Oh boy.

Forum: Moms of Gradeschoolers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Momof4Boyz

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Gradeschoolers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Joe's elective teacher, ok well past story is Joe's assignment history shows that he's missing pretty much every assignment from the last few weeks (before the break), he's failing the class. He's been asking this teacher for WEEKS to give him make up work to bring the grade up. He also INSISTS he turned in all of that work, and I believe him. This teacher has been blowing him off over and over again and then finally he told him he'd give him something to do over the break to bring the grade up and guess what? He didn't show up to work that day. So no work for the break. I sent him an email and never got a response. So Monday comes around and I told Joe - if he blows you off again I will go in after school and deal with this. He wasn't there. Tuesday, same deal. So Joe has a class with his daughter and he asked her where her dad was and she says, "oh he got fired". Ok. So it's pretty hard to fire a teacher so I'm thinking whatever happened was pretty bad. I'm starting to wonder if he didn't see it coming and maybe didn't care to grade papers anymore? Report work? Give a crap? Joe told me 4 of his friends in that class are also failing so yeah... fishy. I am going to go in after school today and see what I can do. The sub has no clue about anything - she's been having them watch movies everyday. And there is only a week and a half left before report cards. Ugh! Frustrating!!

Facebook
January 9th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What a mess! I hope you can get it all figured out. Hopefully the principal knows there is an issue and will work with you there.
January 10th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck! Will be curious to see what you find out and how your talk goes. I agree with the above, if it's true that he's been let go, then hopefully some benefits of the doubt will be given.
January 10th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree...they need to not let this affect the kids and their grades. Good luck! I hope they can fix everything.

January 10th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Principal called me today, he said basically they're sorting through what papers they do have and trying to figure out how to come up with a grade for the students. He said he agreed that it was not like Joe to be missing that many assignments and that he would call me back in a few days once they come up with a plan. So I guess the teacher must have left things in a pretty bad way. Sad. But I'm glad they're working on it. Joe and I are relieved!
SpazTaz likes this.

Facebook
January 18th, 2013, 03:54 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
Any updates?

Leslie

January 22nd, 2013, 07:20 AM
Well they did a bunch of projects last week and were graded off those and it bumped him from an F to high C, he is 5 pts from a B. They still had papers to go through, although I don't know if they'll grade those because at this point if they don't have a paper from every student it wouldn't be fair to give some kids credit for an assignment that other kids don't have, does that make sense? They'd have to have a paper for everyone to give credit to anyone. Report cards for middle school don't come out for a few weeks though so we'll just have to wait and see! A C passes him but a B makes honor roll so fingers crossed!

Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search