Am I overreacting but somehow I still can't get over this

Forum: Moms of Gradeschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LovinMyGirls

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Gradeschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2012, 12:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Its not about school. It's about Halloween and every time I see Brendan's pictures of half of a costume on due to my Aunt showing up 30 minutes early and didn't even give him more than 5 minutes to get ready because she was in such a hurry to head us to Mom's new house to finish helping her to finish moving in. She even threatened to leave us within 5 minutes if we were not out the door by then. She was pulling out of our parking lot willing to leave Brendan and I because she couldn't wait more than 5 minutes.

Everytime I see his costume at the Halloween fun place and it makes me angry at her still for showing up too early,not waiting and threatening to leave us.

Costumes especially Full ones should be able to have time to put on. Full Costumes are part of a Hallloween which I spent Money On and both of us are unhappy that due to my Aunt not waiting long enough for him to get his costume on.

Then she had the nerve to get angry with us because she was too impatient with us as she expected us to head out the door right then & there.

If I would have knew my Aunt was gonna be calling before 4:30 to show up at 4:30 then we would have been ready but No I didn't know that until 1 min before she showed up.

Mom told me Don't call me til 4:30 to remind me to get someone for you at 5 since she won't answer til then so I put my phone in my room to charge as I didn't think I needed it so when I phone Mom she goes Sandi is on her way Now.

I'm like maybe it's also Mom's fault as she's probably the one who told her to get me earlier and I'm like Why.

We were so rushed due to my Aunt showing up early and we could have been warned if I knew someone was going to call me .

Instead I forgot my cell phone,Trick or Treat Bag,Brendan didn't even get to get his Halloween Shirt on. Along with his other arm band.

To threaten to leave us without us Not be aware til 1 minute after the fact that she was on her. It was Halloween and to risk the chance of hurting my son on Halloween because you can't wait it just makes this Mama Bear Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

People tell me forget about it,you guys made it there to the candy jam event, and he had fun. So just let it go.

Some even say I shouldn't even be mad at this and that it's a ridicolous thing to be mad at.

Full Costume the day I got it he was thrilled with it.

Half of the Costume Look

November 5th, 2012, 04:26 PM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
It's disappointing for your son, so of course you're mad. But if he had fun, then I'd just let it go. I can't imagine though she couldn't wait 5 more minutes for you to at least grab the things you needed so that you could finish his costume when you got to your destination. But all in all, if your son enjoyed himself it's good. He probably won't remember it as the Halloween he wore half a costume
SpazTaz likes this.

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search