Oh boy... basketball!

Forum: Moms of Gradeschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Gradeschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Try outs for basketball start next week and my son asked me if he could try out. Of course I said yes but I sat him down for a talk and explained that his height is a major negative for him in this sport and chances of making the team with all those other really tall kids trying out is unlikely and he understood and said it would be fun to try out even if he didn't make it. So he's supposed to get the forms from the coach today and we'll have to get him a physical and then he can try out. He said he might also try out for some other sports coming up. He missed soccer and he's bummed because he found out his friend tried out although he doesn't know if he made the team yet.
I'm really just glad he's getting interested in something outside of computer and video games!! I told him if he doesn't make the school team we can always do it through parks and rec (there are no try outs, you just get put on a team).

Anyone else's GS'ers doing sports this year?

Facebook
November 5th, 2012, 11:28 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope your son makes the team. Good luck to him!

My 2nd grader has done dance since kindergarten, and is also a runner. She has her next race on Saturday.
November 5th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck to him!!

My son has never been interested in basketball or soccer, but he loves baseball and flag football. He plays flag football through the school right now. If his attitude improves he can choose baseball or flag football in the Spring, if not, then I have told him he will not be able to play either one. So, we'll see how it goes.
November 5th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Veteran
My kiddos have played a ton of sports/activities in gradeschool (and beyond but I'm not listing those) ...
My only gradeschooler left has done/is doing ....
M - gymnastics, soccer, girls on the run

My former graderschoolers did these in gradeschool - they ventured into other things outside of gradeschool as well
Li - football & baseball
Mi - martial arts
A - football & baseball
I - flag football, soccer, baseball
Ma - gymnastics, cheerleading
N - cheerleading, dance
S - gymnastics, cheerleading, ballet, soccer, swimming
Le - soccer, baseball, gymnastics, football

Last edited by 8forus; November 5th, 2012 at 02:26 PM. Reason: current gradeschooler
November 5th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck to him! I hope it goes well!

My girls play sports, but not through the school.
November 5th, 2012, 05:30 PM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
Good Luck, hope he makes the team or something else!!

Arianna has been cheering since she was 7. She been cheering competitively for a few years(She's a flier). She's played softball as well and danced for a while too. She still does dance in the summer.

Natalie is dancing again. She did cheer last year and has played t-ball.

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search