was due to lack of space - no where to put the science projects. My son said the teacher told them they couldn't use the gym because of PE. I remember having our science projects in the gym, would it really kill the PE coach to give up a part of the gym for a week or so? =\ Very disappointing!

Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search