It's taken over 3 years.....

Forum: Moms of Gradeschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SpazTaz

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Gradeschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
...but Jaidyn has finally got chicken pox! She managed to avoid three outbreaks in 2 years of nursery and an outbreak in her first year of school, I thought she was never going to get them, so pretty relieved that the spots appeared on Friday and she's been lucky that they are relatively mild, so not too many spots. Phoned the school this morning and apparently there was another kid with it who got the spots on Friday too! Just glad she managed to see out the Christmas holidays before they appeared!
January 7th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Aw, hope she is over it soon! I had them as a kid, but don't remember how long they lasted (I was around 7 or 8), and my son's vaccinated against them, so he hasn't had them. But, hope it's a quick bout for her and she isn't too itchy!
January 7th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
I actually can't believe we haven't got them yet, 7 years of school and no CP! Crazy! I remember getting them when I was 7 or 8 and it went away pretty quickly, aside from being itchy I just remember being glad to skip school lol! Hope she is better soon!

Facebook
January 7th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof4Boyz View Post
I actually can't believe we haven't got them yet, 7 years of school and no CP! Crazy! I remember getting them when I was 7 or 8 and it went away pretty quickly, aside from being itchy I just remember being glad to skip school lol! Hope she is better soon!
Being in the US though, most schools require the kids to be vaccinated for them now. Doesn't do away with them 100%, but outbreaks are far less common now. I know all of the districts my son has been in (he's 11 now) since starting school when he was 3 1/2 have required him to have the CP vaccination.
January 7th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My daughter is vaccinated against them too. How times have changed. I remember when my parents had us have a sleepover with my cousin who had them so we'd all get it and get it over with. Hope your little one gets over it quickly!

January 8th, 2013, 08:17 AM
We don't vax against it here. they get enough vax as it is
January 9th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie2One View Post
Being in the US though, most schools require the kids to be vaccinated for them now. Doesn't do away with them 100%, but outbreaks are far less common now. I know all of the districts my son has been in (he's 11 now) since starting school when he was 3 1/2 have required him to have the CP vaccination.
Well, it's really more of a recommendation that they make sound like a requirement lol. Most states you can file an exemption from vaccinating - reasoning varies per state. Some only allow medical exemption, some allow religious and some (like Arizona) allow both and personal/philosophical exemption.

Facebook
January 9th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, I guess my point is, that since it's really a requirement unless you have an issue with it medically or personally, the cases of chicken pox are dying off.

I'm personally for vaccinations (in fact, my son just finished the HPV series last week), so he has them all, but since most kids are being vaccinated for it in the US, I don't find it weird that they haven't gotten it.
LovinMyGirls likes this.
January 9th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope she's not too uncomfortable! My older two had it as toddlers. Matt had not been vaccinated yet, but Beth had. You can still get it...it's just supposed to be more mild.

At least she is getting it out of the way! I hear it is worse the older you get.
January 11th, 2013, 06:10 PM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
Hope she gets over them fast. Neithef of mine have had them..my oldest being 12. But both were vaccinated against them as well.

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
January 12th, 2013, 09:10 AM
She was back at school on Thursday. She only had about 30 spots, so really mild, her immune system must be pretty darn good

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search